Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Hotel Bonaparte(Montreal)
$210
$189
2,393 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerooftop gardenoutdoor pooltrain stationunderground cityoffice buildingunique hotelstreet levelhotel is locatedbell centrebit datedcatherine streetvalet parkingold porthiltonelevatorconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the Bonaventure for one night recently for the first time in all of my travels to Montreal and I was unfortunately disappointed: The bath water pressure could have been satisfactory from the beginning - it wasn't; the bath water temperature (heat) was very sensitive and took a long time to get to the correct (hot) temp; the heating system didn't seem to be working from the beginning; and the internet connection was not flawless, unlike other experiences I've had with other hotels (Delta). Since I was there only for one night it wasn't worth my effort to report these problems when I discovered them. I expect a perfectly functioning room when I check in and this was not the case with this room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Christina P, Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your one night stay. Your detailed comment helps us make the necessary adjustments and we hope to have the opportunity to show you the improvements on your next visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

A nice hotel with easy access to all Montreal has to offer. Rooms are clean staff is great. I have stayed here before and I will again. Heated parking garage is a nice touch on the cold winter days, with unlimited in and out of the valet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for the top score review and especially for your ongoing loyalty! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

In the category of this hotel I found it disappointing. We stayed as a family though, and I was the least impressed of all. I think what I had really hoped for, and just misunderstood, was a view. We payed more for a corner suite, and all photos show a beautiful double window situation. Ours only had the normal one window. For all who are searching now, make sure you know this hotel is not stories high like just about all other of its type. Its built over underground malls and such. So its only several stories above for views. Not sure exactly how many. Don't quote me. But its great for a shopping trip. The pool is very nice, but again not with a view of Montreal. Beds are extremely comfortable. Bathroom very average. All very clean. Very nice staff. Lots of stairs to go between parking, rooms, etc... If you have problems with stairs ask ahead if you can be accommodated here. And of course it has a very nice location for downtown.
All in all I would go for somewhere else. But I put lots of emphasis on the view. As is customary in downtown hotels, you pay for parking and well as everything else. Coffee is either in your room or $2.00 a cup in the restaurant. I think that just goes with this category of hotel though.
I think my 3 stars would have been 4 for the rest of my family. To be fair.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to read that you did not enjoy our hotel! We have many kinds of rooms with a variety of views such as the city, our garden, our pool and others. I'm glad that you found our team nice and the room clean. Please do not hesitate to ask for a room with a downtown view on your next visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Bonadventure last week. The staff was friendly and courteous . As a diamond member I am entitled to use the lounge but it was closed. The buffet breakfast which is usually excellent proved to be less than satisfactory . I had dinner in the hotel which was also disappointing. I brought a co worker with me and I felt somewhat embarrassed . Since I like this property, I will give it one more try when back in Montreal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Alan H
Christina P, Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty towrds Hilton. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience in our dining room. It is highly unusual that our culinary team wasn't able to meet or exceed your expectations. We are certaintly going to look into this with our Executive Chef and find ways to improve. Please do not hesitate to communicate with a Guest Service Manager at any time to plan your next visit and we will make sure that we fully earn back your trust.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was our first visit to Montreal and it was wonderful . . . thanks in part to this hotel and its wonderful staff. Our room was a fair size and CLEAN. We enjoyed the fitness centre which was very well appointed. The outdoor pool was fantastic although colder than it looked (that can be blamed on the -30 degree C weather conditions) . . . we braved it once. There was artwork displayed throughout the hotel. We went to the bar one night and had a grand evening though the drinks were a little on the expensive side. To be expected for a hotel bar I think. We looked at the prices of the restaurant and did not eat there, but I heard other patrons say it was good. Being connected to the underground "city" was a bonus during our visit. We got lost during our first night trying to return to the hotel from underground, but we learned to navigate very quickly.

We took a short trip to Ottawa (the Habs were out of town our entire visit :( ) and the hotel staff was kind enough to hold our bags for the night while we were gone. We were very happy to not have to drag all of our luggage around.

Why did I not give it 5 stars?

1. No heater in bathroom. I am always cold so I found this a bummer more than some others would.

2. Though most of the staff were exceptional, one stands out as having a very poor attitude. We decided to go to the New Year's Eve Gala in the ballroom since as I said it was extremely cold out during our visit so we did not want to stray too far from hotel. We had asked if there was a different rate for guests staying at the hotel and we were told that there was, but when we went to pay for them a certain employee was very unimpressed with the rate that we were given. In my mind she acted very unprofessionally. She made it clear that there were going to be repercussions to whichever staff members had told us this certain rate. She had a very poor attitude and I believe she was the only rude person we encountered on our entire trip to Montreal.

3. At the New Year's Gala they were giving out prizes: free night stays at the hotel. The first prize my boyfriend would have won but they only made the announcement in French (which neither of us speak). Several patrons at our table told hotel staff about this, but their attitude was pretty much "shame on you for not speaking french."

That said, those are mostly minor quibbles. We really enjoyed our stay in Montreal.

p.s. To get best rate join Hilton Honours. It's free.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travel_lusting

Thank you for the detailed review! I am certain that your readers appreciate the information you provided. I am glad that you had a wonderful visit, that you liked Montreal, that you found our staff to be accomodating and the room clean. However, I am sorry that you encountered the issues you described. We will follow-up and take the necessary measures to improve. We do hope to see you again soon!