“Fun in a Hotel?”

Ranked #42 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Saratoga, California
“Fun in a Hotel?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent 6 nights in this hotel. The service was excellent and the bell service phenominal. However the standard rooms are small.. We arrived with luggage for 2 months travel on a cruise ship. The room presented a challenge and there were no better rooms available. My husband awoke the first morning with an abcessed tooth. In a pinch will the hotel come throug? Yes in spades! Had an appointment with local (just down in the mall) in a few hours. Not the way that I would like to spend travel time, but the hotel was great.

Room Tip: Ask how large and tend to upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FairmontQueenE, Manager at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear pac1931 - Thank you very for sharing such wonderful feedback regarding the great service provided by our dedicated colleagues as this type of recognition is very important to them. We most definitely hope you enjoyed your cruise and we thank you for visiting us at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Should your travel plans bring you back to Montreal, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will find the accommodation that best fits your needs. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again soon. Warmest regards from snowy Montreal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Generally when I visit Montreal I stay at the Sofitel but as I was in town for a wedding and this was the official hotel I decided to stay at the Fairmont. From the moment, I checked in I regretted this choice. Our room was out dated and had seen better days. The maids had done a poor job cleaning the room and there was thick dust in some places and trash from the previous occupant left in the corners. When we called to ask for someone to tidy it up we were given a great deal of attitude and no action was ever taken. The safe in the room did not work and again the staff was rude when we asked for it to be fixed. It continued to malfunction throughout our stay. It took 2 hours for our baggage to be brought up to our room and again a call to inquire about the whereabouts of our bags was received poorly by the staff. At this point, I ceased to bring any of the further deficiencies with our room to the attention of the staff given their rude demeanour and lack of interest in addressing our concerns. On check out I told the staff when asked that my trip had been disappointing and that I did not anticipate staying at this hotel again. I was then told that this was my fault for not reporting all my concerns and that I should not hold the hotel responsible.
The Fairmont has seen better days and I would highly recommend staying at a newer hotel where the staff have a much better attitude. I will not be staying at this hotel again and will question staying at any other Fairmont hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear isolde98 - We are truly sorry to hear the details of your stay with us in June of last year. We were very surprised to read your feedback and we sincerely apologize for not providing you with the hotel experience you expected. Please rest assured we have shared your comments with our managers and colleagues as this is certainly not in keeping with our high standards of service. We deeply regret this unfortunate experience and we most definitely hope you will give Fairmont Hotels another chance in the future. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. Kind regards.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Fairly modern for a Fairmont. Enjoy it more than the Royal York in Toronto. Good service. Great beds! Conveniently located. Free wireless if you're a FPC member. Good fitness centre as well. All-in-all

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sutter93 - Thank you for your great feedback. We greatly appreciate comments from our guests and especially from our Fairmont President's Club loyal members. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed the convenient location, the overall facilities, our new comfortable beds as well as the service provided. We truly hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best regards.
Weston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you had read my reviews, we are Fairmont members and obviously we try to stay every opportunity we have. My wife and I went to Montreal to spend NYE 2013, first time for my wife and I have not been back in so many years. Montreal is beautiful, we will come back. Unfortunately, we went after the blizzard they had so they city was covered with snow and very cold. We chose the Fairmont because we try to be loyal, excellent rate, very central. I have given them a poor score duet to many facst that you have alreday read. Needs urgent renovation (-1) no need to explain, all other reviewers have said it more than enough. One note though, the fact that you offer an extremely low rate doesn't mean that you should accept whatever the hotel gives you. I have stayed in other luxury properties with extremely low rates , mainly due to season, but the amenities and service was the same like high season, which I had experienced that as well. Understaffed (-1), i saw the same people everyday, we stayed for 4 nights, poor people, they looked tired. If you offer low rates and get your property full, well, at least be prepared. Service(-1), since they were understaffed, obviously not everybody was going to get the attention we deserve. I'm sure all of them were doing their best but this fall to management. Concierge were good, they were very busy, yet very knowledgeable. Let's hope next time I go, I feel like staying at Fairmont. I'll keep you informed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel over New Years. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Valet and bell service very efficient. The rooms are very small and it would be difficult to have 4 people in 1 room so we opted to get 2 rooms. The rooms also look a bit tired and could use some cosmetic upgrades. The fitness facility is well equipped, however, the attached pool area is dated and feels dirty. The hotel is in a great location and with some refurbishing could meet the standards we have seen in other Fairmont properties.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lady_Travel_1969 - Thank you for your recent visit. And thank you for recognizing the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff members. That said, please know that we have several projects to upgrade our guest rooms as well as our fitness facilities, which we hope will be completed in the near future. We appreciate your comments and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back this year. Warm regards.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Located at Rene Levesque, is one of the premier hotel in Montreal. Location is definitely a high point. Check in took some time because of the huge rush. But the guy who checked me in, made up for this delay with his pleasant personality. The rooms are little dated and small. The breakfast is fabulous, one of the best I have come across when travelling in the west. Wifi signal is good. There are lot of eating joints around the hotel. Those who are interested in shopping, the shopping malls are just the walking distance away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Shailender K - We're thrilled to read your review and we thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback regarding the location of the hotel, the service provided at the front desk and the breakfast at Le Montréalais. We do hope to welcome you back soon. Thanks and regards.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend as part of a ladies night in December. The hotel is extremely convenient if you are taking the train into Montreal as it is attached to the terminal! I didn't have to step outside at all.

Upon check-in I was warmly greeted and the benefits of being a President's Club member were honoured (wifi, separate check in lane). The lobby is very large and has a grandness about it, for sure. The room, which was a pre-paid rate, was nicely appointed with trademark Fairmont beds and finishings. There was a large television and lots of table space to spread out your things upon. The bathroom and amenities were also very nice.

We ate dinner in the bar/restaurant downstairs and were not disappointed. My friend had a steak and I opted for arctic char. Both were delicious. The bar had a nice wine selection and very attentive staff who were very gracious about letting me practice my French.

This was my first time staying at La Reine Elizabeth, but I will definitely be coming back when my travels next take me to Montreal.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better for views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear JellybeanandBug - Thank you for sharing some feedback regarding your recent visit to Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and we're delighted to hear your recent hotel experience with us was most enjoyable and comfortable. We sure hope to welcome you again when your travel plans bring you back to Montreal. Warm regards.