“A cocoon of peace, taste and luxury”

Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
Ranked #22 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I initially sampled this hotel when I got an extraordinary last minute discount. The hotel recently completed a thorough renovation in an understated, high quality style. Even though I booked at a discount each time through a consolidator each subsequent time, I was always given good rooms and the one time I did not like the selection I was given an upgraded, larger room.

The rooms are quiet, even on the street side and I far prefer the views toward the mountain. Room service is of better quality than in many comparable Montreal hotels. My first visit I was registered in the point program and by my third and forth visits, not only did I enjoy complimentary internet, but a lovely small breakfast just for members, For business and tourism both, the hotel is convenient and pleasantly located. There are plenty of excellent options to step out to eat if you don't want to stay inside the hotel

I was there due to a highly difficult family emergency and always felt that they were discrete yet attentive and ready to help if there was something they could do. Unfortunately, we should have consulted the hotel for a lost handmade sweater and dress, but we did not notice its absence for a month.

In short, I stayed in at least 4 of the 4 star hotels in downtown Montreal in quick succession. Of all the Omni and its management was a head above the others, I hope to come back one day to simply enjoy all the amenities it has to offer.

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing Mc Gill and Sherbrooke on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

We are thrilled that after experiences at many Montreal hotels, you find the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal to be your favorite. If you have not yet reached out to us about your missing clothing, please don't hesitate to do so. We keep lost and found items on hand for a short period of time and would be happy to return them to you if we have them. Thank you for your complimentary review and look forward to a future visit from you.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel provides all that the business traveller needs: A clean room, a great bed, a good sized tv and convenience. Parking was not included however and it cost me $17CAD daily.

There was a nightly service of complimentary drinks available to me which I enjoyed. The front desk staff is professional and friendly. This was my first stay at an Omni hotel.

The Omni Mont-Royal has recently seen a large budget make-over. I realized I was in an old Montreal hotel when I turned on the water for a bath and noticed brown water gushing out. I had to let the water run for a few minutes to ensure that it was clean. This experience did not make me feel confident in drinking the tap water. Otherwise, the stay was good.

The number of 5 star reviews for this hotel is confusing.

Room Tip: Let the water run for a few minutes before bathing and or drinking
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to understand where we could have improved upon your stay. Please accept our apologies for your experience with the water. This is certainly not a common occurrence and we can assure you that our drinking water is completely potable. This may have been a result of a temporary water outage but regardless of the reason we apologize if this caused you any unease. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope that we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Mount Royal from September 1-4, 2012. We didn't choose this hotel specifically as we took a deal we found on Priceline but were so lucky this was our hotel! I have broken our stay down into different categories:

1. Room- I read other reviews about the rooms being small but I just don't see how this was true. We had a standard room with a King size bed and it was a very nice size room. There was the king bed, lounging couch, huge flat screen tv on a nice storage unit. The rooms have just been renovated so now is the time to visit when everything looks and feels new!

2. Location- this could not have been better. We didn't want to rent a car so decided to take the transit system during our trip. We bought a three day bus pass for $16 and took the city bus from the airport (picks up from International departures) and was downtown in about 45 minutes. We were dropped off about 4 blocks from our hotel which was perfect. St. Catherine street (the major shopping street) was only 2 blocks away and the Peel Metro station was only 1 block away. Needless to say it was perfect and we were very glad to not pay for parking or navigate the congested streets.

3. Omni select guest program. In other reviews I read that if you signed up for this program, you got free internet. I signed up before we arrived hoping they might let me use it but wasn't hopeful because other hotels I have booked through Priceline have not. I was very surprised when the Omni not only let us use it but it had many more perks! Free internet (costs $9.95 per day otherwise), free beverages delivered to your room in the morning (coffee, tea, juice, etc- 1 per guest), 2 items of clothes pressed per day, shoe shine, turn down service with free water, free newspaper and some other things I am forgetting. This was fantastic and really enhanced our stay.

4. Front desk and conceirge- these staff members really went above and beyond to make sure we had a good stay. We were allowed to check in early at 12 noon, they suggested great restaurants and gave us directions. They remembered us by name when we walked by. I was very impressed.

I can't say enough about this hotel and we had such a great stay. It is obvious by now that I would highly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Omni Select Guest program on the hotel webiste. It is free, there are no pre-reqs a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are grateful for your generous recommendation of the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal and are delighted that you enjoyed the immediate perks of our Select Guest Program. Thank you for allowing us to read about your experience and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The lobby is actually used as an extension of your room. The service is accommodating. Thank you, Alexandra. The complimentary morning coffee and hot cocoa at the door are welcomed. The fitness center is well-equipped. I did not get a chance to try the new lobby bar, cafe...the distractions of Montreal. The location is near most anything, and besides Montreal is a walking city. Nothing is too far away.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

We are glad that you not only enjoyed your room but also the newly renovated lobby of our hotel. Our hope was that it would encompass a residential feel that would make our guests feel at home and we are delighted to see this reflected in your review. If you return to Montreal, we hope you will once again consider us for your accommodations.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed for one night. Great location in downtown Montreal, walking distance to everything. The room was impeccably clean and the King bed was very comfortable. Breakfast restaurant lacked a bit in charm but that's the only negative I could think of. Perfect location to enjoy Montreal's restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. We are glad you had a great stay and we hope you will be our guest again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in early September. We absolutely loved it. The rooms are large, modern and very clean. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is quite large and the lighting is excellent. This is the best hotel bathroom lighting I have ever experienced. So it was a joy to get ready to go out (instead of looking green from the fluorescent lights).

The location could not be more perfect. We were a block away from the metro station, two blocks away from the bus stop which takes you to old Montreal, and two blocks away from a major road with lots of restaurants, shops and things to do. (we took in a movie at a GREAT cinema two blocks away). If you stay in this hotel you'll never have to take a taxi! AND you're away from the throngs of tourists in Old Montreal.

Lastly, the hotel staff was exceedingly friendly. Anne Marie at concierge was exceptional. She taught us how to use the bus and metro system. She was able to provide us discount tickets to Montreal attractions. And she offered great suggestions for things to do.

We will definitely stay at this hotel if we get to vacation in Montreal again!

One warning - there is major construction going on right outside the hotel. We were up and ready fairly early every day. But if you want to sleep in, it might be a problem because it is pretty loud. But this should only be temporary.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

What a pleasure for us to read your review of the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. We agree that the new lighting in the bathroom is fantastic. Our designers did a great job with it! Thank you for taking the time to compliment our associates, especially Anne Marie. It will be our pleasure to share your kind words and we hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at that really nice hotel in early september , we found the best , friendly staff working there , the location is very convenient , near everything , we will definitely stay there if we come back to Montreal

Room Tip: There is a coffee shop cross the street , very conveninet for breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your complimentary review of the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you plan to return and we look forward to welcoming you back.