“Beautiful hotel in an excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth

Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth
Ranked #44 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto Canada
“Beautiful hotel in an excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I travel to Montreal fairly often and this will be my first choice in the future. Prices were on par with equivalent hotels in the downtown area but the location alone makes it an easy fit for most trips to Montreal. Direct access to the underground mall, an amazing selection of restaurants and shops within walking distance, metro/Via Rail / and a bus terminal right there. Oh and the Centre Bell for hockey /concerts. And the QE is right in the middle of it all.

I also can't say enough about the staff and service I received at the QE. My check in looked like it was going to be a while based on the line, but the staff flew through the group in front of me and I think my own check in lasted less than 2 minutes. My room was really nice and spotless every day. But the best part was the wonderful woman at the concierge desk. She immediately knew the restaurant I was looking for based on my poor description "my friend said I had to try this place with local beer and burgers to die for ". (Devilles, amazing) I've traveled a lot for work and this was the best concierge I've dealt with.

Overall it was a great experience, I will be choosing the QE again.

Room Tip: South West facing rooms get a nice view of the Cathedral next door. My co-workers were in other par...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear William C - How lovely it was to read your recent review. We're happy to hear you will be returning to Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Thank you for your outstanding comments regarding the concierge team. Rest assured we've already shared your great feedback with the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kindest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were in Montreal for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay here. Right next to Mary Queen of the World cathedral, the hotel is very close to both downtown and Old Montreal. The rooms are good sized and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit dated but still elegant. The Bistro is overpriced but no complaints about the food or service. I had a great time here except that the concierge was not very helpful and rushed us even though there was no one waiting behind us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Silverfuel1 - Thank you so much for sharing some details regarding your recent hotel experience. We're happy you enjoyed the location of the hotel and comfort of our guest rooms, however please accept our apologies for the service provided at the concierge desk. We always strive to offer the best service and rest assured the situation described has been addressed with the team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon. Warmest regards.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have recently enjoyed another magnificent experience at a Fairmont Hotel- Gold Floor.
The Queen Elizabeth Fairmont is very centrally located and walking distance to all the must sees in Montreal. It is close to the very trendy Crescent Street (pubs and night life) and Rue St Catherine (shopping), close to old Montreal and the port, right on the subway station to go to The Olympic Park attractions.

The hotel is grand. I stayed on the Gold Floor on the 18-19 and my room was spacious and very cozy, with a view of the Mount Royal. To get to the Gold floor there is a private panoramic elevator.
Service on this floor is always outstanding, staff is super friendly and will really do anything to make your feel at home away from home. The lounge is always a nice spot to relax after a day of sightseeing and walking, with breakfast being served in the morning and snacks and beverages available during the day.
When you book make sure to notify the hotel of any particular diet requirements and they will always make sure they have what you need. In my case, it was Gluten free bread. I forgot to mention that I cannot have beer but only cider or GF beer and they told me that the next time they will have them for me!

The bed comfort was outstanding as usual. Turn down service always on time and very discreet. Fresh towels and ice for drinks always waiting for me!

In room service was excellent: we dined in one night and the food was delicious and brought in in a very timely manner.

I will certainly go back to the Fairmont QE next time I visit Montreal. This hotel has a great history of famous people staying there for a reason!

Room Tip: Gold Floor Rooms are always the best choice. Even if on the main street, they are on the 18 and 19 f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sk8rmom4ever
Dear sk8rmom4ever - What a pleasure it was to read your recent review. The entire team was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Fairmont Gold amenities, the service provided by our housekeeping team as well as the great in-room dining experience. We most definitely look forward to your next visit and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Warm regards.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Queen Elizabeth hotel is in a great location. You don't need a taxi once you're here. Plus, you have direct access to the underground mall which is very convenient. We stayed here during the Montreal Jazz fest. The room was fine, but I found the bathroom to be a little small. I would recommend this hotel, but it's not the most modern of hotels in my opinion. I was expecting a little more in terms of the decor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear lovelyinparis76 - Thank you for staying with us during the Jazz Festival last year. We're glad you enjoyed the central location of the hotel. With regards to the decor, we're sorry we didn't meet your expectations however please know we are currently working on a renovation plan and we hope to address the concern you expressed in the near future. Thanks and regards.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Fairmont QE Hotel was very nice in terms of overall appearances and feel... room was not huge, but enough room to comfortably walk around... the 19th floor lounge was very nice with a good selection for breakfast.... The room could have had another once over... some cobwebs on the walls and a little dusty on some surfaces.... the heating unit was pretty noisy... the "extra's" were ridiculously expensive... $4.00 chocolate bars, $8.00 water, and horrible selection of movies for $15.99 each!!! Overall a good stay, staff very friendly and helpful... Best part was the central location to EVERYTHING in downtown Montreal (trainstation, shopping, etc)

Room Tip: definitely recommend a east or north facing room since the south side faces ugly old buildings and a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear sjh4255 - Thank your for sharing some feedback further to your recent visit to Montreal. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us, however we do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Rest assured our Executive Housekeeper has been made aware for immediate action. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kindest regards.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Queen Elizabeth while he attended a conference for work. The staff was very friendly and professional. After a long flight we were able to check in early and quickly. The rooms were nice, and had a nice view of Montreal. The Bistro's bar was very polite and went out of their way to make us comfortable when we visited it. It is in a great location and was easy to get everywhere we wanted to go. There was a boil order for drinking water after a line broke and they placed bottled water on every floor. If I am back in Montreal, I would definitely consider staying at The Queen Elizabeth again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear 7Meaghan - Thank you for your recent visit to Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. We're thrilled to hear that our colleagues made your stay very comfortable and enjoyable. That said, despite having an issue with the city water system, we're glad our proactive staff members made it easy and safe for you. We do hope to welcome you back in the future. Warmest regards.
Wetherby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wonderful hotel in the heart of the business district of Montreal. Famous because John and Yoko One had their "bed in" at this hotel and wrote Give Peace a Chance - there is a plaque commemorating this in the lobby. It has one of the best restaurants in Montreal. Stayed a couple of nights on a trip of Canada - the beds were incredibly comfortable and the room very smart indeed. The breakfast bar in the morning was delicious and there was something for everyone from all kinds of fruit to hot dishes - all in a very smart restaurant, with excellent service.

It is possible to use the lift or escalators to get to the underground shops and cafes without even have to cross a road or brave the rain!

The Queen and other dignitaries have stayed at the hotel and I can understand why,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear DorothyT - Such a delight indeed to read your recent review. We're delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast restaurant, the central location of the hotel as well as our comfortable beds. We hope to have the honour of welcoming you again to Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth! Many thanks and regards.