“Nice hotel. Location is not bad.”

Hyatt Regency Montreal
Ranked #58 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice hotel. Location is not bad.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I didn’t intend to go to this hotel. It was designated for me on a third party hotel reservation website. I stayed there for 1 night with my wife. If you are driving there, you have the options of valet or self parking. I chose valet and costs $35.00 for a night. The service was quick. If you need your car, just call ahead from your room. Your car will be ready as you arrive at the door. The check-in process was quick. I was upgraded to a Regency Club room which breakfast and hors d’oeuvre are included. The room I took was a King bed. There was not much of a view. The bathroom was really small to my standard. The size of the room isn’t too bad. However, I suggest the hotel to change the A/C system in the room. It got really noisy at night and it woke me up. I had to turn it off so I could sleep.

The location of this hotel is not bad, not amazing. You are close to Ste-Catherine East but most actions are in the West. You have access to Complex Desjardins which is a mall that connects to the hotel. You can easily access the underground shopping centre. I believe it’s still one of the biggest ones in the world. If you would like to visit China town, it’s only a five minute walk. If you are going to Place des Arts for a show, it’s a two minute walk. The pool is an indoor pool. I didn’t go to the gym but it’s a good size. The restaurant inside the hotel is nicely decorated but the food isn’t that great. Overall, I find this a three and half stars hotel if you have to pay the full price for it. If you ask me if I would return….probably not if I have to pay. It’s not a bad hotel but it could be better.

Room Tip: High floors is good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Worldtluxtraveller
peter_cappello, Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear SamprasCanada,

Thanks so much for the review, I do hope you will come back again.

Warm regards,

P.Cappello
Management
peter.cappello@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Flushing, New York
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel was centrally located within the Entertainment District of Montreal also within walking distance to Old Montreal, Downtown, Latin Quarter, China Town, and the Village. the hotel is attached to the Underground. During my stay I was able to experience the 25th Franco Follies d Montreal , the hotel has a outdoor patio accompanied by a wet bar offset the pool area which overlooked the whole festival. Other than being clean and well furnished my room wasn't anything special just a standard "Cookie Cutter" hotel room which I didn't mind, I didn't spend too much time in my room. The Staff was Great throughout my stay from Check in, Turn Down service and the Concierge Assisted me with setting up a day Tour. This is where I will stay when in Montreal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear odajojo83,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am very happy that your expectations were met by our amazing location and wonderful staff. Hopefully we can make this an annual occurrence!

Please do let me know if I can assist with your future accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Montreal.

P.Cappello
Management
peter.cappello@hyatt.com
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt several times when I arrive in Montreal. The location is excellent near Old Montreal, along St Catherine Street and close to the Metro. I had an executive suite and was extremely spacious, clean and had all the requirements I needed..free internet, breakfast etc..Plenty of Cafe's and Restaurants. The Regency Club room was a great idea for guests and privacy. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a lovely view overlooking the Arts Center with a spectacular fountain lights in the evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Azeena J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Mrs Kelbarbary E,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for staying with us and for the great summary of our hotel.

I would love to help you with your accommodations on your next trip to Montreal, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Blackfalds, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This Hyatt is in the perfect location to anything and everything, and if isnt nearby, the Metro is right around the corner. The lobby and all area's of this hotel are imaculate! I loved the mobile check in, and check out options, every hotel should have this. The staff were all very friendly as well. The only reason I gave this hotel an average rating was due to the rooms. It looks like they were recently renovated, maybe within a year or two, however they are not up to similar Hyatt properties I have stayed at. The room was fine for me, dont get me wrong as I am not a picky person, the only thing that made me not like the room was mostly the Bed. The bed was near as hard as the floor. I personally like plush, however I don't expect this in many hotels. However, this bed was beyond reasonable and meant many nights with little to no sleep as I could not get comftorable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. GregRD

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re sorry that you had a difficult time sleeping and were disappointed with your bed. Our Hyatt King Grand Beds are appreciated by so many of our guests, but perhaps there is an issue in that particular room. We will certainly have our housekeeping management team look into this. We are very happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and our newly renovated Lobby.

Should your travels bring you back to Montreal, please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally assist with arranging your accommodations.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I spent two days here before our cruise and I must admit that I was a bit worried about reading previous reviews. I needn't have worried as we had a wonderful two days. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. We stayed in 808, which overlooked the Place des Arts and was a great view. We had to wait a little while for our room to be ready, so we went down to the underground shopping centre for lunch. The hotel charges for wifi in the rooms, but if you sign up to become a Hyatt member the wifi is free. We didn't eat in the hotel as there was a really good breakfast place around the corner called Eggspectation. There is also a food court in the shopping complex if you want a quick lunch.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and once we had sorted out the wifi problem all was well.

Room Tip: Room 808 has a great view of the Plas des Arts and Mont Royal.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Azeena J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Jillian M,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am delighted to hear about your wonderful stay with us! I speak on behalf of our entire team when I say how much I love reading about how helpful and friendly our staff is.

Please feel free to contact me the next time you decide to visit our city.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for eight nights at the end of May 2013 while I was at a conference with my wife. This was a great location near China Town and near the stops for the Green and Orange Metro lines. Good bus service from the near by UQAM (Jean Mance) corner. Plenty of restaurants and bars around. The hotel bar and restaurant is very stylish but somewhat pricey. Great pool, patio and exercise room. Connected to Place Desjardin shopping centre which was very convenient for snacks and other shopping. Opens out onto the gorgeous Place des Artes. St. Catherine street was pedestrians only and a great place to walk. Many performances on the street and great for people watching. The old town was just a short walk away as well. The rooms were comfortable but could use some maintenance. The toilet ran continuously and the hair dryer did not work. The replacement hair dryer provided had an extremely short cord. Noise from the elevator was a little disturbing. All in all a good place to stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Kumar S

We are so happy to read your comments following your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Montreal. I'm delighted to read that you loved the location and the facilities.

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review!

Kindest Regards
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have traveled to Montreal on four previous occasions and and this time I put my foot down and insisted on a central, vibrant, clean neighbourhood. We achieved this with Hyatt Regency. Close to Place des Arts, we were mere steps from the Metro. Because our sights were set on above-ground activities, I regret to say we didn't even checkout what was in the underground area directly below the hotel.

How was the hotel itself? Clean and reasonably spacious. Our request for adjoining rooms was honoured. Our bags were cared for between our early arrival and when our room was ready. We slept well in comfortable beds and climate controlled rooms. Rooms were quiet room to room, and room to hall although I was too aware of the street noise 8 stories below. I was very worried as we looked out over the Place des Arts and watched two huge outdoor stages being set up ... had those stages been in action while we were there I think that the noise would be too much to sleep through.

I have to say that a major annoyance was the elaborate elevator system moving in and out from the hotel: down by stairs from street level, up by short express elevator to the lobby, and across to the main elevators up to room level (and these seemed to make phantom stops en route). I don't think we ever became sure we were taking the correct elevators or entrances. There's really nothing for it: the entrances and levels are what they are.

Our major shock -- and this was largely our fault -- but we headed to the breakfast buffet (tired and hungry from a red-eye flight) without checking the price. The final tally was over $100 for four, for a very mediocre buffet. A particular horror were the pre-cooked pancakes, as stiff as cardboard. The smoothy was a nice treat and twist, but it was not enough to compensate for otherwise tired food. I had decided this even before we saw the final bill. We exercised other options for the remaining breakfasts.

All said, however, we would stay again, I think ... just not eat there.

Room Tip: If there are outdoor events scheduled at Place des Arts, I would suggest asking for a room facing aw...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SyrinxSounds
Azeena J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear SyrinxSounds,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Hyatt Regency Montreal experience, your feedback mean a lot to us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and would like to inform you that we now have different options for breakfast such as; A la Carte, Continental and Buffet Breakfast.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Montreal in the near future.