All reviews stone walls croissants old town the penthouse rain shower no elevator perfect location within walking distance notre dame basilica fresh fruit king room every morning rue st paul spent two nights street noise breakfast was included hotel restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed March 25, 2019

I was a woman traveling alone, my first time in Montreal, and staff here was fantastic! I arrived very early Saturday, and they stowed my bags behind the counter while I went out exploring; I returned to find that they had checked me in and brought my bags up to my room for me. The room was impeccably clean, and lovely. The staff was very attentive throughout my stay. Breakfast was a buffet in the restaurant area; I recommend the quiche!!

Also, as a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe. Not only is Old Town Montreal very nice to walk around in, with plenty of foot traffic, but the staff at the hotel checked in with me each day- in the mornings, they'd ask me where I was heading that day, and in the evenings, when I was heading out to dinner, they'd ask me where I was eating.

They also clearly know the city well- they had lots of recommendations as to where to go and where to eat.

I strongly recommend staying here. It's one of the best hotels I've stayed at!

Room tip: Room 103 had people coming and going past frequently, and they could be sometimes loud, but earplugs I had worked fine.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2019

Having stayed at a couple of hotels on this Canadian adventure, the Epik topped even the Frontenac in Quebec City. Trust me - booking this hotel will be the easiest travel decision of your Montreal trip. I can outline here what will make this a fast easy read for you, just book it already if you're reading this...

Staff: Immediately, we were greeted by Eric who valeted our car, brought our luggage up to the room and sent my boyfriend and I off to a cute cafe, and tour of the neighboring blocks. He also prepared for us a pamphlet for dog sledding that he enjoyed and felt was a great experience. I'm from NYC, I've never met more polite people, and staff than I did at this hotel. Kudos - your hard work and training has paid off.

Location: You will be within a very short walking distance of several cafes, restaurants, bars, and Notre Dame. We went to Modavie, a nearby restaurant, twice - great food and amazing music - wow! You are also near Nhau Bar (the bar downstairs is AMAZING) and the pier which has a ferris wheel, and was host to Igloofest (literally freezing). Booking this hotel is a no brainer.

Food: There's a small cafe in the lobby, and seating bar seating. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet with the most delectable spread of cheeses, meats, fruits, baked goods - etc. The staff gave us a tray for us to enjoy eating our breakfast in the room - which leads me to...

The Room: Rainfall shower head, fireplace, floor to ceiling windows, ridiculously cloud-like bed - need I say more? This was the coziest room. We did not want to leave.

I could go on about this hotel forever. What a top notch experience. If you're visiting Montreal and want to be surrounded by beautiful architecture and extremely sweet people - stay at Epik.

Have fun!!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank PieceofPiee
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Superior attention to our needs. This place has character. Amazing location for a romantic getaway. Delicious breakfast. Our room was quaint. Great bathroom. Tons of pubs, cafes, restaurants close to the hotel. A must!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christian D
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

This place is so charming and elegant not to mention fabulous service and great food! The rooms are gorgeous and the staff catered to all our needs and the bonus it's in the heart of the old port just steps away from all the wonderful charming surroundings

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Derek C
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

I’ll certainly return to Montreal and I’ll only stay here at Epik. Every single detail has been thought of-from the second you walk in the door to this amazing hotel of blended rustic and industrial, you’ll be blown away by the service and hospitality! The hotel itself is gorgeous and has such a chic rustic feel, our room was great, the staff was more than perfectly amazing, and the complimentary breakfast is the best way to start your day in Montreal. I loved the mixture of modern industrial touches with old rustic French- it was visually so appealing. Excellent boutique hotel, I can’t wait to go back, we were sad to leave after only 2 nights. Perfect location too, right in the heart of Montreal and walking distance to everything! Fun fact: hotel is on the oldest street in Montreal!

Date of stay: February 2019