“Great Hotel Experience”

Ranked #22 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Great Hotel Experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Very friendly, conscientious staff and service! Excellent stay! I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, family and others visiting Montreal. In addition the others who came with me to the city for business and some relaxation enjoyed it too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Paul L,

We appreciate your wonderful feedback and are glad you enjoyed your time at the Omni Mont-Royal.

Thankyou for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor users and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Directrice générale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Turkish first
Whitby Ontario
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Service was great, room was perfect and the hotel is beautiful, however I feel that the hotel is being rather cheap when you pay over $200 per night and they want to charge you $17.00 for in room wifi. They do offer free wifi in the hotel lobby, however I think a hotel of this status should offer their guests complimentary in room wifi. I expressed this concern with the front desk and they agreed to make an exception, however a bill for the wifi was slipped under my door the morning of my departure and I had to deal with it at the front desk, which felt like a waste of my time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank woodypi80
Dear Woodypi80,

I appreciate your feedback from your recent stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed the service and that you found the hotel to be beautiful.

Thank you for allowing us to read about your frustrations and I hope that we will have a future chance to provide you with a great stay.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I recently travelled to Montreal to celebrate our wedding anniversary and stayed at the Omni Mont-Royal. We decided to book the Omni based on the reviews we read on line. First impression, the lobby is small but elegant, clean and inviting with its wood burning fireplace. The elevators ran frequently and quickly took us up to the 14th floor. The public areas where the guest rooms were located were a little dark and not the most up to date, but they smelled fresh and were kept clean. Our room was also very clean, smelled fresh, and was nicely appointed (the bedding was super comfy). The housekeeping staff did a great job of keeping things clean and it was evident in the overall condition of the hotel. The staff were generally pleasant and polite. The location of the hotel was excellent; walking distance from so many things including Mont-Royal Park, museums, beautifully architected buildings, shopping, the Metro and a 20 minute bus ride to Old Montreal.

I have just one complaint and while it may not be a usual circumstance, it definitely left me disappointed. We were prepared to check out and leave the hotel by 10:30 am when we got a message from the airline that our flight was cancelled due to weather. We were moved and confirmed to a later flight, so we checked out, left our bags behind and went out for some breakfast. By the time we got back to the hotel, the airline informed us that the later flight was also cancelled and we were confirmed for a flight the following morning. We explained the situation to the front desk person and she told us that the hotel was overbooked and they could not accommodate us another night. Just to be clear, I was not asking for a free room but rather a room for the night. But there was no room available, she said. End of story, she did not offer guidance on other hotels, their numbers, their locations, etc. Only after we asked about other options, did she suggest we walk over to a hotel about five blocks away. She did not offer to call them to ask if rooms were available nor did she offer a phone number so we could call. Isn't it standard procedure for a hotel to be aware of hotels with available rooms on a day when they expect to walk confirmed guests because they are overbooked? We found ourselves stranded in Montreal for one more day than planned and while I realize it was not the Omni's fault or responsibility, I don't think it's unreasonable for us to have expected some guidance or assistance since we had JUST checked out. We felt that once we checked out we were no longer important to them. Most hotels focus their efforts on cultivating repeat guests and I don't think the Omni's focus is any different. But it would have gone a very long way with this guest if a bit more interest and concern had been taken.

Overall the hotel was very, very good, hence my rating. It's probably not everyday that a guest gets displaced from a flight but it's definitely not rare. It would be good for the hotel to establish procedures to assist their guests on those such occasions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Isabel S
omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Isabel S.,

Thank you for your glowing feedback following your recent stay at the Omni Mont-Royal. Please know that I have taken good note of your comment regarding your disappointment with the service shortcomings from one of our staff. Your feedback is invaluable in my effort to improve the operation and particularly the level of consistency in our services.

I hope we will have a future opportunity to provide you with the great service our hotel is known for.

Cowansville, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff. My husband and I were taking our yearly weekend without the kids to relax and get some sleep. After dropping off the kids at the grandparents', we were REALLY looking forward to relaxing in the pool and hot tub. We checked in at 8pm to discover the pool had just closed for the night! Who does that?!! We had plans the next day and came back to the hotel after dinner to NOT relax by the pool AGAIN! Booo. Choosing another hotel next year because of pool situation. Otherwise, it was a clean, beautiful hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear Gina W,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Omni Mont-Royal on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a great stay but regret to read of your disappointment with the closing time of the pool.

We hope that we will have a future opportunity to have you stay with us.

Vancouver
Reviewed June 22, 2014

They have removed free wifi from the Omni Rewards program sign up perk as of June 17th as per the front desk personnel.

Hotel room was as advertised.
Rooms were older but maintained.
I lucked out and had a very attentive and thorough housekeeper. Very pleased with the cleanliness of the room.

Definitely follow the previous reviewer's tips regarding asking for a higher room away from the elevators. It can get noisy otherwise.

1 Thank Rin1234
Dear Rin1234,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at the Omni Mont-Royal. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with the service your housekeeper provided.

I look forward to a future opportunity to serve you.

Enfield, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The service was great and the location was perfect. I will stay there again. They have us good ideas for dinner and breakfast. The room was big and very clean. The bed was so comfortable. The let us store our bags to enjoy the day after we checked out.

Dear AlysonM,

Thank you for your glowing feedback following your recent stay at the Omni Mont-Royal. I am delighted that you had a great experience and to take the time to sharing it with other travelers.

I look forward to a future opportunity to serve you.

Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Omni, but there were a few things I thought should have been better considering this hotel is rated a 4 star.

The service and customer care was excellent. My husband and I needed a taxi with a baby seat for our daughter and concierge worked hard to find me one, which, they did. I also needed a crib for my daughter which they did not hesitate to get me one and did not charge me for it. I did, however, wipe the crib down with a cloth and did find a lot of dirt and grime.

The location is amazing. Close enough to St.Catherines and Crescent but not right in there. It is just around the corner, maybe a 5 minute walk. The view of Mont Royal was beautiful from our room. I highly recommend requesting that side of the hotel.

The overall room I thought was ok. The decor to me seemed a bit dated. I was surprised because the hotel website claimed they renovated the rooms. The overal cleanliness I would give it a 2.5/5. I expected more, considering it was a rated a four star hotel, I expected the room to be very clean, in particular the bathroom. I was disappointed. The ceiling was starting to peel do to over moisture from the shower. I noticed there were hairs on the shower mat before I even took a shower. That disgusted me. I could tell that the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in quite some time because there were dried up water marks all over the counter and on the faucet knobs. The bathroom vent was clogged with dust balls. I noticed that the overall room was dusty. The night stands in particular were very dusty. For cleanliness they hotel should be rated a 3 star. I have stayed in a 4 star hotel before and it was much cleaner then the Omni.

The overall stay of the hotel was enjoyable. Everyone for the most part was very friendly and helpful and didn't hesitate when I needed assistance. My 1 year old daughter was with my husband and I and everyone took a liking to her and made her feel very comfortable.

If you can look beyond the cleanliness then this hotel was pretty good.

1 Thank Mstillo
omnimtroyal, General Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Mstillo,

I sincerely appreciate all of your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Omni Mont-Royal. I am certainly pleased to read that our Conciege was able to get a taxi for your family. I will follow-up with our team regarding the cleanliness issue in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.