Hyatt Regency Montreal
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$377
3,002 results
All reviewsplace des artscomplexe desjardinsjeanne mancejazz festivalunderground mallself parkindoor poolrenovated roomper dayst catherine streetbit datedvalet parkinghotel barhotel is in a great locationmini fridgeold portlobby
Reviewed September 5, 2006

Great location --walk to great restaurants/clubs of St Denis & Plateau, downtown core, historical Old Montreal, McGill U. and is by Metro for anywhere else. Mall below convenient for "breakfast" and Budget rental too.

Great service --baggage, concierge, reception extremely helpful in locating "Bell Store"-- he made over 5 calls for us.

Nice room, with a view,even on "second" floor (really, the 6th ), comfy beds and great maid service too. Lovely pool -with a large glass roof--only complaint is minor -no hottub.
Made for a truly wonderful and memorable "Montreal experience" . Loved it and will be back!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank william mudpucker
Reviewed September 4, 2006

We spent Labor Day weekend at the Hyatt with our 5 month old baby. The rooms are large and clean it is clear that the hotel has been renovated. The location is great and the staff was OK. We asked for a crib every night but received it only on the last night. We booked our room through Price Line and got an awesome deal which made our stay even better.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank gulig
Reviewed August 29, 2006

Just returned from a week at the Hyatt in Montreal. I was disappointed with the overall condition of the hotel compared to other Hyatt properties I have enjoyed. The hotel was very dark with low ceilings in the halls, dark coloured walls and poor lighting. The bathroom in our room was very poorly lit and you could not see yourself in the mirror to properly apply makeup. The grout around the tub was dirty.
Each time you entered the hotel you had to take two elevators as the main foyer is located on the fourth floor of the hotel. This was very inconvenient as there were often large groups of people waiting for the elevator.
We had specified in our reservation there would be three people in the room yet we repeatedly had to ask for the right amount of towels, coffee cups, glasses etc.
After we checked out we realized we had left a cell phone charger in the room. The staff insisted there was nothing left in the room and were very unco-operative.
Overall we expected more from a four star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Paulyester
Reviewed August 28, 2006

For US$ 117 (Hotwire), it was a good deal (especially for a Tuesday night) and is within walking distance to Old Montreal (where we may stay next time). The bathroom has only two small halogen ceiling lights (one each above the mirror and the toilet) so the shower is dark and it was difficult for me to shave and for my wife to put on makeup. Why can't they all make bathrooms like La Quinta, with lots of room and light?!? Overall we would recommend the Hyatt though, with its modern and nice furnishing. They give you a cube fridge to store your own stuff and a one-cup coffee maker. We did not have problems navigating the dual elevator system that probably keeps street people from wandering into the hotel. Parking is not cheap, at CN$19/night self-park and CN$26 valet but this is typical in nice downtown hotels. Check-in & out was painless and the staff were pleasant. Buy your coffee outside, for the lobby bar charged me CN$4.70 for a medium-sized cup of "Charbucks" on my way out, ouch.

Lastly, the nice concierge fellow sent us to Eggspectation, a Canadian chain, for a late breakfast in Old Montreal. We would have preferred being sent to one of the neat looking small bistros we saw later when walking around, but it was okay. It is like a classier combination of LePeep and Le Madeleine restaurants. Our entrees (eggs Benedict & crepes) were good but their "Bunn" coffee was institutional tasting, bleh.

PS: When I got a BK hamburger while waiting for our return flight at the Montreal airport, I could empathize with Bruce Willis' character, Jimmy 'The Tulip' Tudeski, who said that he would kill the next person who put mayo on his hamburger in Canada :-).

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank T-Bird86
Reviewed August 13, 2006

This is a typical well run Hyatt. Overall, my two night stay was very enjoyable.
I have an older wireless laptop using the "b" standard wireless card, the slowest and least advanced. (Even most of the cheapest laptops sold today have moved to the next wireless level, the "g" standard while the higher "a" standard may be found on premium laptops.) When I told the desk I was having problems connecting and staying connected to the net I was advised to call tech support. I was getting either lower signal strength or no signal strength. Tech support told me to go to the desk and borrow an adaptor kit. I did so and the kit came w/o instructions, so I plugged it in both as an antenna and a power supply. This didn't help. Curious as to whether my laptop had been damaged since I last used it, I asked the concierge if there were any free wireless cafes in town. He didn't think so. However, walking around I found a couple and found my older wireless laptop worked great in them w/o an adaptor.
I returned to my room and discovered by accident that if I just plugged the adaptor into the laptop but not into a power source, the adaptor made my laptop work perfectly.
The hotel removed the internet access charge from bill for my trouble.
I have had wireless internet hassles in some hotels but not others; the class or price of the hotel does not seem to be a factor in hassles or no hassles.
Wired internet access is certainly a nice amenity, especially as hotels staffs seemed untrained in wireless access problems.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jonsail