“Beautiful hotel but a disappointing experience”

Ranked #23 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Omni is a beautiful hotel - very luxurious, with gorgeous, spacious rooms. The bathroom was very big and clean. The lobby area is beautiful as are all of the other public areas.
It is in a great location, walking distance to many major attractions.

With that being said I must say I was incredibly disappointed to show up at 7:30pm on the day of check in only to be told that they did not have a room ready for us (there was a airline crew using the available rooms I believe?) I was relying on that room to get ready for an event but was told that unfortunately there was nothing that could be done and my party had to go get ready for our event in the hotel's public bathrooms. When we mentioned to the manager that we were very upset that we had to get ready for an event in a public bathroom when we were expecting the hotel room that we paid for her kindly offered us a free breakfast credit. But I must say that really did not make up for the disappointment we experienced and the major inconvenience it was for us.

I would stay at the Omni again but I would recommend ensuring that rooms are available for guests when they come to check in well after the designated check-in time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear CaitSnow,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your check in experience. This was an unusual occurrence and I truly regret that it wasn’t handled in a different manner. I can assure you that we have thoroughly reviewed the situation and this should not be a concern for you for future visits. I am glad that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that you enjoyed our location. I hope that the future will give us an opportunity to welcome you back for a stay that is exemplary from start to finish.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Room was a nice size and clean. Check-in and check out were seamless. Location was great given proximity to metro station, restaurants within walking distance, and some of the attractions such as fine arts museum. Best part of hotel was Giovanni the concierge. His meal recommendations were spot on and he was very helpful with anything we needed. Only minor complaint I have is regarding the rooms walls being thin. I could hear neighboring rooms conversations, etc... Overall good experience.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear umadrian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled that you had a great stay and I look forward to recognizing Giovanni for a job well done. If you return to Montreal, I hope you will keep us in mind for your accommodation needs.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Hotel is very convenient to shops, restaurants, and sightseeing. The staff is friendly and our check-in was seamless. We originally booked a deluxe room but was offered $20/night for premium room on a higher floor with view of Mont-royal park so we took it. The room itself was spacious. The bed was very comfortable and clean. Although some of the furnishings seemed a little dated. The fitness center was nicely equipped with weighs and exercise machines and a separate area for stretching and floor excises. Very clean. Our overall experience was good but here's the catch. We booked our staying through a third party travel site and evidently if you do that you will not get any of the Select Guest benefits such as free wifi and your stay will not count towards your membership level. This wasn't the case back in April the last time we stayed with Omni but I'm not sure if this policy is only for the Omni Montreal or all Omni hotels. This wasn't explained to us when we checked in and only found out after looking at the bill at check out. So if you're looking to book with Omni through a third party site make sure to keep this in mind.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear JoeBos617,

I appreciate your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize if you were caught off guard with the changes to the Select Guest program. The changes went into effect mid-June. I will work with my staff to make sure this is being communicated to our guests. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great hotel and above and beyond staff. Right from the moment you drive up the guest come first attitude is evident. Nice rooms, great views of either the city or McGill University grounds (which are awesome too) In room dinning is a little costly, but so many great places within walking distance, or just as the door man, he'll give you a great place to order a pizza straight up to the room!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear biff107,

Please accept my thanks for your complimentary review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We stay at the Omni hotels at least once if not twice per month. Room was dirty called the front desk to have house cleaning come and clean the area, the never showed I had to find the housekeeper the next morning to have her address the area I'm a select member had to call to get my water it arrived. 30 minutes later 11:15 pm. Sent my clothes out to be pressed when we arrived had to call the next day to say I need my clothes I have dinner reservation. Suppose to get a complimentary chef inspired local amentity it never arrived. Staff slow to re act. I'm hoping they just had a bad weekend. I'll try it one more time in the near future before I write this on completely off the list.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Fortguy1415

Dear FortGuy1415,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and please accept my apologies that your most recent stay did not meet your expectations or our own. Your confidence in our hotel is important to me and I will be researching what happened during your stay so that we make the appropriate corrections. When you return, please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My experience is just average, nothing too fancy or too exciting to say the least. I will have to note that the staff are friendly and helpful, service is very good. The lobby connected to the bar and to the restaurant along the hallway is beautiful. Experience the pool on the 3rd floor that is heated and outdoor. Lounges for sunbathing. The housekeeping needs a bit of improvement.

Room Tip: If possible, choose the top floors but away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear comp-aliance,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I wish that we would have been able to exceed your expectations and hope that you will give us a future opportunity to provide you with an outstanding stay. If you do return, please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Sincerley,

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean and beautiful. Nice size room and comfortable bed. Close location to Metro. Giovanni, the Concierge, was friendly and gave us wonderful advice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear 381jilld,

It was a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay and were well taken care of by Giovanni. We are lucky to have him as an associate and I look forward to sharing your compliments with him. I hope you will consider staying with us again soon.