“Great Ambiance and very good service with great location”

Vieux-Port Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vieux-Port Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 5,822 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Cross street: Saint-Gabriel
Transit: Metro: Champs de Mars ou Place d'Armes Bus: 515-55-14-129
Description: More than a restaurant, we're an institution. Quality cuts, cooked to perfection for over three decades. All our beef is AAA Canadian Certified and aged for at least 30 days. You'll love the classic atmosphere, warm and welcoming. We're situated directly on St. Paul Street in a beautiful, century-old structure. Inside, you're greeted by old stone walls, wood floors, cozy fireplaces and an attentive staff. With a capacity of up to 1 000 and one of the nicest terraces in Old Montreal, we're the ideal venue for groups, weddings and other social gatherings.
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Ambiance and very good service with great location”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As part of a wedding celebration two week-ends ago I had suggested the restaurant for our party for Sunday brunch. In the past years I have often chosen the Vieux Port as a venue that was excellent in both its location being located on St. Paul street in old Montreal as well as its ability to accommodate all sizes of parties. In this instance we were twelve and even though we had no reservations we were accommodated with no delay. The restaurant is located near St. Lawrence Blvd, where parking can easily be found and only steps from the Harbour front. We were seated on the second floor and our colleagues were very impressed by the decor and the comfortable surroundings. We enjoyed a leisurely brunch with many choices to please everyone and I was again pleased by the continuing great service and the quite reasonable price of $24.50 for brunch on a Sunday morning in an area which is very popular with both locals and tourists. I will continue to recommend this restaurant both for lunch, dinner of Brunch to my friends and acquaintances.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Managua
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious seafood platter!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Good wine list, a very good spanish Albariño.. I haven´t seen much of them in Montreal.. Very nice location.. the restaurant itself, is very clean and the waiters are very nice..
The food is top, the seafood platter with king crabs and the kobe meat burger are perfect!!

• Visited May 2013
Canada
“Prices are a little high, but worth it.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The location, the people, the service and especially the food. I had a one pound sirloin and she had, what she calls the best ever Salmon. If you don't know Montreal, and are staying in a hotel, have the hotel make your reservations for you. Seldom, if ever, can you just go there and walk in. A little hard to find but worth the effort.

Visited December 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Enjoyable Lunch”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our hotel was just around the corner from this restaurant. We had passed it several times over a number of days and thought we would stop in for a light lunch. It was Sunday and they had a lovely brunch available for $24.50 including a carving station and omelette station. We passed on all that food as the previous night we had a huge dinner at another very popular steakhouse. We both had the lobster bisque reasonably priced at $7. We were delicious warm rolls and for dessert we shared a lovely apple pie with exceptional vanilla ice cream. We were very pleased with the bill when it came which was under $30 including tip. We are seriously thinking of going there tonight for dinner. Will definitely have it on the radar for our next trip to Montreal.

London, Ontario, Canada
“A Very Nice Montreal Steakhouse”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My family and I went to this restaurant for dinner on our visit to Montreal. We really enjoyed it and thought the service, the food, and the atmosphere were wonderful. I loved the old feel of the building with the exposed stone walls, and the location of the restaurant was perfectly in the center of Old Montreal. Most of my family ordered from the VP $29 menu, which was very good value for what we got! I had caesar salad to start, the Steak Manhatten with Shrimp for my main course, and the creme brulee for dessert. Although the steak was very good on it's own, I preferred to have it with the mushroom sauce, so I could have the sauce on my mashed potatoes too! The creme brulee was delicious, but nothing extraordinary, as was the case with the entire meal. I really enjoyed the restaurant, the food, the wine and the service, but everything was very traditional; nothing outside the box. I appreciated everything as a whole, and would definitely recommend this restaurant to someone visiting Montreal and looking for an affordable, nice place to eat. When we go back to Montreal, we will probably check out another steakhouse to broaden our restaurant experiences!