“wow wow wow high end”

Ranked #57 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Armstrong, Canada
“wow wow wow high end”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel was beyond beautiful in the downtown of Montreal. The lounge restaurant was to die for. I loved hanging out at the friendly Bar and lounge. The ladies that work there are genuine and delightful. They had everyone interacting and feeling comfortable. Pricing was out of this world though. Glass of wine and wings were $40.00. Delicious.

The room was clean luxurious and comfortable. Coffee was okay and it was nice not to have coffee brewing in the bathroom as some high end hotels still do. The concierge service was beyond outstanding and made sure that I had a cab at the correct time each morning. If you need the name of a good driver in downtown Montreal that won't rip you off and is very respectful and helpful please message me on here. He is worth using.

I had no problem with the english/french situation as they were fully bilingual. Impressive.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 5, 2014

2nd time at this hotel for a weekend away from the kids. We wanted to spend a relaxing weekend doing nothing but relaxing and unfortunately we realized the Hyatt couldn't compare to other 4-star hotels in the area. Since our goal was to simply relax and stay in this time, the hotel was going to be tested.

Underground parking was nice, keep driving inside the garage till you see the hotel signs. It can be a bit far from where you parked. But still nice to be right under the hotel, especially during bad weather. Check-in was fast and friendly, but they put us in an adjoining room and we could hear everything in the next room (what they were saying, what TV shows they were watching, etc.) so we asked to switch rooms.

Rooms are over all nice and clean, quiet, and beds are good. Bathrooms are small and not the greatest but I can live with the average rating since it was clean. We decided to rent a movie and stay in on our first night, $17/movie and the quality was so fuzzy (like using antennas) that we had to call front desk to refund our money! We wanted room service but couldn't justify $18/burger so we just went to the 2nd floor food court and picked up some $5/burgers.

Gym had enough equipment to keep me busy and the pool was nice. The indoor swimming pool is heated so great for kids but is small and can get crowded quickly. Internet was $15/day which is excessive but there are free internet options in the lobby and shopping mall food court if you need it. There were quite a few conventions that weekend so the lobby can get quite busy.

We had read bad reviews about the breakfast buffet but wanted to give it a try anyways... What a mistake! $20/cold continental breakfast or $25/warm breakfast. Seriously? I've had some amazing breakfast buffets, none of them were worth $25/person... Sadly, this one fell so far off the mark it was embarrassing and awkward for paying customers. Omelette cook went missing and wasn't around for 15 minutes, food was not filled, selection was TERRIBLE, and you can't order off the menu till much later. Compared to the $18 breakfast buffet at the Omni Hotel, this one loses by a long shot!

Overall, the location is good; close to Old Montreal and across the street from Chinatown. Be careful coming here during event nights at the convention center since everyone parks in the same underground garage. The hotel above a small mall is really convenient to get what you need, especially food from the food court! Unfortunately, the beauty of the hotel couldn't hide some quality issues for guest.

Parking options: Outdoor private lot $14/day... Underground garage $20/day... Front door valet $32/day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Khoazy
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Weekend getaway and stayed at the Hyatt. Great trendy decor and design in the lobby, lounge etc... Staff was good, one lady in particular was very informative when asked what we could do on a saturday day. All general areas seemed to be clean as was the pool. Pool was a nice plus and the nice water temperature and lounge chairs were nice. Also, location is great being pretty much downtown and walking distance to Bell Centre, Eaton Centre, Ste-Catherine's, Old Montreal etc...

All in all, it was a fun weekend and I would definitely want to stay at the Hyatt again next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pascal G
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Easily one of the worst Hyatt Regency Rooms I have ever stayed in. On the first night there was strange sounds coming from the heater vent - Room 946. I requested a room change and was moved to Room 933. See the enclosed pictures to know how bad a room can get. I had no energy left to complain - so frustrated that I post this review from the hotel.

The staff are good and the breakfast is excellent, as is the location of the hotel. Yet for a business traveller what matters is the room and the pictures will tell you just how cheated you will feel

Room Tip: Just dont choose this hotel i dont think there are any GOOD rooms !!
5 Thank eskay1103

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Toronto
Reviewed March 21, 2014

ok, so I asked 3 times for a corner room. When I booked, when I called to confirm, and when I checked in. If one was not available that would have been fine. What irked me was that on all three occasions I was assured I had a corner room. On check in I asked him to confirm, he looked me in the eye and said yes it was a corner. guess what, no corner room and in fact an adjoining room out of all things near the elevator. I called down, it rang and rang and rang -- I was beat so crashed and thought I would deal with it the next day, turns out it was quiet enough so sucked it up. Bed very comfortable, ridiculous charge for internet........great location. it was an ok stay f or what I needed

Room Tip: well it does not matter what you want ;) Somehow I think you will get what you are given!
Ontario
Reviewed March 20, 2014

LOVE this place but my opinion is based on the Regency perks.

Looks like there were recent renovations because the carpets and facilities overall are very clean and chic. The rooms are nice and big. Bathrooms are clean, look new with great water pressure and temperature.

The complimentary breakfast and the regency club lounge are what won me over.... the breakfast buffet has your usual omelette station, yogurt, juices, bread, pastries etc. The louge has afternoon tea, hors d'oeuvres, dessert in the eve and juices, water, soda etc. Its a very comfortable place to sit and relax.

The location is great - especially in the summer when the festivals start.

Lastly - the service is great - everyone is friendly and really try to make your stay pleasant.

The one and only improvement I can suggest is the check out process. A bill slipped under my door would be great instead of checking out at the counter. Alternatively, if express check out is available then maybe it needs to be advertised better.

Still - having stayed at the Fairmont and other chains in Mtl - the Hyatt is by far a superior experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We got a great deal on two rooms through hotwire. I read the reviews and saw lots of complaints about quality so I was a little skeptical, but I was pleasently surprised. We called ahead of time to request connecting rooms. We were told to guarantee that would be an extra fee, but they could note it as our preference at no charge. They also asked us what kind of beds we want. We we arrive the staff were very friendly. They gave us connecting rooms with king size beds just as requested.

The hotel is connected to the Complex Dejardins mall. Not the best mall for shopping but it does have a grocery store, liquor store, and a drug store in it. We parked in the Complex Dejardins parking. Its a much better deal then the hotels valet parking IF you don't need your car while you are in Montreal. This was no problem as the hotel and mall are connected underground to both the Orange and Green subway lines. You don't even have to go outside if you don't want to.

Our rooms was very nice. The decorations were kind of dated, but in good shape. The bathroom was very small, and I would say that would be my only complaint. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the view of the downtown from the window was fabulous.

If you are looking to explore downtown Montreal and Old Montreal and need a clean and comfortable place close by to lay your head then this hotel is for you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends