“Great Experience!”

Hotel Le Cantlie Suites
Ranked #63 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed August 14, 2005

I stayed here with my family - husband and 3 year old son and my parents stayed in their own room down the hall-for 3 nights. We had 2 queen size beds, a desk, TV and kitchenette. It was perfect! I was very impressed when we walked into the room. It was very roomy and everything - kitchen area, bathroom and room itself - was spotless. My parents had one bed, a smaller kitchenette, desk, armoire with TV, couch and coffee table. They were very pleased with their room also. The location of the hotel is great. We also had trouble parking - their was no room in the hotel parking area for our mini van, so we had to park in the lot across the street for $60. We were not happy about that and should have been informed of this when we checked in. We had parked directly in front of the hotel and would have unloaded our luggage then instead of waiting until we parked. We did have quite a wait for elevators - there are 3 of them - several times. We would definitely go back, despite the negative aspects.

3  Thank Inspectorgadget_12

3  Thank roderules
Reviewed August 1, 2005

• Stayed: July 2005
Reviewed June 20, 2005

Not wanted to spend $300+ per night at the Ritz Carlton for a conference, I did some research and chose the Le Cantlie two short blocks away. This is a converted apartment building that's been recently renovated. I've had two rooms (more on that later) and, while neither were 5 star, they weren't shabby either. The public areas are very nice.

I made my reservation directly through the hotel's web site, then began to bargain. I said I could only afford an exec suite (~600 sq ft) but really wanted a larger 1 bedroom suite (~900 sq ft). I then asked if they could mark my record for a free upgrade if a 1 bedroom was available on arrival. They agreed. A couple of days before arrival, last minute rates started to show up, dropping the exec suite to about $130/night US. I emailed again (Stephane, the reservations manager I believe) to see if they would meet that rate. No problem. So, on arrival, I was given a large 1 bedroom suite for only $130/night US. Proof positive that it pays to be persistent and to be nice to people.

My suite has a full living room with queen sleeper, small full kitchen, dining table for 4 and bedroom with 2 queens. Not luxurious, but more than adequate.

The only problem I've had was with the wireless internet. My first room on the 25th floor had poor reception that would barely receive email. Apparently, the main router is on the first floor and the access points spread across every other floor do little to bump the signal. When I moved to the 8th floor, service was fine.

I would recommend this hotel to all but the most fastidious. It's not luxury, but it is great value.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank eagvent
Reviewed June 1, 2005

This hotel looks like something from the 1980's. It is in serious need for updating. The rooms felt sticky and once we found the used condom under the bed that was it. The location was good but we never felt comfortable. The sofa bed was worn out and you could feel the springs in your back. Do your self a favor and stay someplace else.

Stayed: October 2004