“lush business hotel.”

Ranked #34 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
glasgow
“lush business hotel.”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

All the benefits of a business hotel without the 'boring' bits, super comfy bed and stylishly designed large room. On the edge of Montreal old town, and directly under the hotel a gorgeous indoor stylish market place with cafe's and designer shops. There is nothing not to like about this hotel.

Friendly staff and efficient concierge. Don't hesitate to book.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SuzanneMcLaughlin
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear lolaroseGlasgow,
Thank you for this 5 star review, we can't wait to have again with us in the nearest future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Korean first
Horsham
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Well placed in the city. Service throughout my stay was faultless. Rooms comfortable with all you should need for a business or leisure stay. Comfortable beds.

Breakfast was excellent. You are seated in a dinning area with the buffet serve in a small room adjacent. You must try the pancakes.

Well recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank horshamsussex
Dear horshamsussex,
Thank you for your 5 star review, we hope to see you again soon at the InterContinental Montréal.
Sincerely.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Rooms have na old fashioned Style. They are correct. Stayed in a iconic suite (as the hotel name it) and had a good área. Bathroom needs updating once it is very old Style. Buffet breakfast is simple, I was expecting more options. Valet service tales at least 15 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MarcioPalma
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this 4 star review, we are pleased to hear you have enjoyed our hotel. Hope to see you again soon in Montreal.
Siasconset, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at the hotel from May 2-4th to visit friends in Montreal. Overall, the facilities and rooms at the hotel were very nice. My negative experience was the result of a poor customer service experience in the planning of my trip. I booked the hotel through Hotwire, and realized shortly after that I would need a two queen bed room. I called the hotel's customer service, and was told that they had entered a note in their system to provide a two bed if available. It wasn't until I called to confirm on the day of that I was notified that their would be an additional charge of $25 + taxes and fees to have a 2 bed. Had I know this earlier, I could have considered other options, but finding this out on the drive up to the hotel, it was already too late. Sure enough, when I got to the hotel, they insisted that they could not accommodate my original request without charging the additional fee.

Because of they failure of their customer service to notify me of this charge initially and because of their inflexibility even given the abundant availability of 2 bed rooms, I left the hotel with a negative taste in my mouth. When you are in the business of hospitality, this is unacceptable.

I do not plan to return, their are plenty of other similar hotel options in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank SummerHouseMgmt
Dear guest,

We thank you for taking your valuable time to share your thoughts and comments about your recent stay with us. We are really sorry if you were not properly informed by our team members. The description of the service you received certainly does not live up to our standards and we truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two days and three nights for a business conference. To put my review simply, I was very impressed. The hotel is simply stunning: the interior has some very nice Andalusian accents, is in a nice location, and has impeccable service. I have stayed in Montreal over two dozen times and this hotel was the best one I have stayed in to date.

Location
The location of the hotel is definitely a plus. It is located in the Financial/Business District of City, just West of Downtown nestled between Ste-Catharine and Old Montreal. The area is one of the more expensive areas of Greater Montreal, and you feel it! It's definitely a quiet area in respect to other hotels located in downtown but that's a definite plus for me. For those looking for a restaurant, Steak Frites across the street was quite nice as well as a Texan restaurant a few blocks away. If you ever feel like going downtown, a journey of a mere 10 minutes would await you. If on the other hand you wanted to browse at some boutiques in Old Montreal, which I definitely recommend, you would be faced with an equally short commute. On top of all this wonderful stuff, the hotel is situated within a large mall with shops, a food court, a bar, and many more boutiques. The mall was a cathedral that was converted into a large plaza with many, many windows and houses a hotel as well as boutiques and office space In short, this hotel was perfectly situated in my eyes.

Rooms
The rooms in this hotel are very modern yet cozy. Each room has a flat screen TV, a desk, and a very modern bathroom. The beds are comfortable and the feather pillows make you wish you would never have to leave... The decor of the rooms, much like the rest of the hotel, is a perfect blend of modern posh elements and classical elements. In short, the rooms are nice, comfortable and cozy.

The service at this hotel was exceptional. Everyone that I interacted with was helpful, courteous, and always had a positive attitude. They are all perfectly bilingual and most staff also spoke a third language. The individuals working the conference room were also great. In short, the service left our party of seven very happy and never wanting.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Montreal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ausama A
Dear Ausama A,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are happy to hear you like our location, our rooms and our service. we hope to see you again soon.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed at the Intercontinental Montreal 25-27 April for the ScotiaBank half marathon race. The hotel was spectacular....very accomodating in everyway. Rooms are HUGE...around 400sq ft which is enormous by Montreal standards. They even allowed for a 2pm late checkout so I could return from the race and have a place to clean up, stretch and relax before driving home to Connecticut.
The hotel charges CDN$23 for self parking, however on the weekend, you can park for free on St Pierre street. Just make your first right after the hotel front entrance and that's it. Free parking on the right for probably 6 cars. Be careful as the first few feet, and last few feet on that street are reserved for valet service for both the Intercontinental and St James Hotels (clearly marked). The front desk was even kind enough to help translate the French parking regulation signs into English for us after I snapped a pic with my phone. "Lun a Ven" means Mon-Fri.
The spa facilities were alright. Men's locker room could use a good scrubbing and disinfectant. Other than that, no complaints
I would definately stay here again and recomend it to anyone looking to get away to Montreal.

Room Tip: 2111...don't be fooled that it's across from the elevators. It's VERY quiet in there, fa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worldbusiness04
Dear worldbusiness04,
Thank you very much for your 5-star review of our property. What a great pleasure it is to read about your recent visit at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you appreciated the late checkout and our spacious rooms.
We look forward to having you back very soon.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Second stay here. Awesome bed. Great hotel service. Worse service by phone in the world. First time the reservation was made quickly and simply and professionally. Second time I needed a late check-out. Waited 30 minutes and then gave up. Call an hour later and finally got someone after ten minutes, who in the middle of the call cut the line and the call was lost. So I tried one last time, waiting another 30 minutes and finally gave up.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BarreMP
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear BarreMP,

We thank you for your comments following your stay with us. We were disconcerted to learn that you had wo much problem reaching us. Please accept our most sincere apologies, you may rest assured that your feedback provided us with measures to review our procedures and ensure an improved quality of service.

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next travel to Montréal!