Stayed at this property recently - this was my 3rd stay in the past 4 years, the first occurred when this hotel was under the Wyndham flag. The difference is barely noticeable.
Overall, this hotel is quite good for a downtown Montreal property. However, it is (and has been) consistently a 3-star property rather than a 4-star property which is low for a traveller's expectations of a Hyatt.
The rooms were nicely decorated with a modern look. Furnishings and carpet were generally good. We had a 10th floor room which was an upgrade to the Regency Club - the only noticeable difference was the furnishings which had a more sophisticated look.
- Desk staff are friendly and helpful
- Pool and outdoor terrace are very nice and well kept (including gardens)
- Pool is staffed by a trained lifeguard
- Overall appearance of the hotel is clean and polished
- Beds are comfortable
- Lack of a fitted sheet on the bed (as others noted)
- Elevators to the hotel from the street level are slow
- Restaurant is expensive and ordinary, breakfast buffet is basic and overpriced
- In-room coffee set provided for 1-cup packet only (they willingly brought more when asked)
- Ceilings in room entrance and bathroom showed signs of wear
- Water pressure in tub was only adequate and whiny
- Windows were dirty (as others noted)
- A/C was difficult to operate (as others noted)
Overall, I would stay there again but might also give others a try to improve on some of the finer touches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Montreal is conveniently located in the heart of the Quartier des spectacles of Montreal. Its 595 suites and comfortable rooms offer breathtaking views of Montreal. The hotel provides to its guests access to its indoor pool, spa services, fitness room, and offers 35,000 square feet (3200 square meters) of event space. Hyatt Regency Montreal has two restaurants, the Saveur for breakfast and SIX Resto Lounge and its Wine Bar for dinner. On summer season, SIX Resto Lounge terrace on level 6 offers an unbeatable view of Place des Festivals. The hotel is situated a few minutes walk from Old Montreal, the Museum of Contemporary Art and Place des Arts, Chinatown, the famous Underground City, the Convention Center of Montreal, 2 subway lines and adjacent to the Complexe Desjardins and its 110 shops and restaurants. Hyatt Regency Montreal is the first choice for those who want to stay in downtown Montreal and experience the Montreal way of life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel Montreal
- Hyatt Montreal
- Montreal Hyatt Regency