“Stay, park and fly”

Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
Ranked #126 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 2, 2012

It's our third time at the Quality Dorval as a stay, park and fly. We are very happy with the room and staff. The room are very clean and spacious and we appreciate that plate with our name wrote in chocolate with those 2 pieces of chocolate, for us it's shows that they want us to fell special. We will recommend this place specially if you have to take the plane. There is a shuttle 24/24 seven days a week +up to 21 days parking included. The drivers are very polite. The only think negative there are no breakfeast included with the park and fly. Even if it would be coffee and muffins to serve went we leave in the morning, it would be nice. We will book again with them at our next trip.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pierrette R
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

The hotel management and staff are very grateful for your kind response, we always thrive on personalized service , though breakfast is not included in the package of the Park and Fly we always have our complementary Coffee / Tea station available for the early check outs

There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport

Reviewed October 1, 2012

So many great things about this hotel . Front desk staff were very good . Room was clean and spacious.... no problem here . The instructions on how to get there are very fuzzy and unclear if you are not familiar with the area . The hotel is in an industrial area with a bunker war like concrete look about it . There is nothing nearby . I mean NOTHING . Just blocks and blocks of industrial buildings . Don't even think about going to find a place to eat unless you have very detailed instructions . If you miss one turn , you will literally be lost for hours in that industrial wasteland . Even the locals get lost. The nearest area with a few restaurants is far and again very confusing on how to get there and back . One of the reviewers mentioned that there was a shuttle service not only to the airport but also to the bus stop and the mall . If this is in fact the case I would highly recommend venturing out using the shuttle . The way the streets and highways intertwine is totally illogical . Whoever designed this area must have been intoxicated .One more issue . If you take the shuttle to the airport it is an excellent service . However when you return from your trip and want to get back to the hotel it is very confusing because some of the shuttles have Quality Inn Suites ,others Quality Inn, while others Quality Hotel . Make sure you take the right one or you will find yourself driven to the wrong hotel . Oh..one more thing ,we were under the impression that breakfast was included but this was not the case . Perhaps the website should post that breakfast is not included and state the price of breakfast since realistically you do not have the option of going somewhere else because of the geographical limitations .

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

The hotel management and staff are very grateful for your kind response especially the title of it, and as for the hotel location indeed there were some road construction going on Cote De Liesse that affected all of the airport hotels this summer, which is coming to an end shortly
For now we have been sending written e-mails to all guests directing them to take Hi Way 13 to come to our property as it eliminates the road construction

In addition to our own Restaurants there is a mall within 5 or 10 minutes from us which we transport our guests there on a complementary basis

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at the Quality Dorval during the busiest time I am sure, Grand Priz. I booked a large group of people 30 plus and at the best of times this is usually quite a task for hotel staff. I book at several hotels at all different types of the year and this hotel was by FAR the best experience I have had from start to finish. From afar the reservations were handled with extreme professionalism and accurancy. I also booked a meeting room for one of the nights and catering and the catering department followed the lead of the reservations in providing me with excellent service. Then upon arrival I was greated with a bathrobe (with my name engraved in it) roses and a choclate platter...I felt like a princess. I was a bit nervous as my French isn't up to par but I didn't have one problem during the entire trip. The group I was hosting all arived at random times and found that the service was excellent throughout the weekend. It is a difficult group to manage and Quality Dorval did such a excellent job I would book there again in a heartbeat!

Besides the service, the rooms were very clean and the beds were AWESOME! I just about didn't have a chance to try the resturant but as I was waiting for a cab to the airport the Manager pulled me in to the restuarant and offered me a complimentary meal...another example of their great hospitality. The meal I had was excellent and they have plenty on the menu. After the event I recieve feedback from my attendee's adn I have never recieved so many positive responses as I did from this trip. I would highly recomend this hotel for a vacation or for a large group booking!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

• The hotel management and staff are very grateful for your kind response, we always thrive on personalized service ,

• We look forward for all your upcoming group stays on next year Grand Prix

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We travelled to Montreal in late August and then wanted to go to thousand islands for the weekend. This hotel was perfect we had nice room and the staff were wonderful. They treated us the way we wanted to be treated. The room was very clean and well looked after. The next time we go to Montreal i will be back for sure. I am just new to Trip Advisor but I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

The hotel management and staff are very grateful for your kind response , We look forward for all your upcoming stays

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My wife and I live in Ottawa, but our trip to Cuba started in Montreal which meant we needed to drive to Montreal and leave our car. We did a similar trip in 2009 and stayed at this hotel. When our travel agent made some more expensive suggestions I did some digging to find this hotel again. We paid something in the ball-park of $180 for the night, but this includes parking for two weeks and gets us to the airport for our early flight in comfort. Yes the price includes the shuttle as well. This is an airport hotel, and as you may have guessed you should not expect anything fancy. The lobby is very nice, the check-in staff was very pleasant and the sheets were clean. The carpet just inside the door in our room was stained and the lady checking us out in the morning was in a grumpy mood, but other than that the room was adequate. I highly recommend this place if you are flying out of Montreal. It is a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrhenniger

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in a recently renovated room. Better then any Hilton I have ever stayed at. Treated like an honored relative. Room was first class, hotel had statues, waterfalls, etc.inside and nice pool outside. Food was just OK. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

The hotel management and staff are very grateful for your kind response , we feel that we are as equal as any deluxe chain hotel out there with our personalized service

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were stuck into this hotel by Air Canada because our flight connection was missed - they had a big sign at the desk welcoming people with cancelled flights so this must be Air Canada's contract hotel.

Upon arrival we were checked into a room where there were light bulbs that did not work and hair in the tub. We complained and were given a new room - only to find in this one a broken lamp that looked like a fire hazard, and also a dirty bathroom again. At this point we were just tired and wanted to rest, so we gave up did not bother changing rooms again. After this, I decided to take a shower - upon which I discovered that the shower wand did not properly attach into the socket so it was IMPOSSIBLE to simply stand under the shower - you HAD to use the wand.

To top off the comically poor condition of this hotel, there was some strange sticky substance all over the side of the TV - I don't even want to know what that is. Carpets are also not very clean.

TLDR; This place is as close to "a dump" as I have ever been in in a name-brand chain hotel.

Room Tip: Best room would be found at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brunes
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

The Hotel management would like to apologize for this bad experience, 90% of the hotel are completely renovated so the odds were that this was one of the old section rooms that are being converted now…we would appreciate if the guests can please contact us at 1-800-361-6243 as ask for Mr. Nader Abdelnour or Mr. Daulat Dipshan (President) to get some info on the room you stayed

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport
Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments

Been to Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport? Share your experiences!