“Convenient, Spacious, but with a Catch....”

Ranked #22 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Boston, Massachusetts
“Convenient, Spacious, but with a Catch....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Hotel is very convenient to shops, restaurants, and sightseeing. The staff is friendly and our check-in was seamless. We originally booked a deluxe room but was offered $20/night for premium room on a higher floor with view of Mont-royal park so we took it. The room itself was spacious. The bed was very comfortable and clean. Although some of the furnishings seemed a little dated. The fitness center was nicely equipped with weighs and exercise machines and a separate area for stretching and floor excises. Very clean. Our overall experience was good but here's the catch. We booked our staying through a third party travel site and evidently if you do that you will not get any of the Select Guest benefits such as free wifi and your stay will not count towards your membership level. This wasn't the case back in April the last time we stayed with Omni but I'm not sure if this policy is only for the Omni Montreal or all Omni hotels. This wasn't explained to us when we checked in and only found out after looking at the bill at check out. So if you're looking to book with Omni through a third party site make sure to keep this in mind.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear JoeBos617,

I appreciate your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize if you were caught off guard with the changes to the Select Guest program. The changes went into effect mid-June. I will work with my staff to make sure this is being communicated to our guests. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you will return soon.

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great hotel and above and beyond staff. Right from the moment you drive up the guest come first attitude is evident. Nice rooms, great views of either the city or McGill University grounds (which are awesome too) In room dinning is a little costly, but so many great places within walking distance, or just as the door man, he'll give you a great place to order a pizza straight up to the room!

Dear biff107,

Please accept my thanks for your complimentary review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We stay at the Omni hotels at least once if not twice per month. Room was dirty called the front desk to have house cleaning come and clean the area, the never showed I had to find the housekeeper the next morning to have her address the area I'm a select member had to call to get my water it arrived. 30 minutes later 11:15 pm. Sent my clothes out to be pressed when we arrived had to call the next day to say I need my clothes I have dinner reservation. Suppose to get a complimentary chef inspired local amentity it never arrived. Staff slow to re act. I'm hoping they just had a bad weekend. I'll try it one more time in the near future before I write this on completely off the list.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Fortguy1415
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear FortGuy1415,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and please accept my apologies that your most recent stay did not meet your expectations or our own. Your confidence in our hotel is important to me and I will be researching what happened during your stay so that we make the appropriate corrections. When you return, please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to help make your stay more enjoyable.

Ajax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

My experience is just average, nothing too fancy or too exciting to say the least. I will have to note that the staff are friendly and helpful, service is very good. The lobby connected to the bar and to the restaurant along the hallway is beautiful. Experience the pool on the 3rd floor that is heated and outdoor. Lounges for sunbathing. The housekeeping needs a bit of improvement.

Room Tip: If possible, choose the top floors but away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear comp-aliance,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I wish that we would have been able to exceed your expectations and hope that you will give us a future opportunity to provide you with an outstanding stay. If you do return, please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Sincerley,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean and beautiful. Nice size room and comfortable bed. Close location to Metro. Giovanni, the Concierge, was friendly and gave us wonderful advice.

Dear 381jilld,

It was a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay and were well taken care of by Giovanni. We are lucky to have him as an associate and I look forward to sharing your compliments with him. I hope you will consider staying with us again soon.

Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great location near museums, McGill, shopping. Large rooms, clean, comfortable. Be sure you shop the rate, lots of options nearby and the rates change a lot. Lobby bar and restaurant a bit pricey for what you get. Easy walk to restaurants and entertainment, can't beat proximity to Mont Royal Park.

Dear Marc R,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal for your recent stay in Montreal. I appreciate all of your comments and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Visited in July 2014....
I happened to mention while booking that it was our 10th anniversary....SO...I was upgraded to a suite, and upon arrival in the room, the staff had left me a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries....and a personalized letter wishing us a happy anniversary....so amazing...
Front desk staff are incredibly capable and kind....excellent fitness room...which has machines and free weights...as well as 3 well maintained treadmills and elliptical....huge pool and jacuzzi...ast elevators, and 3 of them...never waited more than 30 seconds....very close to everything...
This experience totally made our anniversary ..... This property is extremely well run and well equipped....I absolutely recommend it to anyone...you will not be disappointed...best hotel experience of my entire life.....

Room Tip: Upper level rooms seemed more classy....goes up to floor 31...room 3110 was great...big oval tub, ex...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear moldy73,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a special anniversary at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. I'm delighted that my associates made it a memorable stay for you and I thank you for your complimentary review. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back again soon.