Hotel Bonaventure Montreal
Hotel Nelligan(Montreal)
$156
$350
2,392 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerooftop gardenoutdoor pooltrain stationunderground cityoffice buildingunique hotelstreet levelhotel is locatedbell centrebit datedcatherine streetvalet parkingold porthiltonelevatorconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family and I spent four nights at this hotel. The service was excellent. Everyone was always willing to help including the staff that was not working behind the front desk. They gave us tips on the best way to get to the attractions we asked about and even gave us a cost comparison between bus, cab and metro.

The room was comfortable with good beds. After a day of walking, I slept like a baby. The hotel is directly across the street from the train station, down the street from the metro and has an underground entrance that leads to many stores and restaurants and takes you through the underground city. You are walking distance from Old Montreal. Our trip was in August and the weather was unusual for that time of the year and I was unable to enjoy the pool.

The only thing bad that I can say about the hotel is the surprise we received at check out. Although WIFI is free, we were charged six dollars per call for our Skyp calls. This wasn't revealed at check in or maybe we didn't read everything when we checked in. Be sure to read everything or ask. Despite the charges, I wouldn't let that stop me from staying at this hotel again. The best experience was the people that work there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carmendrc
LouisRobertHandfield, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online.

Rest assured that your kind comments about the employees will be shared with all.

As for the Skype charges, at this stage we are not clear as to why you would have been charged for internet calls. We will investigate to ensure that all calls done through the free option in-room internet are not charged to guests. In the meantime, kindly contact me directly so I can apply the corresponding credit.

Best regards.

Louis-Robert Handfield
Area General Manager

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hilton for the Civic Holiday weekend arriving by Megabus. The megabus station is now located conveniently on the building right beside Hilton Bonaventure. We were in Montreal for the Osheaga festival and Hilton is the perfect place to stay. The subway station is located steps from the hotel along with all other shops, restaurants and night life. It is a great combination of relaxation and action. Their rooftop pool is the best seller of the hotel and offers the much needed zen from the past paced city life and from standing the whole day at the festival. The front staffs are attentive and very nice. The hotel is very unique with art and paintings hung on the wall in the hallways. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rockandtravel
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Recently I stayed here on a trip with some friends. After finally finding the place (attempting to read french signs with no help from the locals) located between downtown buildings, we arrived. The hotel is lovely and we were lucky enough to have a room very close to the front, elevators, and pool. The rooms were maintained every day and the beds were extraordinarily comfortable for hotel beds. However a few big downfalls is that because the Pool can have members who are not staying in the hotel, it is constantly packed. Of my 4 day trip, I never got a seat in the sun, that is the honest truth. People would "save" seats with towels and belongings on the chairs and not be there for hours. It was completely unacceptable and new rules should be implemented. Not being able to enjoy the pool was completely disappointing for me. Some highlights were that it was an easy walk to a lot of attractions or a short cab ride. Be advise, know exactly where you want to go and know how to pronounce it. The cab drivers are expensive, get lost easily, and do not care (majority of them) for Americans. I say all this to say, overall Montreal is lovely, but next time I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel takes up the top two floors of a concrete brutalist 1960s block with dedicated lifts that take you up 9 floors (do not believe their claim of 17!!) in 30 seconds. It is not, therefore, a place for people with claustrophobic fear of lifts, like one of our party, and the only stairs are emergency exits that do not let you back into the hotel once you have gone through them. So hotel staff had to be asked to be on hand to open the doors for my friend - something about which they were not always particularly sympathetic.

However, once you are inside there are good things. The reception and central facilities are on the top floor and are surrounded by large roof gardens where you can sit with ducks swimming (I think their wings ave been clipped) on channels of flowing water, pools with waterfalls, mature trees and attractive planting - but not under the stars: the gardens are locked quite early. Below are the banquetting/conference rooms. There is an outdoor as well as an indoor swimming pool. The rooms (at the periphery of the layout) are on both floors and are spacious and comfortable and have free wifi.

But the common facilities are less than you would expect: there is only one small central bar and it has no casual seating, only tables and chairs at which food is served. Indeed, there is a dearth of (indoor) places where a group of friends can sit and chat informally. The restaurant (as distinct from the bar) is not always open. Food in both places is overpriced and not always good: I had some watery fish and chips but a good duck magret. The service is sometimes slipshod and at least one bar waiter virtually insisted on being tipped for producing a couple of beers.

And this is yet another hotel that hypocritically boasts its green credentials with a claim that towels left on racks will not be replaced - but invariably replaces them anyway.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was told at 5:00pm on August 12, 2012 that I would not have my room cleaned. This is supposed to be a good hotel, I checked in yesterday and they desk chair had feces on the seat and the refridgerator in the room did not work. Today, no housekeeping. There have to be better hotels in Montreal...but maybe not!

Room Tip: Any other hotel in Montreal
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple