Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
$250
$184
  • Breakfast included
2,856 results
All reviewsgreat locationmcgill universitymont royalfour seasonsoutdoor poolsherbrooke streetvalet parkinghigh floorexcellent hotelbit datedrooms are largefree internetcentral locationking bedtwo blocksbell centreconcierge
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at that really nice hotel in early september , we found the best , friendly staff working there , the location is very convenient , near everything , we will definitely stay there if we come back to Montreal

Room Tip: There is a coffee shop cross the street , very conveninet for breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for sharing your complimentary review of the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you plan to return and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

While the hotel's main attraction is probably the fantastic location, it has many other pluses. I did not choose it - I stayed there because I was attending a meeting held there, but I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. I only took advantage of the breakfast buffet the first day - and while it was a good selection, I do not believe it was worth the price. However, I participated in a few events catered by the hotel, including a dinner, and a couple of lunches, and I have to say that the food was excellent. The room was just the right size - not too big, not too small (not sure I'd recommend it for more than 1 person though), with a comfortable desk for a weary traveller who had to work on her laptop; good lighting, and plugs in the right spots. Nice bathroom and a very comfortable bed.
There were a few little things that marred the perfect image, none really serious. On my first night, I ordered a room service, which was delivered pretty promptly, but because the table was awkward to remove, I was told to call for service when I was finished. I did, but nobody came, until I called again, and someone finally showed up, very apologetic. There was this fancy clock-radio with an iPhone/iPod docking station, which quite obviously showed the wrong time. I am not exactly a technical whizz but not quite a dummy either, and there was no way I could fix it. I even searched the Internet for the instructions for that particular model, but it appeared that it did not have the same buttons as the instruction indicated... Switching it on and off (by temporarily removing batteries...) only served to reset it to 12.00. A minor annoyance, but I personally like the clock in my room to show the correct time, and to be able to set the alarm. I did not call the front desk about it; decided the 45 minutes or so that I spent investigating the issue were enough. Overall, a very pleasant - obviously freshly modernized hotel. I missed a long mirror, but as I saw lots of them in the hallway on my last day, I can only assume they were being installed. On my last day, they kindly extended the checkout time by an hour for me, so I did not have to rush in the morning - however, my room key card did not work when I went up to my room a few minutes after noon. I called reception from the hallway, and someone came fairly quickly, then requested to see my id... All very polite and appropriate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mzj101

We appreciate all of your comments and are grateful for the detailed feedback you gave us. Every comment is taken seriously so that we can make improvements to the hotel. We apologize for your frustration with the alarm clock and a reminder will be given to our housekeeping team to check the clocks. We are glad that overall you had a great stay and we hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My friend and I stayed here last weekend, for two nights. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, from the valet greeter, to the front desk, they were always willing to help us with our bags, maps, directions etc. Montreal isn't the friendliest city, but this hotel was amazing. The room was HUGE, clean and very modern. We can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel was!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kato_potato1115

We are thrilled to read that you and your friend had such a wonderful experience at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great location downtown.The rooms are large and very nice. Comfortable beds and free wifi. Drinks in the bar are reasonable but the breakfact buffet is very expensive. You can grab something at any one of the many restaurants in the neighbourhood. Starbucks in down the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the street noise or higher up.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We are glad you enjoyed the location and room at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

4 of us split a suite at the Omni 4th of July Weekend. The location is great, in the middle of town. The hotel is an excellent value as we'll their pricing across the board is very aggressive so it was perfect for a weekend getaway. Our suite was big, more than enough room for 4 people (a couple and two single people). The super-luxury cars parked in front are a bit misleading though (I think the hotels rents them and parks them in front). It's not a 4-5 star hotel. Everything was clean, front desk was attentive....but the rooms needed updating, as did the lobby. Based on the value and location alone I would stay here a second time; again there was nothing WRONG with the hotel, it just wasn't anything spectacular. There are nice places you can stay in Montreal, but not for the money you pay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends