“Too small & not really in nature...”

Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs
Ranked #8 of 94 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy a unique relaxation experience surrounded by all the wonders of nature…five minutes from downtown Montreal. Located on the shores of a lake, Strøm Nordic Spa offers you an exceptionally beautiful natural setting.Enjoy thermal experience in nature, massages, treatments and bistro.Our facilities include outdoor whirlpools, thermal and Nordic baths, Finnish saunas, eucalyptus steam bath, thermal and Nordic waterfalls, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas with fireplaces.Open everyday from 9am to 10pm.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

First, the place is really really small and they let enter many people... the bath were crowded, the lockers too (and they are really small), the little bistro too...!! It was not relaxing at all!
Second, it is not really a "in nature spa" as they tell in their ads, you cannot take even a little dip in the lake (one of the staff members told me it was contaminated) like real "in nature" spas.
I really thought this would be a great experience because of all the ads and the good ratings, but I just didn't like it at all.

4  Thank Swiffvy
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Swiffvy,
Thank you for your review. First we are pleased that you took the time to relate your experience. This way, we can keep improving ourselves. Our main priority is to exceed customers’ expectations and we take all comments very seriously. I am very surprised with your comment about the crowdedness of the site, because we respect our maximum capacity to provide a great and intimate experience. To meet demand and avoid waiting line, we currently work on a solution to enlarge our facilities such as the locker rooms.
The water of the lake is not contaminated, it is stagnant and unfortunately you cannot swim in it yet. The City of Montreal has plans to circulate the water and it may make it swimmable, but no deadline has yet been set up. This lake is one of the most sought after natural sites in Montreal by ornithologists. It is even known for its biological diversity by Unesco.
We hope you will give Strom spa a second thought and look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

All reviews
"therapist"
in 11 reviews
"nuns"

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went to storm spa awhile back. This review is overdue. My co-workers and I had planned a Saturday morning relation session at Strom. Overall, I love the atmosphere, the natural environment and the Thermal experience. Customer service is also outstanding. However, I was very dissatisfied with my facial. Surprisingly, it was a product orientated facial meaning the only concept of the facial was application of various products. That was pretty much it there was no extraction offered. I will return for a massage and the Thermal experience but NEVER for a facial.

1  Thank k_ruben

Dear k_ruben,
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you appreciated your experience at the spa for the customer service, the atmosphere, the nature and the thermal experience. Thank you as well for your critic about the facial, this way, we can keep improving ourselves. Our main priority is to exceed customers’ expectations and we take all comments very seriously. We will take into consideration to maybe provide facials with extractions in the future. I hope you still appreciate the result of the Eminence products on your skin since it is a line of natural products.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We drove out - (go early if its sunny and nice) and had a wonderful time. Its like the only clean quiet place out of downtown that you can relax and soak up some sun. Didnt get a massage but im assuming thats the correct way to use that place

Rosalie1234, Responsable relations publiques at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Steven M,
Thank you for your great review! I am glad that you appreciated your experience at Strom spa.
We look foward to welcome you again in a near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I must say that I have been to Strom Spa a few times for massages, as I live really close to the spa. I would say that 80% of the time I was satisfied with the service. However, I did have one bad experience the last time I went there. I will explain why. Me and my husband decided to go for couples massages, and then enjoy the thermal experience. First we went for the massages. The first 30 minutes, everything went great. After that, one of the massage therapist ran out of the room, and we could hear her being sick in the bathroom next door. At that point, the other massage therapist left the room to see what was going on. They both came back, but at that point we didnt really feel like going through the rest of the massage. My husband told her massage therapist ( the one that got sick) that she didnt have to continue if she did not feel well. She insisted to. We werent upset at all at what happened, but I think we would have prefered to leave at that point. It was kind of uncomfortable.

Then we went to enjoy the thermal experience, which was great. The grounds are really nice, and we had a great time. It was really relaxing and all the amenities were clean well maintained.

At the end, when I went to the locker room to change, I could not open my locker. We had to leave quickly as we were expecting a delivery at our house. I went to the reception desk to ask someone to come help me. Someone came with another key, but was not able to open my locker. Then 2 men came to help us, they could not open the locker. At this point my husband had to leave ( as we were waiting for a delivery) I waited there, and everyone was really nice. I must say the staff is really nice and helpful ( they ended up being able to open my locker after about half an hour by breaking it with a metal bar) These things happen, but it kind of ruins the night when you are trying to relax.

The only thing that upset me is they gave us 15 % off our massage rate as a discount for the inconvenience. I do not like to complain but I felt like the experience we had was not worth even 50 % of the rate.

The spa is really nice, and I usually have nothing bad to say against it. I just think that the situation should have been handled differently by the management.

2  Thank Frederica84
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Frederica 84,
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your overall experience was good. We are sorry about the massage and that your massage therapist was sick. As for the locker, we try our best to answer to all of our customers as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience and your understanding of the situation.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I planned a family mystery trip for my birthday. The spa is lcoated on Nun's Island which is a little off the beaten path from downtown Montreal and the suburbs, but which also made it seem like we were discovering a a whole new area, and was closer than going to something similiar in the Laurentians /Eastern Townships. The Nordic Bath/Spa is located in an obscure modern square block style building next to a future golf course under construction. There could be some pretty landscaping done outside to make it more appealing. After being greeted at the reception desk, the greeter explained to us about the facilities from a window overlooking the baths and saunas outside. The locker room area is small; I can't imagine how crowded it must get when there are a lot of people there. There are six showers for the women and four for the men. Doesn't seem like a lot either. Everything was very clean, but the showers were "prefabricated" materials; I was expecting something more luxurious for the price. Since I went with my two daughters, I was surprised that we were each given a locker in a different area and not together. The hot and cold baths were great, (waterfalls included!)along with the variety of saunas and relaxations rooms. Quiet is reinforced throughout with signs everywhere and staff members to enforce. It would have been more comfortable if we were told ahead about bringing a towel outside or not because once the robe (provided) got wet after dunking in the first bath, it never dried in the cold weather. I wore it to a massage after and then sat in it at the bistro like everyone else did. This was very nice (esp. if it was drier-just easier not have changed) as you felt relaxed and would have felt funny being in actual clothes! It's also tricky with everyone hanging the same white robe outside-someone can easily take someone else's! Be sure to wear your locker bracelet on yoru wrist and don't leave it in the robe pocket! There should be a laundry bin for the wet towels and bathrobe in the locker room vs. having to carry them back all the way upstairs when you are finished. You are only given two towels, so remember that when you need to take a shower later. Most high end spas provide unlimited towels.My massage by Nathalie was excellent. I would definitely go back to her for another treatment. Bistro has a small selection of food, mostly prepared by Java U. Natural smoothies were good. Overall my family definitely enjoyed the outdoor bath experience and the massages, but all the other small details contributed to my giving it a lower rating.

3  Thank Queen0fFun
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Queen0fFun,
Thank you for your great review, especially for taking the time to write specific comments about your experience at the Strom spa. Our first concern is our customer service and it is with customers like you that we improve our procedures and services. Concerning the towels, we would like to let you know that you can exchange your wet towels for dry ones at the front desk or the bistro if you want to. We do want to exceed your expectations at every visit and we keep on investing to always improve your experiences.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
The Strom spa team