We had a group of 5 guys in two rooms.
Check in was quick. Was confused why our rooms were not joined as was confirmed when I booked (technically at that time they did not guarantee it, I had to call back closer to the date to confirm availability. Was told it was done over the phone. However when I arrived, the clerk explained that 2 rooms with double beds don’t join together in the hotel. We were given rooms side by side, just no internal door. The cleaning/room service staff was proficient with requests.
- Wi-Fi not included seeing as though a lot of hotels in Montreal have complimentary Wi-Fi.
- When I initially booked the hotel, it took several days for website and hotel to confirm my booking. Even with website confirmation codes, they were unable to pull it up. Advised it may take 24 hours but was like pulling teeth (several transfers etc.) to get the confirmation.
- SPIDERS. The challenge was the day of our check out when I see one on our chair (never was used). I pull the chair back and see under the desk towards the back was a little nest of spider in the back corner. Was extremely disappointed, we simply walked out of the hotel without seeing or saying anything to anyone.
I normally never write reviews, but this was something I felt needed to be known. Sad to see this is the standard for a '4.5 star hotel'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bienvenue to the InterContinental Montréal! The hotel is ideally located at the gateway of Old Montreal and the downtown core, twenty minutes from Pierre Elliott Trudeau’s International Airport. Elegantly overlooking the international business area, connected to the Montréal Convention Centre and the underground city, the InterContinental Montréal is perfectly positioned for your next business trip. Minutes away from the Notre-Dame Basilica, the Pointe-à-Callière Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History and the Quartier des spectacles, the hotel also offers a great location for cultural getaways. Begin your day with a succulent buffet breakfast at our Osco! restaurant or exercise in our salted water pool. Upon your return in the evening, enjoy Provencal tapas and an absinthe cocktail at the Sarah B. bar, and benefit from stunning views of the city from your luxurious and spacious guestroom. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, you'll experience an authentic Montreal je ne sais quoi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel Montreal