“Not bad”
Review of Strom Spa Nordique

Strom Spa Nordique
Ranked #6 of 83 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy a unique relaxation experience surrounded by all the wonders of nature…five minutes from downtown Montreal. Located on the shores of a lake, Strøm Nordic Spa offers you an exceptionally beautiful natural setting.Enjoy thermal experience in nature, massages, treatments and bistro.Our facilities include outdoor whirlpools, thermal and Nordic baths, Finnish saunas, eucalyptus steam bath, thermal and Nordic waterfalls, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas with fireplaces.Open everyday from 9am to 10pm.
“Not bad”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went there with my gf, just for the bath,place was nice, staff very nice,i didnt eat there because it was very expensive, i didnt like the fact that people take each other robe, eceryone talks very loid.. Shh policy dont work in winter at -30 i guess, sence the personal would be freezing outside, if you are looking for a place to relax and quiet thats not the place, if you want to relax and have fun, talk and take pictures lol well thats the place

Visited January 2014
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear bestreviewss,
Your opinion is important to us. We are sorry that your visit was not as relaxing as you hoped for. Silence is a priority at Strom in order for our customers to be able to enjoy their experience. On site we have different signs where we request silence from our customers and at the reception we ask all of our clients to be quiet while they are enjoying their spa experience. Also, we always have our staff doing rounds to supervise the ambiance on the site. Thank you for your feedback and we will rectify the situation. We hope that we will see you again soon and that you will enjoy a better experience.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything is great but the reception needs some improvement..”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Strom 2 times over the past 3 months. Our first visit was very pleasant, we had the package of the month which included access to bath, 60 min massage and a small snack at the bistro.
The massage was excellent and the food from the bistro was great!
The place is well located (easily access if you have a car) and the facilities are nice.
Also, the fact that we can exchange our wet towels for new ones is a big BONUS.

But at our second visit we found the customer service at the reception could be improved. We rented 2 bathrobes for 10$ each (since it was -10C outside) and my boyfriend had his bathrobe "stolen" THREE times over 3 hours. We went to the reception to tell them about our frustration (not fun to walk outside in bikini when its freezing cold despite paying for the bathrobes) and they told us "It happens all the time, there's nothing much we can do, we will give you a new one for this time but keep an eye on your bathrobe". We paid 110$ (2 access to bath + 2 bathrobes) for a relax evening NOT to look after our bathrobes.
When it's -10 outside people either rent a bathrobe or just grab someone else's without paying for it. Maybe you guys can simply include the bathrobe renting in the price for the bath (especially during the winter) and also improve the service at the reception.

1 Thank liyu0116
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear liyu0116,
We thank you for your review. We are also glad to read that our monthly package pleased you as well as our facilities. Concerning the bathrobes, we do have a rental service, but you have the opportunity to bring one from your own. Since all our bathrobes has the same look, it can happen that people mistaken their robe. We assure you that we are working on that issue and that we will fix the situation for your future visits. As our main goal is to always improve our customers' experience, we really appreciate your feedback.
Strom spa team
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 day Nordic spa experience at Strom”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited during the very busy holiday season. It was our first time there, and from the get go the reception staff were very welcoming and friendly. The only thing we thought could've been improved with our welcome was a more thorough introduction to all the amenities. We had to figure certain things out for ourselves, and at night it was a little more difficult to navigate the grounds.

We both found the amenities to be quite enjoyable. The Thermal and Nordic baths were great, especially with the waterfall feature. We found that the baths could've used a few more lights to add to the ambiance and set the mood. We also loved the Finnish sauna and the steam room. We actually found the "shhhh police" quite funny, but I guess it's needed to keep the zen atmosphere intact.

Both of us received the Signature Strom massage, which was very enjoyable (And we've had quite a few, as my partner was a Spa director in Boston) We had amazing therapists as well, Yan Dubord and Jean-Félix Perron, definitely recommend them!!!

On the down side, my partner had experienced a few technical difficulties with the music system in both massage sessions, which unfortunately opened up his ears to ambient noises such as laughter coming from another room and a car alarm going off outside. He also booked for the Signature Strom massage, in which a hot shell is used during the massage plus a pleasant face massage using facial moisturizer from Eminence products. On the second session the therapist informed him that for some reason they were out of shells and facial moisturizer even though this specific treatment was booked in advance. Needless to say he would've had an even better experience if these hiccups didn't occur. Thankfully though, his therapist Jean-Félix compensated him by extending his massage a bit longer.

After finishing our second day, we communicated all our experiences (negative & positive) to the Spa manager, Maude. She was very accommodating and pleasant, expressing sincere empathy with our issues. She exceeded our expectations in how she resolved our issues, and due to that we will surely be returning for future visits, and definitely recommending Strom Spa to all our friends, family & clients.

1 Thank Bryanvictoria
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Bryanvictoria,
Thank you so much for your constructive comments. We continue to improve our facilities and overall ambiance so you can enjoy the best experience possible. We are sorry that your partner didn’t receive what you were expecting regarding your Strom massage. However we can assure you that it won’t happen again.
We hope to see you again soon.
Strom spa Team
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“original review was erased”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My original detailed review was erased so I decided to improvise another mini (micro) review.

STROM Spa was a horrible dissapointment. It was not a spa but a nightclub. The so-called "loundge" music was either loud boring commercial post-disco, which then transformed to the modern raggah-hip-hop stuff so commonly associated with the post-90s Y2K club crowd.

The STROM spa is also not designed for anyone above the age of 22. The "rules" of no cell phones and stay quiet are just there as decorations, as the "kids" (22 and under) are loud, dance in the warm pools, and constantly texting and taking pictures with the phones.

Essentially and without going into detail (as my original review did), STROM was a terrible experience, as I exited the premisses more stressed out than when I came in. The only saving grace was a young lady who did not work the bistro but who helped us out above and beyond the call of duty. Much kudos and congradulations to her. But unfortunately, due to false advertisement (i.e. this is not a SPA but a night club), STROM is highly NOT recommended if you wish to actually relax.

In one word: avoid.

3 Thank El B
Dear Eib,

Thank you for your feedback. Regarding the fact that your previous post was deleted, we can assure you that it was not us who deleted your message. Sorry for the inconvenience. Also you were probably present on one of our nights called “Cozy Thursdays” and that is why you thought the Spa was a club. This night is a special event (it happens once a month), where we have lounge music outside and inside our facilities. Normally there is no music at all outdoors. We are sorry if you didn’t enjoy this special event. None the less, we hope to see you again on a regular night, so you can fully enjoy the experience that Strom Spa has to offer.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Horrible experience, NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN ! NEVER !”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I decided to go with a friend one night to the Strom Spa, it really was a last minute thing but after reading all the wonderful reviews about this place, there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to give this place a try.

Overall, I have to say that this is a beautiful spa, Its very clean, very well maintained although it is really far to get to, the place sells itself on its looks. My friend and I purchased the snowflake package which for 249$ Incuded 2 Massages, Thermal experience, and 2 Glasses of sparking wine. The wine to be honest with you tasted terrible but the staff at the little bistro were very helpful and attentive. Although I do think that for a small bistro the prices are way too high ( to be expected at a spa I guess ). The steam room was not very warm to be honest with you, the warm pool however was a great experience ! Also I really enjoyed the sauna...

What brings me to write this review is to express my honest dissapointment in the massage service that I had received. Upon arrival I was reffered to take this massage therapist (Suzanne) and was told that she was one of Strom Spa's Best Masseuse. I was also told to take the Strom Signature massage that it was the best one offered...

Let me tell you... If that was what they considered to be the best then believe me, I could have sat on a vibrating chair and felt more relaxed ! FIRST of all, they advised me and my friend that our massage was going to take place in one of their Gazebos. We were told that we didnt need any shoes or flipflops that everything was in very close proximity, that was a complete LIE. We had to walk over freezing cold snow barefoot because our massage was on the other end of the spa, even when I had told the front desk we didnt have shoes for the spa.

Our massage was scheduled for 8:30-9:30 ( I understand now that this was the last massage session offered ) We arrived at the main Gazebo at around 8:25 and greeted by our 2 Massage therapists. They asked us to fill out some paper work and then before you know it, its 8:30, times ticking away and they have us sit down for about 10-15 mins for an ''Interview'' asking us pointless questions about work and diet. I felt right there that we were the last appointment and honestly they just wanted to finish their night.

Once we arrive in our gazebo to start the massage ( 15 Mins after it was supposed to actually start ) they asked us to get into the bed and to lie down, It was freezing cold outside ( atleast -15 -20 Degrees ) and youre lying on a heated massage table with a heater above you. For some reason or another, SUZANNE, my massage therapist decided that it was too hot and closed the heat over me, Now I have to tell you that these Gazebos are made for the summer, to have an outdoor massage, What the spa does is put Metal plates where it would normally be an open gap for the summer, so you can imagine it was freezing. So just a very thin sheet and blanket and a heated matress pad, thats where I started to think this was going to be a terrible experience...

But I was wrong ! to my surprise ... This wasnt even a massage!! What this spa calls a STROM SIGNATURE their best massage...was the worst I ever had. She didnt even massage me, The massage therapist for the little time she spent on me, Basically Stretched my body and put some pressure on my back and arms, there was absolutely no massage given. Let me say this, I am someone who goes MONTHLY for massages and Ive never had an experience such as this one.

To make matters worse, during the massage the therapist kept talking to me right in my face, This is not to be mean but she had the honest worst breath I have ever had to endure straight in my face. Usually during a massage the therapist doesnt talk much and just asks you to turn around, Apparently not in my case. Before I knew it the clock said 9:28 and the massage was over and she was gone. So MY 60 Minute '' Massage'' turned out to be a Freezing cold, 43 Minute stretching session. I was FURIOUS !

My point of view on this is... You work with the public to provide a service which people are paying for, if you dont want to do it... dont make your clients feel like they are a bother or dont belong. I never intend to return to this spa EVER again, It was honestly the worst experience of my life and I truly do hope that management does take action on this and speak to your staff...

I came here because I read such wonderful reviews about your Spa, and like you know.. You can put millions of Ads and promotions up but the best advertisement is word of mouth.

8 Thank akaitaly
Dear Akaitaly,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience at Strom Spa. Concerning the Signature Strom massage it is important to know that this massage combines traditional and therapeutic elements. The therapeutic side is more precise and works on certain points where the massage therapist applies more pressure. Regarding the outdoor location, we try our best to satisfy all our customers. The next time you book a massage with us; please specify if you would like to have your massage inside or outside. The gazebos outside are adjustable and are heated for customers to have their massages. Also, please feel free to tell your massage therapist exactly what you want and/or are expecting of your massage. We hope to see you again.