“Great Overnight Hotel for Parking and Early Morning Flight”

Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
Ranked #125 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa
“Great Overnight Hotel for Parking and Early Morning Flight”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My wife and I live in Ottawa, but our trip to Cuba started in Montreal which meant we needed to drive to Montreal and leave our car. We did a similar trip in 2009 and stayed at this hotel. When our travel agent made some more expensive suggestions I did some digging to find this hotel again. We paid something in the ball-park of $180 for the night, but this includes parking for two weeks and gets us to the airport for our early flight in comfort. Yes the price includes the shuttle as well. This is an airport hotel, and as you may have guessed you should not expect anything fancy. The lobby is very nice, the check-in staff was very pleasant and the sheets were clean. The carpet just inside the door in our room was stained and the lady checking us out in the morning was in a grumpy mood, but other than that the room was adequate. I highly recommend this place if you are flying out of Montreal. It is a good deal.

1 Thank mrhenniger
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
The hotel management and staff are very grateful for your kind response , We look forward for all your upcoming stays

Nader Abdelnour
Executive Assistant manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in a recently renovated room. Better then any Hilton I have ever stayed at. Treated like an honored relative. Room was first class, hotel had statues, waterfalls, etc.inside and nice pool outside. Food was just OK. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
The hotel management and staff are very grateful for your kind response , we feel that we are as equal as any deluxe chain hotel out there with our personalized service

We look forward for all your upcoming stays

Nader Abdelnour
Executive Assistant manager
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were stuck into this hotel by Air Canada because our flight connection was missed - they had a big sign at the desk welcoming people with cancelled flights so this must be Air Canada's contract hotel.

Upon arrival we were checked into a room where there were light bulbs that did not work and hair in the tub. We complained and were given a new room - only to find in this one a broken lamp that looked like a fire hazard, and also a dirty bathroom again. At this point we were just tired and wanted to rest, so we gave up did not bother changing rooms again. After this, I decided to take a shower - upon which I discovered that the shower wand did not properly attach into the socket so it was IMPOSSIBLE to simply stand under the shower - you HAD to use the wand.

To top off the comically poor condition of this hotel, there was some strange sticky substance all over the side of the TV - I don't even want to know what that is. Carpets are also not very clean.

TLDR; This place is as close to "a dump" as I have ever been in in a name-brand chain hotel.

Room Tip: Best room would be found at another hotel.
2 Thank brunes
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
The Hotel management would like to apologize for this bad experience, 90% of the hotel are completely renovated so the odds were that this was one of the old section rooms that are being converted now…we would appreciate if the guests can please contact us at 1-800-361-6243 as ask for Mr. Nader Abdelnour or Mr. Daulat Dipshan (President) to get some info on the room you stayed
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed August 20, 2012

What you need to know about this hotel are its two main drawbacks. First, it is far from the metro. You cannot walk there. You have to take a taxi or a bus (take bus 100 or 460; walk out of the hotel and turn right about 200 feet to the bus stop). The bus is $3 each way but includes a metro transfer. Second, this part of town is under road construction -- serious, multi-year road work. Your GPS nav system may fail to route you so be prepared with a mental map or paper road map to help you.

Two of the three front desk clerks whom I approached gave us a snotty attitude, which we think was because we don't speak French.

If you can afford a nice hotel in the Old Town, then do it. If not, only stay here if you think you will save money and don't mind the inconvenience of negotiating bus and metro to reach your destinations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
The hotel management wish to apologize for the inconvenience, the hotel does offer a complementary shuttle to take our guests to the Metro station which is located 10 minutes away (Du College or De La Savane) however we only go there between 10 AM to 3 PM and again after 7:00 PM till Midnight the time of the last metro to avoid the heavy traffic

As for the road construction the easiest way to avoid that is to use Hi way 13 instead of the Exit Cote De Liesse as avoid the Montee de Liesse exit where all the repairs are

I apologize on behalf of the whole staff for the impression you got from the 2 Front Desk agents, but most certainly we welcome all type of guests as 50% of our guests are English speaking
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel is just okay. Room was quite small and tired looking with very basic amenities. I found there to be an unpleasant odour in the hallways and room.... kind of smelled like a sweaty gym. The positive qualities of the hotel were the friendly staff, free shuttle and restaurant onsite (food was alright - nothing great). Doubt I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times now and usually everything goes well.
The rooms are clean and heating and cooling systems work well. Staff are always friendly and the parking deal is a good idea.

This is a great hotel for travellers if you need to be near the airport.
I would caution buyers to check and get in writing the price of the room beforehand to avoid surprises at check-out which is what happened to me.

I booked a room for $114 which became 127$ when I checked out.

One of 2 scenarios is possible:
1) The bed and breakfast deal, although booked for 2 people only included breakfast for 1
2) The price of the bed and breakfast deal was changed bewteen my booking it and checking out
At the desk I was told that there was an extra cost for the second breakfast, that's 13$ for one person!!!
Even more interesting: I then went onto the website and booked the same deal again and the price came up $114!!!

I am not certain what is going on here but I was disappointed that the 2 adults and one breakfast was not made clear beforehand. Upon checking my confirmation, it clearly lists 2 adults and no price for the room.
Please make sure you have the price for your room before checking in.

Room Tip: Don't bother with breakfast here - it's way too expensive for what it is
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NaderAbdelnour, Manager at Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
The hotel management wish to apologize for the inconvenience, the Bed & Breakfast Package is indeed at 114$ for 2 people staying in a Queen size bed, and what happened is that the room type was upgraded to a King size bed which resulted in the 9.00$ increase
Please contact the hotel directly and we are more than happy to waive the 9$ extra charged on your card
Outaouais
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed there before our family trip to Cuba. I started to speak with a lady at the reception and told her my preference for a corner room and did not get it. She had to answer the telephone and a man took over. It seems that the client is not important - the telephone is the priority - not the person in front of you. Although the hotel is clean, the lobby is old and needs to be renovated. The rooms need some tender loving care and should be renovated as well. The hallways are dark and their is a stale smell. This is my third and last stay at this property. The location is convenient but I will not return or recommend this property. The shuttle service is good but the driver left us to our car in the parking lot and my husband had to walk in the rain to ask somebody in the office to open the gate. The gentleman at the desk thinks he has everything under control but he did not listen to me and will not see us again at this hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn next door will be my choice for our future vacation.

Room Tip: They do not listen . . .
1 Thank anikchantal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#6 of 7 in Dorval
Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport

Been to Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport? Share your experiences!