“excellent placement”

Ranked #65 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Beirut, Lebanon
“excellent placement”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

been to Montreal many times and to several hotels, but this one had the best placement - at walking distance to almost everything: train station, metro, malls, shops, restaurants, etc. the bus stop is just at the door of the hotel. coffee shop just across the street. service and staff were excellent. But the loud noise in the hallways during the night from other clients was very annoying. i know the client is king, but the hotel has to be more strict on such issues! other than that i was very pleased. i would definitely come back.

Room Tip: rooms away from the elevator are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pascale D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Ontario
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The staff are really accommodating. The room, after my third try, was fine. The location is superb for getting around...
However, in this day and age, to charge for wifi is just plain usury..and check your bill- they charged me for 5 days of usage. I was there for 4 days and connected only 3 times. I mean, really, just add 5 bucks to the cost of the room and forget it. The hotel would actually be ahead financially and nobody would be the worse for it...Stops me from using this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BlueOntario
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My daughters and I took a road trip to Montreal. Our fist visit to Canada and it will not be our last. The Hotel was in a fantastic location, walking distance from great restaurants and shopping areas. The staff was very helpful and spoke English impeccably. When we asked for help to reserve seats for Cirque du Soleil they were more than attentive. My room was very comfortable with a small "kitchenette" area which was perfect for those few times we had left overs!! Around the block down a couple of streets down we found a charming little bakery that makes the most delicious pastries and coffee. We might just make this our yearly summer girls week!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Le Cantlie Suites for two nights, at the recommendation of the Segal Centre Theatre's management team in Montreal, when we visited recently to attend the Opening Night of "Guys and Dolls". The hotel is a 3-star, so we were a bit nervous. The location is incredible. Within walking distance to everything. Holt Renfrew is a little over a block away. Ste. Catherine's, two blocks. The best shopping is right around the corner.

The hotel... reception was busy when we arrived and our room wasn't ready, but we were checked in and asked to come back later for the key. We walked a bit and were pleasantly surprised when we saw our room a while later. The bedding was first class, washroom clean and modern and the suite, generally, was pleasant and comfortable. We found a small kitchenette behind discreet closet doors, complete with coffee maker. The only criticism one might have is that the toiletries were the bare minimum: soap, shampoo and conditioner. Considering I'm used to finding body lotion and a shower cap, I hadn't brought either, so that was a bit of a disappointment. But a friend who'd travelled with us was able to help out. The rates were so good, I wouldn't complain. I'd recommend this hotel highly, as long as you're not expecting 4 star amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TorontoOceanBaby
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night with my mother and grandmother on our way from Buffalo to Quebec City. I chose this hotel because we needed a double bed room and a lift, which are not easy to find in Montreal. The check in was quick and everyone spoke English. The lobby was beautiful, as was the restaurant. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. There was a funny little kitchen in the closet, but it was quite charming and came in handy. The hotel was a quick taxi ride to St Joseph's Oratory, which was simply breathtaking.
However, the rooms were a little outdated and some of the silverware was dirty, but that wasn't really a big deal. The reason I gave it 3 stars was because it had the bathroom trifecta that made it the worst bathroom in all of my hotel stays. The shower head made the water so that it was thin, hard sprays, the kind that hurts your skin. The tub drained so slow that I felt like I was still dirty from the shins down when I got out. And the crazy hard stream of water made the shower curtain actually billow, causing it to stick to my skin and making me super cold. I really enjoy a nice, luxurious shower, so that is a big deal to me. If you aren't too picky about your shower, then this hotel really is really very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patricia B
LottyToronto
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent location on Sherbrooke St. at Peel, within walking distance of McGill University and of all other places of interest within the downtown core west of University Ave. (and also a bit east of that). Large rooms with sitting areas, comfortable beds, peaceful, good views from upper floors. Useful breakfast room/bar (although, alas, continental breakfast is not included in the room rate, and prices are high; go out for breakfast if possible), pleasant staff. Montreal hotels are not cheap, so this was good value for its location. Also only 4 blocks from 747 airport express bus stop #4 (at Rene Levesque and Peel; $8. in coins required for fare). The coffee maker in the room was an excellent 4-cup one, which kept 'made' coffee hot, although oddly there were no coffee cups (I used a bathroom glass). The business centre is awkward to use; one has to get a special key from the hotel desk and give up a piece of i.d. as a hostage while one uses the room. Also on my stay the key I was given would not open the business centre door; the hotel offered to send someone to open it for me, but by then I decided it would be faster to print my boarding pass at the airport. I have stayed here before, on business trips, and the hotel has been consistently comfortable and clean, and the location perfectly suited to my needs, hence my rating. I have not used other hotel facilities, so cannot comment on them.

Room Tip: High floors have great views: downtown and river on one side, mountain on the other.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Extremely expensive, and often demand surprise deposits of up to $150. In spite of the elegant experience, it has many flaws that would not have been so overlooked by even your most basic motel establishment. The internet, parking, and continental breakfast are exorbitantly expensive, the shower was clogged, many outlets did not work, the television set did not work, and the doors often got stuck. Furthermore, before notifying us of the additional deposits they were going to demand, they dead-bolted our rooms without any warning. The cleaning staff and desk staff were helpful, but these problems should not have been an issue in the first place considering the (theoretical) standards for which they charge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels