Hyatt Regency Montreal
$307
$717
$532
3,002 results
All reviewsplace des artscomplexe desjardinsjeanne mancejazz festivalunderground mallself parkindoor poolrenovated roomper dayst catherine streetbit datedvalet parkinghotel barhotel is in a great locationmini fridgeold portlobby
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel when staying in Montreal. It is situated right in the middle of the city and located right off a pedestrian only street. Also, the performing arts center is right across the street from the hotel.
The rooms looked like they were just redone and very clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
peter_cappello, Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Ronald C,

We are so happy to read your comments following your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Montreal. I' m delighted to read that you loved the location and that we met your expectations!

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Only for the fact that it was a business trip and had to stay there for convenience for 3 nights my stay would only have been one night. Remembering that it is a Hyatt hotel I was still unimpressed on the first morning to find that breakfast was a buffet that was my most expensive breakfast ANYWHERE in the world! The food was ok but I have had better selection in a buffet in South Africa, Switzerland and Ireland at much less cost. There wasn't even smoked salmon on a plate! Wine at $10 per glass certainly curtails ones thirst and drives you out to the local bars nearby. The only saving grace for my partner and I during our stay is that the hotel is directly connected to a large shopping complex so the food court is where we ate when food was not paid for during our conference stay. Not a repeat place for me, however I should add that the staff were friendly. helpful and the girls on the reception desk most pleasant, not so much for the two men who seldom smiled.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank David S
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is an ugly brown block on the outside but inside its a different story. Hotel interior has been refurbished and lobby and common areas look funky and are also functional. My room was spacious and nicely furnished - smallish window - not the full length or height of the room but views through the surrounding buildings.

Excellent housekeeping standards - 12th floor (top floor) team was consistently very good over the six nights I stayed. And I can't recall saying that about a midrange hotel before! Thanks to all who contributed.

WIFI was also excellent except for one day when it seemed to go wonky.

Business centre is small and very difficult to find - hidden near toilets in the bar area.

Food in bar restaurant is modern - some of the servers aren't quite at the standard the hotel seems to now be aiming for - but it's worth dropping by for a bite if you aren't up to going to the old port area - 15 minute walk - where there are heaps of options at a reasonable price.

Montreal is an attractive city - lots of construction going on near the hotel - and a very easy city to get around - very walkable and taxis are cheap. Almost everyone is bi-lingual or school level French will get you by in most transactions. Amusez-vous!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SydneyRaptor
peter_cappello, Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear SydneyRaptor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Montreal. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit.

I am also pleased to hear of the value added by our housekeeping staff, a majority of whom have been here for some time. They certainly take pride in treating every guest as if you were a guest in their own home.

Again, thank you again for taking the time to write. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Montreal in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here with my 15 year old daughter and her friend to go to a concert at the "Metropolis" (three blocks away). I wasn't sure if I would like the concert so I wanted to make sure I at least enjoyed the hotel. I wasn't disappointed in either one. The hotel has a "boutique" feel to it. The beds were super comfortable, including plentiful and comfortable pillows. The bathroom was roomy and very clean. Everything worked (remotes etc. ) except we couldn't get the ipod player to work. We were in room 657, not a great view of the roof of the adjacent building but we were only there for a night so I didn't care. There is a shopping mall underground right next door but we shopped on nearby St. Catherines street instead. I was able to leave the car parked (for $10!) the whole two days as everything was close by. It is a little confusing to get to the car park if you don't want valet service but we managed. There was lots of parking and it felt safe. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 657, not a good view of the roof next door. It was at the far far end of the hallway but away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank getmetoabeachfast

Dear getmetoabeachfast,

Thanks for such a wonderful review! Your experience epitomizes the experience that we wish to give to all of our guests.
I would love to help you with your accommodations on your next trip to Montreal--please don't hesitate to contact me!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is the most horrible hotel I have ever been in my last 15 years in attending conference. Rooms are ver small, stuff is just rude and unprofessional, and a lot of misleading information on the hotel website. Do not even think about the club louage room. Have ever seen even in developing country a lounge where breakfast is taken with other paying guests. Have you ever seen in the world lounge where Nutella is given as a favour, and where coffee is just the most cheap. It's a pure a lie. I have no idea how I'm gonna spend my two more days in this horrible hotel. I will never ever stay here even if I sleep in the street.........I urge decision maker of this hotel to just spend a couple of days in Hilton Toronto, Western Harbout Toronto ....there gonna just quit the business....

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Samir T

Dear Samir T,

Thank you for your feedback. All comments are useful to learn and improve.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the areas of your stay where we fell short of your expectations.
I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this further. You may e-mail me your contact information at peter.cappello@hyatt.com and I will be more than happy to call you.

Kindest Regards,