“Good Spa, very close...”

Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs
Ranked #6 of 86 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy a unique relaxation experience surrounded by all the wonders of nature…five minutes from downtown Montreal. Located on the shores of a lake, Strøm Nordic Spa offers you an exceptionally beautiful natural setting.Enjoy thermal experience in nature, massages, treatments and bistro.Our facilities include outdoor whirlpools, thermal and Nordic baths, Finnish saunas, eucalyptus steam bath, thermal and Nordic waterfalls, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas with fireplaces.Open everyday from 9am to 10pm.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good Spa, very close...”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Was in this SPA in March the atmosphere is very good clean, quite I would say even to quiet :-)
I think they are more disturbing telling people to be quiet then people speak softly. Nature around is very nice in spring when everything will be green will be even better. There is small bistro inside
food is prepared good and prices reasonable. Will come back for sure. It's 15 min from my place.

Visited March 2013
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Roman S,
Thank you for your great review! I am glad that you appreciated your experience at the spa. About the silence rule, we do our best to exceed everybody’s expectations, the ones who are looking for a profound relaxation in total tranquility and those who want to speak very softly. I will advise the operations to be careful in the way they manage the silence rule.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Saint-Lambert, Quebec, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very nice spa”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'm a fan of nordic spas and know most of the big ones in the province. This one is not the best I know, but is surely one of the best in the Montreal area. No spa experience is perfect and many factors will come in to play. The number of people on the site being the main one for me, so take good care of not going on special occasions (eg Valentine's Day). Even when crowded, there's lots of space outside and inside for relaxation; pools can be overcrowded though.
I'd give them an extra half-star for being the only place I've seen staff tell people or groups (you know, the 3 girls on a 'let's-go-chat-in-a-spa night!!') to shut their mouth.
The food at the bistro is fresh, simple but good. Don't bring your big, long winter coat as the lockers are really small.

Visited March 2013
Dear MarcAndre St-G,
Thank you for your great review! I am glad that you appreciated your experience at the spa. We currently work on a solution to enlarge our facilities such as the locker rooms. Our main priority is to exceed customers’ expectations and we take all comments very seriously.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Terrible mistake to go there”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff was rude. First, someone stole me my phone that was in my robebath. I know it wasnt a good idea but in anycase, after my visit I went to pay my visit and to my surprise I was charge for food when I did not ate there. I had told them there must be a mistake because I stayed in total 2 hours over there and never were in the little restaurant. I told them at one point to bring me downstairs ans meet the server and see if he would recognize me. They told me it was not possible. A responsable made a call to verify god knows what and it has ended in a argument coz there was no way I could leave the place before paying 53$ of restaurant witch I DID NOT have! Im still furious thinking about it and definitly wont be back again. And for the phone I never eard from it again! That was horrible experience. I allready went to a nordic spa in st-hilaire and its so MUCH MORE worth it!

3 Thank lalonde123
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Lalonde123,
We would like to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate situation that you experienced. We are sorry you lost your cellphone, however, cellphones are forbidden on the site for the tranquility and it can happen on occasion, that a customer makes a mistake and takes the wrong bathrobe. This is why we recommend leaving nothing of value in your pockets. I am very surprised with your comment about our staff. We normally receive great comments about our customer service and the kindness of our employees. It is our priority to exceed customers’ expectation and I am deeply sorry it was not the case with your experience. Concerning the bistro, I invite you to write to me at elefebvre@stromspa.com. I will be able to double-check what happen between the bistro and the desk. Once again we sincerely regret the situation and we look forward welcoming you again in the future.
Kind regards,
The Strom spa team
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice spa, but silence is required”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I really enjoyed the spa, and the different thermal experiences.
The only thing I found irritating at times is that they don't allow people to talk or whisper in the whirlpools and baths, even if there's no one else near you to disturb.
I understand that you it would be really annoying to have people shouting or talking all the time when you just want peace, but if you're with someone and you can't even talk a little...
Anyway, generraly good spa, the massotherapist Jonathan Taylor gives a really good massage.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Olivier M
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Olivier M,
Thank you for your great review! I am glad that you appreciated our outdoor thermal experience and your massage by Jonathan, one of our massage therapists. Concerning the "rule of silence" we do ask our customers to respect it to make sure the relaxation is optimal. However, we have two kinds of events that allow people to talk. In those events, we even have a DJ and people can chat over a drink! I invite you to visit our Website for more details on our "Cozy Thursdays" and "Nights under the stars".
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Too small & not really in nature...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

First, the place is really really small and they let enter many people... the bath were crowded, the lockers too (and they are really small), the little bistro too...!! It was not relaxing at all!
Second, it is not really a "in nature spa" as they tell in their ads, you cannot take even a little dip in the lake (one of the staff members told me it was contaminated) like real "in nature" spas.
I really thought this would be a great experience because of all the ads and the good ratings, but I just didn't like it at all.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Swiffvy
Dear Swiffvy,
Thank you for your review. First we are pleased that you took the time to relate your experience. This way, we can keep improving ourselves. Our main priority is to exceed customers’ expectations and we take all comments very seriously. I am very surprised with your comment about the crowdedness of the site, because we respect our maximum capacity to provide a great and intimate experience. To meet demand and avoid waiting line, we currently work on a solution to enlarge our facilities such as the locker rooms.
The water of the lake is not contaminated, it is stagnant and unfortunately you cannot swim in it yet. The City of Montreal has plans to circulate the water and it may make it swimmable, but no deadline has yet been set up. This lake is one of the most sought after natural sites in Montreal by ornithologists. It is even known for its biological diversity by Unesco.
We hope you will give Strom spa a second thought and look forward to welcome you again in the near future.