“Good location”

InterContinental Montreal
Ranked #38 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very nice hotel, good employees, good location. Close to the old town if you want to explore that area. It's very convenient. Also close to the St.Catherine street shopping area. Nice vantage point rooms for a good view.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear guest,

We thank you for your warm comments about our property. We are glad to hear that you made the most of our great location and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,034)

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for years now. It use to have great service and friendly staff. Took my spouse for birthday celebration. Booked and paid for room 11 months in advance. Well they lost the information that I have prepaid, but they still have us on their list of reservations. Had to pay for room a second time, which I did, and they still overcharge me $360 at check out. Hotel is getting run down. There was no one around to greet us or help with luggage. $2800 for 4 nights. This is our last visit to Intercontinental Montreal.

• Stayed: October 2012
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear guest,

We thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience in our hotel. I would like to look into this situation personally, as this seems very unusual. I would appreciate if you could contact me to provide your complete name and confirmation number. With this information, I will be able to look at the details of your reservation and payment to help you.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The InterContinental is a modern, purportedly up to date sophisticated business hotel. One would think they could get wake up calls right. Mais non! When I used the "Wake-up Call" button on the phone on my arrival Wednesday night, I got the message center. So I called the desk and spoke to a live person who took down my request. I actually got up a few minutes before the appointed hour, and was surprised when a few minutes past 7:00 (the call time) I got a knock on the door and opened to to be greeted by a man saying; "This is your 7:00 wake-up call". Okay - so when wanted to make sure for the next day, I told the front desk this,and the clerk wrote down the call time for the next day. I fell asleep late and woke up an hour past the call time with no call or knock on the dorr. I was a little annoyed since I was late for the start of a meeting at the conference I was attending. I again discussed this with the desk, suggesting that the phone, (which was still giving me the message center when I pushed "Wake-up Call"), was out of order and they should perhaps switch it for a phone that worked. I was assured everything would be taken care of. The following morning I was awakened by a knock at the door and then it opened; two men came in and I was again told this was my wake-up call! The phone of course still gave me the message center, so it had not been replaced with a workin unit.
There was a fancy high tech clock-radio in the room which appeared to have an alarm system, but there were no instructions, the system to set the alarm was certainly not intuitive, and none of the buttons worked to accomplish a wake up function. And the TV kept coming up with menus in French making it difficult to find normal shows.
Aside from that the room, on the 21st floor with a nice view of a park benearth and Mont Royal off to the North, was quite pleasant and comfortable. At least the thermostat worked. The bathroom had a marble shower and a separate tub. Drawer space was limited, and if I had been staying with my wife for more than a few days, it would haved presented a problem; but this hotel is designed for business travellers. I did not eat at the restaurant, but the dinner and two breakfasts provided to conference attendees were very good; much better that most hotel conference meals. It appears that everyone knows what to do with food in Montreal.
The other "mechanical" issue was with the elevator pass and room key system. The same plastic card works the elevator and as a room key (a common system these days). However, instead of sliding it down a slit, or inserting it in a slot, you hold it up against a little black box in the elevator and at your door. However, no one was told about this, and many people, besisdes mysel, were fumbling around, especially on their first elevator entrance. And this of course occurs while they are manipulating luggage. looking for the floor numbers etc. Management should put a lttile black box on the large pillar in the middle of the front desk and have the clerks checking people in demonstrate how the card is designed to work
As noted by many, this is a very conveniently located hotel; and we had enough free time to walk around the attractive downtown Montreal area, visiting museams, basilicas and great dining venues. Just bring your own alarm clock!!

Room Tip: Hold your room/elevator pass card, blue side forward, against the little black boxes and wait until...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your valuable insight with our team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. Our procedure for the wake-up calls is to phone the client at the desired time and to go knock on the door if the client cannot be reached by phone. As for the television, I confirm that the menu is presented in French, but an English version can also be selected. I would also like to thank you for your suggestion regarding the alarm clock and the elevator. We are always looking for new ideas to make our guests feel more comfortable. Finally, we were delighted to hear your positive comments regarding the stunning views available from our guestrooms, our spacious 4-fixture bathrooms, the delicious food offered in our meeting rooms and the convenient location of our hotel.

We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

although the hotel is in a good location, we had horrible service. The front desk staff and manager are very unprofessional. We complained to the management and did not even get a response. If you expect good customer service, this hotel should be the last one on your list when visiting Montreal.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Isabel S

Dear Isabel S.,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us this summer. The situation you described was unacceptable and certainly not in keeping with the usual high standards of service excellence which we try to constantly maintain.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Intercontinental Montreal. In fact I will never forget it, because we got engaged that weekend! Although we never mentioned this fact to the staff (we're not the showy type of couple) we were still given five star service by everyone there. The place is recently remodelled and absolutely beautiful. It is also attached inside to a shoppign complex and a link to the St. James hotel across the street.

Location is perfect - right on the edge of Old Montreal, easy walking distance to just about anywhere.

Only hitch is - they charged an inordinate amount for internet service :-)
Thank you for an unforgettable weekend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kjm31
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear guest,

What a great pleasure it is for us to be part of such an unforgettable event. We are thrilled to hear that you received five-star service from everyone, and we certainly hope to see you again on your first anniversary! Our team wishes you peaceful and wonderful times ahead in life.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed for business over Labor Day of this year and had a really wonderful experience. I am a platinum ambassador level member of Intercontintal and was given a generous upgrade to one of their tower suites with club access. The room was great and had awesome views. The manager on duty and his staff were all very friendly. The food in the club room was delicious.

I left my bag at the airport and the concierge offered to personally drive me to the airport to get it although a friend in the area eneded up taking me. However, even the offer shows what amazing service.

The hotel is located in the perfect location for walking all around old port area. Great restaurants and bars. This hotel is a great value and in a great location!

Room Tip: Suites are worth the money! The pillows are amazing. Become a Gold Ambassador, worth the money for t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jmsanders84
BernardChenevert, General Manager at InterContinental Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear jmsanders84,

What a pleasure it is to read about your recent experience in our property. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated your upgrade in a spacious Tourelle Suite, with a circular living room offering amazing 180 degrees views of the city. Moreover, we are thrilled to hear that your enjoyed our great location, close to a myriad of entertainment and restaurant options. Finally, we thank you for pointing out the personalized service your received from our duty manager, staff members and concierge team.

We look forward to seeing you again shortly.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We came here because our cruise line put us here. It is a nice hotel as are all InterContinental hotels. Our room was small but with all expected amenities. Our room could be part of a suite, I guess, and the connecting door let in TV noises early in the morning and then noises of an argument a while later. Not sure if something could be done about that distraction. I noticed the prominently displayed $7 dollar bottle of water and it irritated but did not supprise me. Paying $15 for wifi bothered me though I have paid more elsewhere. I guess even fancy hotels need to develop additional profit centers. Public areas are attractive and restaurant/bar look nice. Patronized Osco. More on that elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamesccasterline

Dear jamesccasterline,

We thank you for sharing your valuable insight with our team. We are sorry to hear that the tranquility of your stay was disrupted by the room next to yours. Moreover, we want you to know that your comments regarding the wireless Internet connection and the bottle of water will certainly be seriously considered for future improvements. On the other hand, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, the amenities offered, as well as our public areas, bar and restaurant.

We look forward to having you back.