See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 1, 2018

This is the worst hotel with overpriced accommodations considering the ongoing construction that is not mentioned in the online booking ads. The hotel is in a great state of disrepair, the food is terrible, the service as well needs an overhaul and sadly it was one of my favorites back in the day. Good luck if you decide to be ripped off and stay here.

Room Tip: Always request the higher floors and no screaming children.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank mar1_from
Reviewed July 16, 2018

The hotel is currently being worked on so it looks a bit rough on the outside with partially stripped paint and construction equipment. Guests have to enter through what appears to be the basement with a security desk from the large parking lot. The guard directed me to the floor above where the reception was located. There is a small business center with computers, and free (very well functioning) WiFi throughout the hotel. I received a friendly greeting and the check-in process was quick. My room was spacious, the bathroom was clean and there was a refrigerator as well as a set-up for in-room coffee or tea. The sleep quality was very good. I did not like the truly awful views over what appears to be a tire junk yard and some industrial or commercial storage buildings & lots. There was a half bottle of coke from a previous guest left in the refrigerator and a significant amount of cobwebs in the corner above the curtains. It was okay for the one night I had to stay in Montreal but if I went again for a longer pleasure trip, I would not choose this hotel. The manager on duty at check-out was not friendly and spoke French very fast without even trying English. I did like the complimentary breakfast, which featured continental items along with waffles, eggs, crepes and sausages.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Inspite I paid cash They took from my card
Also extra fees as reservation fee not mentioned in advance prior booking
Also every night they took pre authorisation fee
Till now no refunds although they promised 2 days to 5 days all will be refunded

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Nader A, General Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear Ms. Alisa

I apologize profoundly for that error, and if you can please e-mail me at gm@qualityhoteldorval.com the conf number so I can ensure the refund is expedited

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Was not advise that the whole outside of the hotel is under construction. You have to go in a side entrance then up an elevator to get to the reception area. There are Inuit people staying on the bottom floor and there is a lot of security there. They are ushered in and out, and a security guard knocks on their doors at night to see if they are in there room and who else is in there with them.

Stayed: June 2018
Nader A, General Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Dear Bonnie L

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way. how disappointing for us to read that we did not live up to the expectations

After having renovated the interior of the hotel, at this moment we are in the midst of renovating the exterior of the property and are very excited to unveil our new look. We hope you will return to experience it.

For last week we had a group from up North that stayed here and for their own security we added the security guards.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services for our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We chose this hotel based on price and location as the Grand Prix was in Montreal the same weekend we had a family commitment. Our usual choice was charging $350 a night and this was $159 a night. Pricey for a Quality but "what the market can bear".
Check in was extremely slow and the man doing check in announced everyone's room numbers to the general public, not normally done at any hotel.
The room was very dated but adequate and you don't pay for parking.
The breakfast was the usual microwaved eggs and sugary pastries.
I wanted to check out by phone but it was always busy.
The clerk was not pleasant and never bothered to ask how our stay was.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple