InterContinental Montreal
$273
$259
Orbitz.com
2,077 results
All reviewsabsinthe barold townclub roomcorner roomconvention centerroom serviceself parkunderground citystreet levelconcierge deskhotel barroom was largenotre damefew blockshotel is in a great locationvalet parkingdowntown area
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are Platinum members with IHG (I should more accurately say WERE). The InterContinental Montreal was in a good location, but that is the ONLY positive. The management is rude and uncaring. Pillows were awful, everyday we would ask for more and they would bring them 1 at a time and then take them away the next day with the cleaning. The concierge seemed "put out" that we asked her about a particular Christmas symphony that we wanted to attend - it was a combination program with a narrative with it and we specifically asked her if it was bilingual and in English. She emphatically stated "yes" and more-or-less rolled her eyes at us. When we arrived at the program it was only in French and unfortunately the narrative was more than half the program. In any case, I spoke with the available manager, Fadi Hobeiche, when we returned to the hotel and he was rude and indifferent. He even called me a liar when I told him the situation (why would I lie about that?) Even though the tickets for the event cost me about $110 CAN, he would not even accept any responsibility of his concierge's direction or compensate me. It was all-in-all a terrible experience with them. Stay at the Westin next door instead -- has the same good location. My experience at this hotel has caused me to rethink my loyalty at IHG and I am going back to Starwood.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Latesho,
We thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are really sorry to hear what happened during your recent stay and we cannot apologize enough for the experience you had while staying with us. We take full responsibility for the information you received from our concierge and we sincerely apologize for the fact that you were misinformed. We would like to offer a reimbursement for the cost of the tickets. Please contact us and ask to be directed to our Electronic Marketing Manager who will take care of that for you.
We certainly hope to regain your trust and confidence.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Surly unhelpful staff at reception. I asked where the airport bus stopped and was told to see the concierge even though they were just stood around. I waited 15 mins to see the very overworked lady to be told the ind word answer. This was a pattern! Wait on average of 10 mins and then to be told that you can ask a quick question! I stayed for 6 nights and had to ask every single day to have the coffee replenished. Bar had run out of bog standard house wine and
Finally got an over priced glass of wine but not until she had finnished watching the news report on tv. Went for breakast just the once and the person allocating tables was reading a novel. Final straw was to find out on my 6 th day when i was checking out that an urgent parcel had arrived on the first day and on-one thought to mention it!!! It was diabolical! The only helpful person was the pool attendant!!! Be careful not to pay fir the 10 dollar bottle of water in room and very expensive wifi! They are having a laugh surely????? Ŷ

Room Tip: Dont,t go!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Christine I,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with our team following your stay with us. We truly apologize for your experience while staying at our property and we are most sorry to hear that our team did not live up to your expectations and to our own standards. We are always aiming at providing a warm welcome and an efficient service and are very sorry that on this occasion we did not succeed in making your stay memorable.
We certainly hope to have another chance.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Montreal, over Christmas, with my fiance for 5 nights. The hotel and its staff treated us wonderfully. We had a large king room on the 23rd floor with an amazing city view. When we checked into the room we found that it only had one bathrobe, one quick call to the front desk brought a second bathrobe within 20 minutes. The staff of the hotel was great, Jamil (a concierge at the hotel) was particularly helpful. He told us about all the hot-spots in Montreal and directed us to some great restaurants (even making reservations for us on Christmas Eve!). The location of the hotel is also fantastic. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Notre Dame, a 10 minute walk from great restaurants on Mcgill and St. Paul, and a 15 minute walk from Old Port. The only downside at the hotel is that there is no minibar in your room and that the internet is expensive. Overall the Intercontinental helped make this a wonderful Christmas trip for me and my fiance.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room on a high floor with a City View.
2  Thank Dmitry177
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great location a few minutes walk from the old port and all the restaurants on St Paul & Mcgill. The hotel is generally clean with nice decor. Taxi rank immediately outside the hotel so only 15-20 mins to the airport (at a flat rate of $40). Concierge very helpful and recommended some great restaurants locally on the first night when we were tired after our flight.

However, there were quite a few issues with house keeping during our 4 night stay, which you would not expect of rooms costing >$200/night. There were no bath robes on arrival in the room and when they were not there on our return to the hotel on the second evening we called to have them sent up. On one day housekeeping forgot to replace the complimentary teas and coffees and on our third day they hadn't cleaned the room by our return at 2.30pm. We went to the bar for an hour hour to let them do this, but when we came back to the room it still hadn't been cleaned. We rang reception who weren't overly apologetic and eventually around 4pm someone came to clean the room around us! No mini bar menu, out of date information booklet referencing an Irish hotel bar which according to staff closed around 2 years ago.

We would recommend the hotel but the housekeeping needs to be much more thorough for this level of hotel. When simple mistakes are made eg. not cleaning a room, I would expect a far better customer service response to make amends eg. a drink at the bar, complimentary priority points etc. Having stayed in another Intercontinental hotel earlier in the year, on the other side of the world, I know this level of service is achievable.

Room Tip: Choose a corner view room, as we had loads of space, a good view and it is very quiet.

Dear Daniel534,

We thank you for reviewing our property following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our central location, our nice decor and the great recommendations you received from our concierge while staying with us. On the other hand, we want to sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered while staying with us. The problems you describe demonstrate that our standards have not been observed while you stayed with us and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the Director of housekeeping to ensure that this situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed at the Intercontinental last night. Booked it on hotwire so I figured it would be a good deal. Check-in was a breeze, although I wish the bellmen were waiting outside, but they provided efficient service none the less.

Got to my room to find it clean, but with no ice bucket or stocked minibar. I blew it off because I didn't need those things for the night, but if the room manual says that there is an ice bucket and a stocked minibar, there better be an ice bucket and stocked minibar.

I especially loved the iPod dock in the room; crisp sound and an excellent alarm system. The sleep was amazing, however I think the boxspring or something was broken because the bed was higher on the outside. I checked out very early in the morning and forgot to mention it.

The location is great, food is a little overpriced, so eat out!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Charlotte P,

We thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an amazing night of sleep and that you enjoyed the clock-radio and iPodTM dock. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the mini-bar, we are in the process of changing this offer and the mini-bars are now filled upon request, for a fixed charge. The transition is still recent and on going and we apologize if you were not informed upon your arrival.
Finally, we are pleased to know that you found the service to be efficient and the location to be great.

We certainly look forward to your next visit.