“Amazing”

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
Ranked #22 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Very nice hotel. In a perfect location. Near very nice restaurants and shops

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Thank you for complimentary review! We hope you will be our guest again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

Reviewed October 7, 2010

Drove to Montreal for a 2 day trip and ended up staying for four nights. This hotel is centrally located and has an awesome indoor/outdoor pool that is heated in the winters. It made for great relaxation after walking around town all day long. The hotel is a little bit dated, but exudes old school luxury. There are a lot of options in that area, however, so I would advise looking around for the best deal.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends

We are delighted to hear that your stay at The Hotel Omni Mont-Royal went so well that you decided to stay a few extra days. That is among the best compliments we can receive! Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights in July this year during the Comedy Festival and haven’t got a bad word to say about my stay. I stayed in a deluxe room that looked out onto the swimming pool - the room was huge (as was the bathroom), with a sofa, desk with chair and a small table, and ample storage space. The TV had lots of channels, although the cabinet housing it was in a slightly strange position making it difficult to view completely whilst lying in bed (likely due to my room being a corner unit, so not a standard layout). The bed was very comfy, the room clean and everything worked fine. Service at check-in and check-out was fantastic, staff were very friendly and the ability to store luggage for free was very useful. The health club area was brilliant, the large outdoor pool was particularly good. Although some of the decor was a little dated, it was all in good condition and the hotel in general was very clean.
The hotel is located about 5-10 minutes walk from the VIA rail train station and is also very close to Peel metro station (although navigating through the underground shopping pathways can be a bit confusing at first) so is very easy to get to. From the hotel it’s easy to walk to the main shopping areas and entertainment districts within Montreal, with most other areas easy to get to either by the metro or by using the BIXI bikes (a stand is located about a block away from hotel).
Bad points – None.
Good points – For the price, the location is excellent, as are the rooms and the facilities, to have all this in a downtown location is brilliant. Whilst the roads around the hotel can get busy, the hotel is quiet and offers an excellent place to stay (especially if you can find a cheap deal on the internet). If you’re looking for something near the main downtown part of Montreal you can’t go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo

We appreciate your glowing review of The Omni Mont-Royal. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor users and we hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed one night at the Omni Mont-Royal and found it to be a little worn around the edges. While clearly it once was the toast of the town, it is not really up to the standards of a modern-day hotel in its decor or furnishings.

First, the good: Our room was huge, the bathroom was large and clean and the staff -- particularly the doorman -- were very attentive. We never had to open a door to the lobby ourselves; there was a real emphasis on service. The hotel also is right in the center of downtown, near McGill and a quick walk to the Bell Centre and other sights.

Now, the not-so-good: There is an overabundance of chintz and floral patterns in this place. It looked like it hadn't been redecorated since the mid- to late-80s. The couch in our room was well worn and faded and its cushions sagged. There was a huge scorch-mark from an iron (literally the entire face of the iron) burned into the center of the carpet in our room. We didn't expect any of this from a four-star hotel.

We got a good last-minute deal via a bid on Priceline, but would have felt a little cheated had we paid full rate. There are so many really lovely hotels in Montreal that I don't think we would choose this one again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Writermgb
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I'm usually a bit fussy about hotels, especially once they're over $150 a night, but this one exceeded my expectations. Amazing location, wonderful service, clean, bright, spacious rooms, and the very best fitness facility I've ever seen in any hotel at any price. I would definitely love to stay there again.
It is mere steps to the Peel Metro station and in walking distance to the best of everything in Montreal. The view from the rooms was wonderful, especially to the north with the view of Mont Royal itself.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

In twelve years of business travel I have never stayed in an Omni, so for this trip to Montreal, I was unsure what to expect. Simply put, I was not disappointed. From the moment I was greated by Bernard at the entrance (who took care of getting Valet parking for me), to the warm smile I got from the two women working the desk, my stay at the Hotel Omni was off to a great start. I was quickly checked in, and offered my choice of papers the following morning.

When I got to the room I was blown away by its size an appearance. Very spaceous room, nicely apointed work area and big windows giving me a beautiful view of Montreal.

One thing that I was SURE would be a disappointment was the Internet. Normally yuou pay some silly connection fee (which you do here, but it was only $9.95) and then you get pathetic speeds making anything more than email a joke. Not here...the wireless was very fast, and would even stream videos without a hitch.

Then there was the bed...a nice king that I was looking forward to, but again, never having stayed at an Omni, I wasn't sure what to expect. Just like everything else, the bed did not disappoint, and I slept better than I had in many years in hotels. In the morning, I was greeted by a HUMAN (imagine that) with my wake-up call.

Breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was nice, but there was one thing I'd change. They buffet line offered a nice selection of fruits, cheese, smoked salmon and the standard eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and pancakes. The eggs...powdered, which, given how nice everything else was, seemed really out of place. But still, at least they tasted good.

All told, I was very, very impressed with every facit of my stay at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. The people were everything a company would want in a staff...at every level (at least those which I encountered). The quality of the room, all I could ask for. The location...perfect.

I would say that this may be the first hotel in a major city that I would recommend for business travelers, honeymooners, romantic getaways, families...everyone. Just a total first-rate experience all the way around.

Thank you Hotel Omni. You made my first trip to Montreal a memorable one that I will carry with me for years to come.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

At first the outside seemed cold and much less historic than the wonderful Omni Hotel in Boston but the fabulous room, cleanliness, PHENOMENAL service, and location all made up for the lack of exterior beauty and history.

We loved our room, we heard no one, we had fantastic free morning drinks, a lovely welcome note and water from the manager, and while we prefer boutique hotels, this was definitely an exception and we will stay here again.

Loved it and definitely recommend it!