“An enjoyable stay!”

Ranked #23 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived at the Omni Mont-Royal about 4 PM after a 7 hour drive and everything was ready! Although this is an older hotel, it is well maintained and functions like a well-oiled machine. The staff is outstanding and their service was excellent. Any questions that we had were answered in a friendly, professional manner. We did not eat in the hotel; but their recommendation for breakfast the next morning was perfect. We ate a delicious breakfast outdoors at Universal which was just around the block. All in all a very good experience!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Seniorcitizens2014,

I'm delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. I appreciate you compliments of our staff and our property and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Recently stayed at the Omni Mont Royal in Montreal. The hotel looks magnificent. The lobby is impressive looking and has plenty of places to sit and mingle. Nice touches with large water jugs filled with ice water with fruit and vegetable infusions. Absolutely delightful. The room was perfect and helped ensure a good nights sleep! Would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Montreal.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniMgr, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear gottsled,

Thank you for your generation recommendation of the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. It was a pleasure to read all of your positive feedback and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very nice hotel, close to the center and to the shops. I would recommend this hotel to anyone being that we enjoyed our stay and we are looking forward to go back. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool and the Manager Remi was excellent he made our stay excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Olga M,

I'm delighted to read that your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for your compliments of our property and of Remi. I look forward to recognizing him for a job well done. It will be my pleasure to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The view of the Mont Royal and the surrounding area from the 18th floor is amazing. As other reviews have noted, the walls seem to be pretty thin. I feel if I'd brought it to staff's attention, they would have entirely addressed the issue, as everyone I interacted with was great. Restaurant has great service (Alexandre) and the food is excellent, if overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear seand575,

We are so fortunate to overlook Mount Royal and I'm glad you were able to enjoy the view. I do apologize if you experienced any noise in your room. If you return, please let us know so we can make sure we have you in one of the quietest areas. Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff were welcoming. The room (with King Size bed was spacious). The cleaning lady on the 15th floor was amazingly friendly and, with a smile, greeted us each day and always made sure that we had what we needed in our room. The hotel is conveniently located to all amenities downtown including Saint Catherine and Crescent Street. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Brian G,

What a delight it was for me to read your review. I'm thrilled that our housekeeping associate made sure you were well taken care of and I'm so glad you enjoyed our location. Thank you for your review and I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

this hotel has it all. beautiful rooms. great location. central to many restaurants and bars. shopping is nearby. first class service. great lobby bar. friendly staff. nice outdoor pool although a bit small and scarce number of chaises. decent gym although a bit dated. overall, you can't go wrong here. former four seasons property always delivers. and for the price it is spectacular.

Room Tip: ask for high floor. great views.
Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Clayton J,

I'm so glad you found everything you were looking for at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. Thank you for taking the time to write a great review and I hope you will be our guest again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Omni is beautiful and elegant on the inside (after a complete refurbishment); the weathered exterior is no indicator of what to expect. *Even though we booked our long weekend through a third party to earn miles, we still managed to get a wonderful, well appointed room on the 29th floor which had a HUGE bathroom and free wireless access. Simply register with Omni for free Gold status and you won't have to pay for the extras. I do regret not booking directly with Omni because they would not allow me to have my 4 nights count towards getting Platinum status and they were only slightly more expensive. *If you care to workout while of vacation, this hotel accommodates you. It's the first hotel gym I've used that wasn't a joke. The gym is open 24 hours, with a jacuzzi and heated pool on the 3rd floor. *I'm not a fan of buffets but Le Petit Opus Cafe serves up a decent selection that you should try at least once.

You really don't need a car and the Metro is just one block away. This location was perfect and in walking distance to just about everything. We were lucky that our 4th of July getaway happened to have coincided with Montreal's International Jazz Festival, Carifesta (annual Caribbean carnival parade) and the naked bike ride. *The service was definitely above par so don't forget to ask for assistance from the very helpful Concierge who scored us discounted tickets (which we charged to our room) to the amazing Botanical Gardens/Insectarium, Biodome and Planetarium. We couldn't do it all on our last day so they refunded the cost of our unused tickets.

Room Tip: Noise from the hallways can be loud and other guests' "nocturnal" activities can be di...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank InternationalPursuit

Dear Helandlee,

It sounds as if you had a wonderful visit to Montreal and I'm thrilled that your experience at our hotel was top notch. I appreciate having the opportunity to read that details about what made your stay a good one and I hope you will stay with us again soon.