“Terrific Outdoor Heated Pool in a Good Hotel”

Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Ranked #50 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I really like this hotel which is why I chose to stay here again this December when we returned to Montreal 5 years after our first visit. We were en route to Mont Tremblant and wanted to savour the delights of Downtown Montreal before travelling North. This Hotel has a lot going for it in summer (when we stayed last time) and winter. How cool is it to swim outdoors in a fabulously warm pool in the dark of a winter's afternoon when it is snowing and -6 and falling!! Such a novelty for us Brits. The other bonus in the winter is that there is a direct link into the "Underground City" of Montreal - a thing of wonder to us that there could be so much happening underground!

The service in the Hotel is relaxed and friendly and we stayed, once again, in Executive rooms which give access to a special lounge (although on our second morning that was closed and we did eat our generous complimentary breakfast in the main dining room in front of a roaring log fire -very lovely).

I know that Montreal is full of great Hotels that are undoubtedly more modern but I do like this place and I am not sure I could stay anywhere else if I came back to Montreal again in another 5 years.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive rooms with a dedicated complimentary breakfast lounge.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
LouisRobertHandfield, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your kind comments will be shared with the team.

Should you be planning a future trip to Montreal, do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can attend to your requirements personally.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Bonaventure Montreal

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Excellent location for walking unground. Fresh and compelete breakfast!.

Staff was helpful and friendly.

Garden view is unique and novel in the winter with the snow.

great rates if you book and pay in advance. Booking online is easy.

Wireless Internet is VERY slow.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team.
It is not without concerns that we red about the wireless internet speed, as we recently increased our overall hotel bandwidth by threefold. We will immediately conduct more testing to identify the cause so we can promptly rectify the issue.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed there over New Years and will definitely be back again over the summer. The heated roof top pool was fantastic for a mid-winters swim. The room was always beyond "hotel clean"; it was clean like you would keep your own home. The bed was so comfortable with top of the line sheets and duvet with equally comfortable pillows. All the bedding was crisp and clean. We really enjoyed the artwork and adorned the halls as well as the beautiful flower arrangements. The "landscaping" was so beautiful we almost forgot we were in the middle of a major city and not at a resort. We enjoyed the food and the convenience of the restaurants and bar since it was mid winter and did always want to go outside. We only wish the bar was open later, that that is actually good as it keeps the noise down and promoted a peaceful and relaxing stay. The hotel is connected to the underground city which has the best shopping, food and access to public transit. The hotel staff was always prompt and curious. The only "warning" I would give is that if you drive a huge SUV, know that your vehicle will probably not make it into the garage because of the low ceiling as you enter. We were not driving an SUV, but noticed the sign warning about the vehicle height limitation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
LouisRobertHandfield, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your kind comments will be shared with the team. We took good note of your observations regarding the closing hours of the lounge.
Please note that for any oversized vehicles, we provide them with outdoor parking on the hotel plaza.

When planning your upcoming summer trip to Montreal, do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can attend to your requirements personally.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is an older property but well maintained. The rooms are very comfortable with the usual Hilton amenities. The executive lounge in nicely laid out and serve a solid breakfast. The pool area is also very pleasant, being heated in the colder months. The building the hotel sets on top of Bonaventure Place and is connected to the underground shopping area.
This is my go to downtown Montreal hotel.

Room Tip: The garden view rooms are lovely during the warmer months.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

When planning your trip to Montreal, do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can attend to your requirements personally.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure for the first time for New Years eve through New Years Day. My experience was fabulous. Bruno at the front Desk was fantastic and a pleasure to speak to. Check-in was smooth. The hotel was greatly accommodating especially with my late check-in. They extended my check-out as well. C'était fantastic!
The pool is magnificent as wel. Heated Pool during Winter!! What more could one ask for.
I will be returning again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms can seem a bit spread out and difficult to navigate
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
LouisRobertHandfield, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We took good note of your comment regarding the consistency of service at the concierge desk and will be reviewing our coverage with our Chef Concierge.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the great qualities of this Hilton. My husband is a Hilton Honors member so we primarily stay in Hiltons. From our recollection, this is one of our favorites so far. This hotel occupies the top-2 floors of The Bonaventure Convention Center. We stayed in room 2230 and found it to have a lovely view of a pine tree, a running stream, and it was extremely quiet despite the hotel being completely sold out (perhaps it was built with concrete?). The room was very clean, well appointed, and had a mini-fridge and safe in it. The breakfast was very nice with a wide variety of foods. Our first night's dinner at the Bonaventure Bar was also very good (risotto and salmon dishes).We did not get a chance to use the heated, outdoor pool but it looked spectacular in the mid-winter snow.

We do not know Montreal well but found the location to be quite convenient for our purposes. We used the indoor passages to get closer to the Old City and Center Bell, purchased a few gifts at the indoor shops, and arriving to/from the highway was a breeze. Depending on who you ended up with at concierge, the service was either excellente or not-so-helpful. But that is truly our only negative comment. They also accept pets! We look forward to returning to this Hilton soon!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our top-floor room with no guests staying above us. I ask for rooms near the end of a ha...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We took good note regarding your comment on consistency of concierge service. We will be reviewing our covergage with our chef concierge.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Very nice hotel, excellent pool, and service. Was very pleasantly supprised by the restaurant menu, which was very nice, and good value for money. Hotel is centrally located as well. Metro is just downstairs, so that made it easy to get around.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
LouisRobertHandfield, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team. We took special note of your kiind comments regarding the food and beverage quality.