“Great location”

Ranked #24 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
“Great location”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed here for our second time, it is located very close from the shopping district, Ste Catherine. Lots of great places to eat around here as well. The room is clean and spacious. Highly recommend this place for a family as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear 8achan,

A return visit is one of the best compliments our hotel can receive and I'm thankful that you chose to stay with us again. I always appreciate the reviews and recommendations of our guests and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Dominique Lapointe
Directrice générale / General Manager
Hôtel Omni Mont-Royal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Turkish first
Bonn
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband, 2 children (7 & 10), and I had a very nice 3 evening stay at the Omni Mont-Royal. We had a spacious room on the 30th floor with a fabulous view. Hotel staff was friendly, and the location was ideal and close to the metro. This is a very good hotel for those traveling with children.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Violin-Mel
Dear Violin-Mel,

Thank you for bringing your family to the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. I'm delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one and I appreciate your family friendly stamp of approval. If your travels bring you back to Montreal, I hope you will once again choose us for your accommodations.

Dominique Lapointe
Directrice générale / General Manager
Hôtel Omni Mont-Royal
easton, usa
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had a great stay in the Omni Hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. And despite the long wait for check-in, they made up for it with free drinks. The room was clean, very comfortable bed, soft sheets. We had a corner room which was quiet and large. Hotel is close to the Metro Peel station and subway system is easy to use. Plenty of restaurants in the neighbourhood. Museum aux beaux arts is on same street and they have the Faberge exhibition till Oct. '14.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

LOS ANGELES
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nice modern hotel, with a friendly staff, in a perfect location. Easy to find restaurants nearby. Easy to get anywhere in the city. Two blocks from the art museum. Pool, gym, bar, restaurant, room service, and a smile from Bernard at the door.... what more could you want? I left something quite valuable in plain sight one day for several hours, and it wasn't touched.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ROG13
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Rog13,

I so glad to read that you found everything you were looking for at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. I appreciate your review and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed here after a long flight from Australia. I was delighyed to be able to use my room at 11am even though the hotek was full. I loved the Alice Bar for good quality wines and snacks. The maitre de at breakfast is outstanding. Expensive but worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Kate4967,

I'm pleased to read that our associates were able to get you into a room quickly so you could recover after your long flight. Thank you for all of your kind comments and I hope we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Omni appears to be clinging to bygone notions of what a quality hotel stay is. People want a touch of class, but are more impressed by staff who are genuine and caring. Charging for Wifi access is simply ludicrous - $60 motels in the boonies offer free wifi. The "valet only" parking is also a long dead necessity. I was offended when the next day I noticed $18 for 24 hour parking in the back alley of the hotel, while the valet gladly drove my car into the adjacent lot at $27 a day. Not allowing patrons to use the bell hop carts themselves is also ridiculous. If guests want help, they can ask for it. And playing the safety angle is a farce - I think I can manoeuvre a cart without killing anyone. Finally, in-room service includes a delivery charge and a 15% gratuity, yet the slip that must be signed still includes an area to add a tip, which led to our double-tipping the delivery person, who quietly stood by silently as we did the math for his second tip. This is simply deceitful and unethical. People care little for the pomp and pageantry and just want a modern, central and clean hotel run by real people.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank James M
Dear James M,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback following your stay at our hotel. I can sense your frustration and I apologize if we didn’t better communicate to you the available amenities and policies prior to your arrival. Please know that we in no way want our guests to feel as if they were mislead or burdened. In fact our goal is to make each stay effortless and enjoyable. I take all of your feedback very seriously and will work with the various areas mentioned to make sure we are transparent in all of our services. Please accept our apologies that you didn’t have a better experience and I hope that the future will give us an opportunity to gain your confidence in our hotel.

Caledon, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over the past weekend. The hotel is definitely becoming dated and shows in the rooms. They have converted old smoking rooms into non-smoking rooms which still smell terrible. We stayed in room 2015 and the room beside us, 2011 had a broken key slot in which the occupants were trying to access around 11pm. With security onsite, they were trying to enter the room for 45 minutes at which point the occupants started banging on our door around 11:45pm even though our door had the "do not disturb" sign hanging. The occupants were highly intoxicated at which point we called the hotel manager. Things seemed to settle down immediately although the same individuals were causing multiple disturbances throughout the night. Hearing fully conversations through the walls and adolescences running down the hall yelling. I felt as though I was staying in a motel 6.

In the morning, we confronted the front desk only to be offered free coffee's, a $4.00 gesture. Clearly the hotel places little value on their customers and returning customers. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We stayed at this place so we could have a comfortable sleep at night while enjoy the city during the day. Clearly this is a hotel attracting people who want to party all night and then sleep during the day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Daniel A
Dear Daniel A,

I understand your frustrations and regret that you did not have a better experience at our hotel. There are occasionally events in the city that change the demographics of our guests and how they handle themselves within our property. I'm truly apologetic that you were affected by one of these times and I will be working with my staff to make sure that we are better prepared to handle these situations in the future. Please know that we do place great value on our guests and the feedback that they give us. If you return, I would encourage you to reach out to our Loyalty Ambassador so that he can ensure that any needs you may have will be taken care of during your time with us. I hope that you will give us a second chance to welcome you back again soon.