“Bit dated, but friendly staff”

Hotel Le Cantlie Suites
Ranked #61 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is in a good location for visiting downtown Montreal. It's around a 15 minute walk to the old town and port which was easy enough for us. The hotel could do with a bit of updating. The lobby area, lifts and rooms are a bit dated. Our room was large. The shower wasn't great, tended to get extremely hot without turning the taps.
The staff are polite and friendly. At check-in we were given no end of leaflets and information about the city.
Parking was $25 per night around the corner from the hotel for 4x4's.
The hotel was fine, but we would recommend spending a bit more to stay somewhere a bit more modern.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights to attend a convention in the city. The hotel was a bit of a walk to the convention centre but that is my fault for not booking closer. I do like the hotel. Clean, nice rooms, business centre, rooftop pool and other amenities. The front desk staff are night and day by shifts. The first one to help me (if you can call it that) was an [--]. Arogant, I was 2 hours early and asked if my room was ready as I just came off a night shift and hadn't slept yet and he promptly said no and come back at 4 with no attempt to help. I had to ask for a map and for directions to a site I wanted to see. I had to ask if I could leave my bags and it seemed like an inconvenience to him to call the porter. When I came back an hour later the staff had changed and the lady there was very helpful. My room was not ready but she said another was and moved me without me even having to ask. My bags were returned promptly. She was very helpful as were all the other staff I met. Location was nice and central and everything was within walking distance although if you want Old Montreal you will be walking a bit further. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I used to live in Montreal and now come to visit family. I always stay at Le Cantlie.Even though their prices have gone up, it's still a very good deal. Near both McGill and Concordia and the Metro and the museums and some good restaurants, with a convenient mini kitchenette so one can make ones own breakfast. Some of the suites are quite spacious and the renovations provide a pleasant respite from cookie cutter chains. Wi Fi and parking is extra and can add to ones nightly rate however. Super friendly bi lingual staff and reception.

Room Tip: Pick up a croissant or two from le pain doree and bring your favorite coffee so you can make your ow...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a great hotel, perfectly located for the university district — just a short walk from both McGill and Concordia.

The staff are helpful and efficient and the hotel itself beautifully maintained.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

More often than not we stay at Le Cantlie suites whenever we're in Montreal, the location is great (Sherbrooke st) ..price is right (usually $110-$140) and the room is super spacious. (we get the 2 queen suites normally since 4 to 6 of us go)...stayed again a few weeks ago and it was great as always ! I recommend this to anyone looking for great value in downtown MTL

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, nicer views (obviously)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We chose this recently renovated, 28 storey hotel because of a week-end special of $99.00 /night.

We went to the city primarily to tour "Old Montreal", but the hotel was not as close to that area as we had thought.

We arrived around 2:00 pm and were told our "renovated" room would not be ready until 4:00 but we could have an older room if we wanted one right away. We opted to wait, and are glad we did. The 24th floor room was very spacious, bright, comfortable, and clean. It had a mini kitchen with fridge, coffee maker and dishes. The bed was comfortable as well, and we enjoyed two good nights sleep.

We went to the roof top pool which offered warm water, lots of sunshine, and a great view of the city.

We also stopped by the mezzanine bar for a couple of drinks and appitizers which were very good and well priced.

Of special note is the fact that every hotel staff menber we talked to during our stay was very helpful and friendly.

Favoured with good weather, we enjoyed the long walk to the old city each day, and took a $12.00 cab ride back at the end of the day.

The walk must have been good for us because we didn't put on a pound inspite of some very good and rich meals during our visit to Montreal.

We would recomment "Le Cantile" to anyone visiting Montreal

Room Tip: Not all rooms have been renovated, so ask for one that has been.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MPAnderson001
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Great staff- every one of them. Needed a/c help and fixed right away. Personal concierge services freely given. Good resto on site. Location near McGill and all kinds of great restos. But this boutique hotel was a real find...enough to make me abandon collecting points from my frequent-stay brand.

• Stayed: September 2012