“Stunning Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ajax, Canada
“Stunning Hotel”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This Hilton is absolutely beautiful, it is in GREAT location and is walking distance to just about everything. The hotel itself is stunning, one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Heather K
Christina P, Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
'Thank you' does not describe my gratitude for such a glowing review! The entire team is thrilled that you liked our 'second home' so much. We certainly love working in this beautiful hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Very convenient location downtown. It's on an expansive three floors of a multi-use high rise so the layout is a little odd. According to the intertubes, there are 395 rooms and 7 suites on those 3 floors. But the decor is nice and lush with lots of cool art on the walls. There is a lovely roof top duck pond and gardens. The outdoor pool is heated and open year round. We didn't use it but it looked quite nice. The room was spacious and the bed comfy. Breakfast was not included but there is a Tim Hortons and a Starbucks right across the street. Parking is also additional but that is standard in most hotels in any major city. The underground parking deck seemed safe and was quite clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Not_from_here617
Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community and for recommending us to everyone! I'm happy that you liked our location, our art, the lovely duck pond and gardens. Come back anytime!
Troy, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Very nice. Rooms were clean and quiet, comfortable bed. Beautiful garden and pool area. Good internet access. Shops in building, access to parking garage and subway in building, nice outdoor smoking area.

Room Tip: I've only stayed once, had a room overlooking the garden area. Can not comment further on choosi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your top notch review! I appreciate your positive feedback and I hope to see you again soon!
Burlington, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We went for a one-night getaway at the end of November from our home in Vermont and totally enjoyed the hotel. The location was great and it was fun swimming in the outdoor heated pool on such a cold day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the high score and we couldn't be happier that you had a memorable experience during your getaway as a couple! See you again soon for another romantic outing...psst! during the summer, sitting in our outdoor terracce for diner is pretty dreamy!
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Overall very good but the housekeeping staff keep on rushing and knocking on doors in the mooring to clean the room. She does not speak English and when told not to clean the room yet, after I left the room for 15 mins, she started to clean the room when I needed the room as I told her to come back later.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I am so Impressed with the Manager at this Hotel, as there is surly a New Sheriff in Town.
As a long time TripAdvisor guy, I stay objective, and just say things the way they are !

But Truth be said, if you are looking for a wonderful Location !
In a Fantastic City, with the Staff that is there to create a wonderful
stay, try this Hotel, if something is in need to assist with an Excellent stay,
ask for Christina, she is truly a person of Action, after that you may choose
to return to this Beautiful City, and this Most Wonderful Hotel again & again.
I did notice a few reviews in lacking, but now the New Sheriff is here, on top of her game,
and sure to Please

I also plan to stay myself in early summer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the glowing comments! We work hard as a team to continuously improve and innovate to earn our chance to be your first choice hotel in Montreal. We look forward to your visit this summer. Best regards!
Montreal Quebec
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed for two nights in Hilton Bonaventure, staff are very friendly, however we encountered two problems - we took concierge room service - convenience of a 5 to 7 happy hour plus breakfast. The note did say "drinks" - however it did not include wine or beer - it was an honor bar - first honor bar at a Hilton I have stayed at. I was embarrassed to be asked for money for the drink - had to put on my room tab - was really surprised - the waiter claimed the hotel doesn't have the budget to include wine and beer. I received only a sorry from management. Also, after checking in, we noticed a towel over the shower plus shampoo and soap in a private dish. We were in a hurry, went out, came back and keys didn't work - the cleaning staff opened the door for us and we saw a key on the desk - obviously not ours, we went to the front desk, and told the front desk that someone had used our shower or was this our room? The front desk apologized said the cleaning staff probably forgot the stuff - the cleaning staff returned, cleaned up the bathroom, however I then wondered, had someone been in our room while we were away? Had they slept in our bed. I notified the hotel about this a week ago with no reply on this matter. I did mention to Hilton head office about this happening - they seemed surprised as I am. Paris Hilton would have thrown a fit if this happened to her - I am very disappointed especially having just returned from Prague Hilton that was absolutely beautiful and fantastic service - also, wine and beer was open bar between 5 and 7! People don't abuse the service.

Room Tip: Rooms far from main desk are better - lobbies can be noisy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christina P, Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for noting that you found our staff very friendly. They always appreciate such nice feedback from guests. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the two issues you encountered during your stay. It is true that some brand standards do vary between the countries and the happy hour / honor bar is one of them. I am very sorry for the confusion this caused you. As for the room situation, we are investigating the lack of follow-up you mentioned and also the odd situation that occurred.

I have been informed that our Front Office Manager has been in contact with you and I am positive that she is going to offer you the level of service you appreciate from Hilton Hotels Worldwide.

Thank you for your loyalty and I look forward to your next visit!