Great location, reasonable nightly price.
I'm not big on slandering businesses and wasn't planning on writing anything here but too many things added up by the end of our stay that I felt people should be informed before staying here.
1) The beds were like sleeping on cement blocks and the pillows were terrible. If you like soft beds, don't stay here. It was probably the most uncomfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on. My boyfriend and I seriously entertained the idea of sleeping on the floor instead!
2) You have to pay for the hotel wifi! I just think that's absurd in 2013.
3) Our AC and fridge broke and were making terrible banging noises starting around 1:30am on our last night. It was 90 degrees outside so that was less than ideal. But since we were trying to sleep and didn't want to change rooms in the middle of the night (or have a stranger come to our room and fix it at this hour), we stuck it out.
4) We politely alerted the front desk upon checking out in the morning regarding point #3. We paid the bill already and were not looking to get money back, just wanted to let them know so they could fix it.
And this is what ultimately made me write this review: We proceeded to get yelled at - yes! - by the manager about how we should have called utilities to come fix it and how that was our fault. She was really condescending and mean. Gotta love getting reprimanded by a manager regarding THEIR insufficient facilities. The whole stay left a bad taste in our mouths.
Will not be recommending this hotel to anyone. Please don't stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The intimate, boutique style Hotel Le Cantlie Suites is located in the center of downtown, within Montreal’s Golden Square Mile and offers impressive city and Mount Royal views.The spacious rooms offer a choice of queen or king beds, signature toiletries and feature a mini fridge, microwave and many more comforting amenities.The fully licensed Le Mezz Restaurant presents varied menus, from a full buffet breakfast to lunch and dinner a la carte.Available on site is indoor valet parking $, WiFi in room and in public areas $, new fully equipped fitness center, outdoor rooftop swimming pool and lounge deck all offering stunning views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Le Cantlie Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cantlie Hotel Montreal
- Le Cantlie Montreal