Hyatt Regency Montreal
Hotel Villa(Montreal)
Hotel Monville(Montreal)
  • Restaurant
3,002 results
All reviewsregency clubplace des artscomplexe desjardinsjeanne mancejazz festivalunderground mallself parkindoor poolrenovated roomper dayst catherine streetbit datedhotel barvalet parkinghotel is in a great locationmini fridgeold port
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for Christmas holidays for a few nights... thought we would stay near downtown with "brand" hotel comfort... didn't quite cut it that way.
Location is good, but entrance is so unwelcomingly hard to find, unless you arrive by car. Access through the mall via elevator brings you directly to the dated lounge bar area and makes you wonder about security breach here (anyone could come around to guest room elevators without going through the front desk).
Guest room is mediocre, dusty with old carpet, and bathroom is old and cramped. Coffee machine is a joke. Internet wifi costs $13 a day.
Mall access is great and you could walk to Place des arts complex and metro station via underground access. But that's all about it. I would feel terribly sorry for anyone who would stay here with regular price. I would not pay more than 80USD for this place as there is no perk nor glamor at this hotel. There are other more decent places to stay in Montréal if you are looking for quality services. I would choose to stay here again only when I would need to choose this location. But if you get a bargain then it may be worth it. Staff were friendly but I felt sorry for them because they could only do so much to make your stay enjoyable when the hotel itself is so aged and lame.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We got a good price for our room on Priceline, but were still not overly-impressed for a Hyatt. The room was okay, but the furnishings were a little tired. But the location is very good - a relatively short walk to both the downtown area (Musee des Beaux-Arts, etc.) and the Vieux Port with its charming shops and restaurants.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Please do something and fast...! The worst of everything since I don't remember when. Poor on all counts except for the dining room where I had a special request that was agreed to with a smile. The Hyatt hotel chain is one that you never know what to expect from one place to the next.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Pourvous
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We are truly disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay, however I am unable to respond since you did not provide any details on what aspects you were less than satisfied with. Our relationship with our Guests is extremely important to us and your feedback is taken very seriously and enables us to correct any deficiencies in either our product or service. Comments are forwarded to the various departments for follow up and action. In this case, I am unfortunately unable to address any issues that need attention. We thank you for being our Guest.
C. Laflamme
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Montreal is a great city and the Hyatt Hotel has the right location for getting to know the city - it is within walking distance to shopping, museums, Old Montreal, the underground city and everything else the city has to offer. The hotel has easy access by public transportation from the airport (the 747 bus), not so easy access to the lobby on arrival (a bit tricky to find it the first time), the room was comfortable with a great view of the Place des Festivals, the bathroom needed a renovation but overall, the location compensates for minor inconveniences. I will definitely go back to the Hyatt on my next trip to Montreal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Place des Festivals.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have just spent four days at the Hyatt and I could have left after one. The rooms were average but clean. I stayed in one of their club rooms and even though it cost a little extra I found it did not match the extra charge. The restaurant and bar was way over priced and I felt that I was not made to feel comfortable in the " lounge" by the staff that oversaw that room. The saving grace was the shopping area under the hotel and the closeness of the underground city. The food court was much better than the hotel and Baton Rouge was just a joke with bad food and worse service. I normally stay at the fairmont but decided to try a change, what a mistake. For the same price I could have had a much better visit to Montreal.
Steve S

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve S

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that you deemed our prices in the lounge higher than you expected, however please rest assured that the prices for a downtown hotel of our calibre in the heart of the entertainment district are extremely competitive with other downtown hotels of similar calibre. I agree with you that Guests truly enjoy the fact that we are connected to a mall downstairs and can access many shops, restaurants, other malls, subway, Place des Arts and the Montreal convention centre indoors, and am pleased that you were able to take advantage of this feature and our prime location. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.