“Ultra Chic Business Hotel in Montreal”

InterContinental Montreal
Ranked #32 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Intercon Montreal for New Year's Eve 2010. The previous year we stayed at the W but decided to give another hotel a shot. Check in was slow, but keep in mind it was New Year's Eve. Our room was HUGE! The bed was huge, amazing, and soo comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous with all the amenities. We never used room service, but did have a couple of drinks at the Sarah B Bar. The drinks were strong and unique (and a bit expesive, but worth it!) I really have no complaints about the hotel except the location in the winter. It is a pretty decent walk to St. Catherine's St. and St. Laurent St. It is close to Old Montreal, through. Would def recommend this hotel if you have the money to spend!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
ICMMONTREAL, Director of Sales at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

Thank you for your recommendation, we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Montreal

Reviewed April 1, 2010

Wow. I don't know where to start. First off it seems the bar is VERY high in Montreal. Every hotel I stayed in here has been great. But this place is fantastic and I only paid $120 a night (through hotwire) !! When I saw that the bathroom had a separate shower AND shower gel I knew I was going to like the Hotel. Most Hotels never have Shower gel. The decor is very stylish and clearly it has been completely modernized recently. The room is stunning and spacious. Very functional as well. The reception super friendly and the gym very well equipped and with new equipment. Location great...just a short walk to old Montreal and downtown. I didn't eat here, but I bet the food is great. I rang down for a toothbrush this morning and they sent one up..and instead of the normal tiny, crappy brush it was a pretty decent sized regular brush. With hotels it's all about the extra touches and this place scores top all around. And for $120 a night...either the Hotel trade is really suffering in Montreal, these guys are about to go bust or they are insane. I would normally pay $300+ for this quality back home in the US. I'm going to see if I can steal some of the very funky lamps in the bedroom...they would look great in my family room ;-)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for you wonderful review of the InterContinental Montreal. We are delighted that we met all of your criteria for a great hotel stay. It was a pleasure welcoming you and we do hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2010

This hotel is located in the business area of Montreal with a short walk to Old Montreal and a little bit further to shopping on Saint Catherine St. They recently renovated the lobby and rooms and so I'll attach some updated photos. The check in went very smoothly and the woman at the desk was pleasantly friendly. We made our way up to the 22nd floor (the rooms are above the 10 office floors so they must all have a pretty good view). The hallways are a bit too dark but our room had a large window facing the harbour, very spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom has not been updated and had white and green marble, maybe the wallpaper was new but the light switches were older and one of the wall light scones needed repair as did the audio controls because the sound was of very poor quality in the bathroom. There were 2 double beds which gave the room more walking space but queen beds would have been better for our family of 3. Being a business hotel, I'm sure that this superior room would usually be used by only one person so I can understand their choice of bed size.
The concierge was very friendly and helped us make the right choice for a restaurant nearby (Beaver Hall). We quite enjoyed our short stay here.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Toptraveller4

What a delight to read that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Montreal. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Montreal.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

Recently stayed here for 2 nights with husband. Upon early arrival, due to early flight, they were kind enough to find a room for us and let us check in. Concierge gave us excellent map of city and some suggestions for sightseeing. Room very comfortable with nice TV (speakers in bathroom nice touch) and good bedding. Used fitness center sauna and pool, which was relaxing after long day sightseeing. No problems, highly recommend this hotel. Also, ideal location for everything, 5-minute walk from Notre Dame and connected directly to underground city/subway, etc.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steptravel

Thank you very much for your kind review. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the InterContinental Montreal.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

I Stayed here for 4 nights, the hotel is in great shape in a very good location easy to downtown shopping and old Montreal as well as the metro. Front desk staff were very friendly, I arrived at 8am from flying all night and was happily surprised that there was no issue with checking in so early. I had reserved a standard room but was informed upon check in that I had been upgraded to a Junior suite on the club floor. the Room was very large and clean with a separate bedroom with a large flat screen tv, the living room had two wing chairs as well as a large sofa and end tables with 4 large windows around the room. The club lounge was also excellent with good quality tapas and assorted beverages. Pool and sauna areas were well maintained and very nice. One of the best hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank 111,262

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Montreal and truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

I booked a couple of days ahead of time on hotwire thinking I wouldn't get a nice place since it was Valentine's weekend, but was very lucky. The Intercontinental is in an excellent location - and the hotel is very clean with great rooms. Of course, the prices are exaggerated...$5 for a Coke in the mini-bar...I didn't have a drink in the hotel bar, but you are so close to Old Montreal why would you drink at the hotel?

The front desk staff were friendly, and the fitness room is open 24 hours, but not the salt water lap pool. The room was great with a nice view. Rooms start on the 12th floor, so they all have good views...and my favourite amenity in the room was the speaker in the washroom so you could shower and listen to what was on tv.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you get it at a good price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

It truly was a pleasure for us to read your review and we are delighted to hear that the excellent service and good location were a perfect match for you. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back

Reviewed February 14, 2010

We stayed the Saturday before Valentine's day, and the hotel was full.
Checking in there was a line so the concierge brought around a tray with perrier, sodas, etc. A very nice and apprceciated touch. The line moved quite quickly.
We were in a club-class room which was large and lovely, well appointed, large TV.
The pool, however, is odd: 41/2 feet deep through-out, barely wide enough for two people to pass doing laps, and entry and exit only by ladders, no stairs. Fine for adults, not OK for children. Maximum guests allowed = 10, just to give you an idea of the size...
After not finding the pool very relaxing, I decided to try the sauna in the women's locker room. Unfortunately, I could not get it to warm up to what even felt like 38C (100 F), even after 15 minutes..
I then decided to go back to the room to take a hot and relaxing bath. The bathroom is very large and lovely, but it has a tiny tub that I had to rollover in just to get my stomache wet.
Dinner was good but they do not appear to have enough staff working so there were some waits. Also not much duck in my duck risotto.
Brunch was the real problem, however, with no plates available, not enough food, long waits for things to be refilled and a general confusion from the staff about what the breakfast included with our hotel package actually entitled us to. One said it included the full "brunch", another said no just the "buffet" breakfast, yet another said it was only for a continental buffet, etc. All of this even though the coupon said "Full Buffet Breakfast".
The staff were quite helpful however, and the main problem just appeared to be that there were not enough of them.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeanlf

Thank you for your candid feedback of the InterContinental Montreal. We were disappointed to read that you experienced issues with the restaurant service. You may rest assured that the department head was informed. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We do hope to welcome you back soon.