“a beautiful experience”

Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs
Ranked #6 of 87 Spas & Wellness in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy a unique relaxation experience surrounded by all the wonders of nature…five minutes from downtown Montreal. Located on the shores of a lake, Strøm Nordic Spa offers you an exceptionally beautiful natural setting.Enjoy thermal experience in nature, massages, treatments and bistro.Our facilities include outdoor whirlpools, thermal and Nordic baths, Finnish saunas, eucalyptus steam bath, thermal and Nordic waterfalls, indoor and outdoor relaxation areas with fireplaces.Open everyday from 9am to 10pm.
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I felt like I was seeing Ile des Soeurs for the first time. Sitting lakeside (did you know there was a lake there?) in a bubbling hot pool - back against a boulder - in the cool November air. I watched the sun set outdoors in my bikini with a smile on my face. Nature surrounds you and you feel miles from the city. Eucalyptus steam room, Finnish wood sauna, relaxing rooms...hot cold - loved it!
Bath experience over and onto my massage. I highly recommend an appointment with Sebastien. I suspect the team of therapists is very strong.
Overall - great experience.

Rosalie1234, Responsable relations clients at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear Stephanie T,
Thank you so much for your great review! We are working hard to build the best massage therapists' team of Montreal! You are right, we do feel hours away from the city at Strom while being 5 minutes from downtown! We look foward to see you again in a near future. Take care, the Strom Spa Team

There are newer reviews for Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Anyone going to Montreal NEEDS to go there for 2-4hrs. Granted, all the construction on Champlain bridge is making access difficult - but once there, you'll never know that you are 10-15min away (without traffic!) from downtown, on Nun's Island. The view is on a lake and you simply get to veg out in the best surroundings. Want to get hot? Hop into the sauna, the steam bath or the whirlpool. Need to cool down quick? Walk into the nordic falls, plunge in the cold pool, roll in the snow (yes, I did that in Dec 2010!). Your body and rested mind will thank you for the respite. I have been there at least 5 times in the last 1.5 yrs and the staff keeps making it better and better. So bring your bathing suit, your flip flops and rest away... Now if only the concept can be brought into Toronto...

Dear Helen C,
Wow thank you for being a great ambassador of Strom! We do want to exceed your expectations at every visit and we keep on investing to always improve your experiences. We look foward to welcoming you again many times in 2012! The Strom Spa Team

Reviewed August 3, 2011

After looking various websites on what to do in Montreal , I came across Strom Spa, and I'm so glad that I did!

We arrived at the spa at 10.30, which was 30mins before it actually opened, but we waited in the car until 11am and then went back. All the staff we very polite and they spoke English which was very helpful. We were given a robe, water bottle and a towel and directed to the changing room. Once changed we were given a tour of the facilities by a friendly young man, who explained everything thoroughly. We were then left to our day of relaxation which was just perfect.

From the different scented saunas to the hot tubs, we tried everything and managed to fit in plenty of chill out time along with a few naps. We especially enjoyed the floating lilos on the lake which were extremely peaceful. We had some gaspachio for lunch which was delicious and reasonably priced.

All in all a great day out which was good value for money and exactly what we needed mid-holiday! Thanks to all at StromSpa.

3  Thank puce79
stromspa, Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you so much for your great review! We hope you come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2011

What a perfect experience !!
Massage was great, Staff make you think your home and all that so close to MTL.
I was there yesterday and I'm going back tomorow !!!
Thanks

1  Thank melansonjustin
Rosalie1234, Public Relations Manager at Strom Spa Nordique Ile-des-Soeurs, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hello melansonjustin,
Thank you for taking the time to write us your comments, we love to hear from you. Strom Spa pays special attention to all our customers, so we were especially happy to hear that your experience was perfect and your massage allowed you to completely relax. Thank you for your visit and your comments and we hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.
Team Strom Nordic Spa

Reviewed April 29, 2011

Purchased a discounted gift certificate online - paid 40$ for 80$. I realized afterward it was only valid for thermal spa not massages. Called to obtain refund for the amount I paid for the certificate (40$) but they refused. Promotional department would not even return my phone calls. Also there are so many restriction on the gift certificate (i.e not in high season, on holiday, on friday & saturdays and it goes on & on). I have been to Strom a few times for massage and the staff is great but unfortunately this experience was terrible and will not return.

4  Thank Mtlgal2000