“Check your BILL!!! Major Frauds”

InterContinental Montreal
Ranked #38 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Basically I had rented a room for a friend of mine who was staying in Montreal for the weekend. I had specifically told the Desk Clerk to charge my card ONLY for the room and that everything extra (snacks, room service etc) would be taken care of by my friend upon his check out. Now looking over my card statement I noticed that :

1) They charged the room higher than what was indicated on my invoice
2) They STILL charged the extra snacks and beverage fees on my card after asking them no to.
3) And they also added another 250$ which I have no clue what this amount is supposed to represent?

This hotel is nice since they re-modernized in 2009 but as you can see service sucks and they are major frauds when it comes to billing clients!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Checkyourbill
ICMMONTREAL, Director of Sales at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

Thank you for reviewing your experience at the InterContinental Montreal. We are truly sorry that billing procedures were not followed and we can assure you that while running our business efficiently is important, it is more important for us to meet the needs of our guests. You may rest assured that the Department head concerned will be informed. We truly hope tha you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the quality of service that we are know for.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,042)

Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. It's definitely an upscale hotel and the rooms and service showed that. It has a great location within walking distance to downtown Montreal and Old Montreal. The only complaint I have is that the pool and sauna&steam room had odd hours. Besides that everything was great. I had breakfast at the hotel every morning and the omelettes were delicious. Sarah B's bar was pricey but worth it. The room was huge and very clean. Great hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Intercon Montreal for New Year's Eve 2010. The previous year we stayed at the W but decided to give another hotel a shot. Check in was slow, but keep in mind it was New Year's Eve. Our room was HUGE! The bed was huge, amazing, and soo comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous with all the amenities. We never used room service, but did have a couple of drinks at the Sarah B Bar. The drinks were strong and unique (and a bit expesive, but worth it!) I really have no complaints about the hotel except the location in the winter. It is a pretty decent walk to St. Catherine's St. and St. Laurent St. It is close to Old Montreal, through. Would def recommend this hotel if you have the money to spend!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recommendation, we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2010

Wow. I don't know where to start. First off it seems the bar is VERY high in Montreal. Every hotel I stayed in here has been great. But this place is fantastic and I only paid $120 a night (through hotwire) !! When I saw that the bathroom had a separate shower AND shower gel I knew I was going to like the Hotel. Most Hotels never have Shower gel. The decor is very stylish and clearly it has been completely modernized recently. The room is stunning and spacious. Very functional as well. The reception super friendly and the gym very well equipped and with new equipment. Location great...just a short walk to old Montreal and downtown. I didn't eat here, but I bet the food is great. I rang down for a toothbrush this morning and they sent one up..and instead of the normal tiny, crappy brush it was a pretty decent sized regular brush. With hotels it's all about the extra touches and this place scores top all around. And for $120 a night...either the Hotel trade is really suffering in Montreal, these guys are about to go bust or they are insane. I would normally pay $300+ for this quality back home in the US. I'm going to see if I can steal some of the very funky lamps in the bedroom...they would look great in my family room ;-)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for you wonderful review of the InterContinental Montreal. We are delighted that we met all of your criteria for a great hotel stay. It was a pleasure welcoming you and we do hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2010

This hotel is located in the business area of Montreal with a short walk to Old Montreal and a little bit further to shopping on Saint Catherine St. They recently renovated the lobby and rooms and so I'll attach some updated photos. The check in went very smoothly and the woman at the desk was pleasantly friendly. We made our way up to the 22nd floor (the rooms are above the 10 office floors so they must all have a pretty good view). The hallways are a bit too dark but our room had a large window facing the harbour, very spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom has not been updated and had white and green marble, maybe the wallpaper was new but the light switches were older and one of the wall light scones needed repair as did the audio controls because the sound was of very poor quality in the bathroom. There were 2 double beds which gave the room more walking space but queen beds would have been better for our family of 3. Being a business hotel, I'm sure that this superior room would usually be used by only one person so I can understand their choice of bed size.
The concierge was very friendly and helped us make the right choice for a restaurant nearby (Beaver Hall). We quite enjoyed our short stay here.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Toptraveller4

What a delight to read that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Montreal. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Montreal.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

Recently stayed here for 2 nights with husband. Upon early arrival, due to early flight, they were kind enough to find a room for us and let us check in. Concierge gave us excellent map of city and some suggestions for sightseeing. Room very comfortable with nice TV (speakers in bathroom nice touch) and good bedding. Used fitness center sauna and pool, which was relaxing after long day sightseeing. No problems, highly recommend this hotel. Also, ideal location for everything, 5-minute walk from Notre Dame and connected directly to underground city/subway, etc.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steptravel

Thank you very much for your kind review. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the InterContinental Montreal.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

I Stayed here for 4 nights, the hotel is in great shape in a very good location easy to downtown shopping and old Montreal as well as the metro. Front desk staff were very friendly, I arrived at 8am from flying all night and was happily surprised that there was no issue with checking in so early. I had reserved a standard room but was informed upon check in that I had been upgraded to a Junior suite on the club floor. the Room was very large and clean with a separate bedroom with a large flat screen tv, the living room had two wing chairs as well as a large sofa and end tables with 4 large windows around the room. The club lounge was also excellent with good quality tapas and assorted beverages. Pool and sauna areas were well maintained and very nice. One of the best hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank 111,262

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Montreal and truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.