Hotel Le Cantlie Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$205
  • Restaurant
$112
$107
  • Pool
Hotel Quartier des Spectacles(Montreal)(Great Value!)
$63
Armor Manoir Sherbrooke(Montreal)(Great Value!)
$116
$169
$149
Westin.com
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop poolfrench doorssmall kitchenettemcgill universitypeel stationmini kitchensherbrooke streetdowntown montrealwalking distanceper daycrescent stcoffee makerbusiness centervalet parkingbeds were very comfortablewater pressureone bedroom suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The hotel is clean and in the heart of where you want to be when visiting Montreal. Some aspects of the rooms are very dated but the beds were comfortable. They could really use new shower heads though! Seems to be a common problem in alot of hotels. Nice TV in the room and updated furniture. We reserved our room on hotels.com and got a good price. I was surprised that there was a $5 charge a day for wifi. Staff was nice the entire trip until the last day. I asked the ladt at the front desk to call me a cab at 5am. 15 minutes goes by and no cab. A cab shows up and I started to say thank you and leave when she tells me thats not the right cab. I explain im in a rush and she starts lecturing me! As it was early morning, my patience was limited but luckily "her" cab arrived just as I was about to walk out. I realized at the airport I has left a hat in my room. I called the hotel and the housekeeping staff had found it and kindly put it aside for me. I offered my credit card number and asked them to put it in the mail for me. They refused. they told me I had to arrange for a company to come get it. I suggested that this had happened to me once before and the hotel in question put it in the mail. Not a chance here! It's too bad because I did enjoy my stay there but the last 30 minutes left a bad impression. My wife enjoys staying at this hotel but I don't know if we will be going back there. If you want a clean room in a good location, this is an appropriate selection. If your looking for anything above and beyond in terms of decent service, keep going!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steve M
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We booked a premium suite for 4 nights. Room was as advertised. Clean and the beds were very comfortable. My wife is very picky about beds and she loved them. Hotel is a little dated but it's clean and we felt comfortable, the furniture, beds, TVs (flat screen in living room and bedroom) were all new. Great location, close to everything. For an extended stay, this is perfect, kitchen allowed us to save big bucks with doing some grocery shopping, separate bedroom and living room meant I could get up early and let my wife sleep in without waking her. We look forward to coming back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inkstar
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The rooms are nice with a kitchenette and all the amenities you could want. The location is close to downtown Montreal, just a 10 minute walk from the Bell centre. The bathroom and kitchenette are a bit dated but the bed and other furniture are new. The service has been polite and attentive. One irritant is the $5 per 24 hour internet charge.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Over our 5 day stay at Hotel Le Cantlie Suites, which was part of our bringing in the New Year of 2014 in fine style, we were very impressed with the attentiveness and helpfulness of the members of staff who worked in many different roles. The facility was very well maintained and kept very clean. It appears warm and inviting to visitors and guests alike. One couldn't chose a better location to stay in downtown Montreal with so much to see and do in very close proximity,

Our cautionary concerns of the Hotel Le Cantlie Suites were the rooms themselves as we found them to be modestly furnished and needing more seating, side tables and dresser space. (we did get two folding suitcase caddies though). We were also a bit miffed by having to pay a daily fee for WiFi service,

Overall, the Hotel Le Cantlie Suites is a fine place to stay, once you adjust to the minimalist furnishings provided in your rooms. At least that was our experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yogi J
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Bathroom was barely average. The bed was quite comfortable. We had requested and received a room on a high floor and away from elevators due to other reviews. We did enjoy the roof top deck. We went to a local bakery and brought back food and ate on the roof deck. Walking distance to most everything you could need. However, If cost was not a concern and we return to Montreal, we will look at other hotels.

Room Tip: definitely stay on a higher floor and at the end of the hall for peace and quiet. If you have a car, the parking is expensive but the valet is prompt. Access to underground parking is directly behind the hotel; once you pass the hotel entrance (going east) turn right and right onto what looks like an alley way.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple