“Hyatt Regency Montreal”

Hyatt Regency Montreal
Ranked #59 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
“Hyatt Regency Montreal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

A good upscale hotel well located across from Place des Art.
It is aging but well maintained with an accomodating, friendly staff.
The bathroom was a bit cramped but all other facilities were fine.
Access is a bit difficult due to street construction, but this is temporary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael B
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments and for having been our Guest. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
C. Laflamme
Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip. This hotel is located right on the less glamourous part St-Catherine Street. It gives you easy access to the nicer part of St-Catherine and all the shopping within a 10 minute walk. The hotel is right next to China Town. It is located above a small mall, which is convenient for it's restaurants, pharmacy and bank machine. My work meetings were at the Palais des Congres (Congress Hall) which was about a 7 minute walk away. My colleagues who stayed at the Inter Continental and the Daulphin were much closer to the congress hall than I was.
There is a weird 2 elevator system to get to your room that proves to be a little bit annoying if you are coming and going a few times a day. The lobby and restaurant/bar are nice and modern.
The gym and the indoor pool are great. The TV in my room did not have a signal 2 mornings out of 4. There is a mini fridge in every room, I put mine to the coldest option and it barely kept anything cold (I was afraid to eat the yogourt I put in there cause it was so close to room temperature).
The bed was not very comfortable, felt the springs in my back. The shower was one of the weirdest configurations ever: The shower head is not in the centre of the shower wall, very close to the shower curtain which made it hard to be under the shower head without having to touch the old shower curtain.
The heating system made a sound every few minutes that drove me crazy and made me think someone was coming into my room every time. It would also keep me from falling asleep at times.
The doormen downstairs were nice and helpful. I ran into the person cleaning my room one day and she was very kind and. The staff at the front desk all looked bitter.
All in all, I am glad work paid for me to stay here. I would not stay here again if I need to come back to Montreal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mep23
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for being our Guest. During your stay, the local cable company was effecting repair work in the downtown sector and all cable was out for 1 1/2 days. We truly apologize for this inconvenience. Unfortunately this was not in our control. In order for the minifridge to function on it's coldest setting, the control dial must be placed on Low (not high), and subsequently the temperature dial on coldest. Since our hotel is located above a Mall, our Guests usually appreciate that the elevators to the rooms are separate from the elevator to the Mall & parking. This provides security for our Guests.We do hope that you will give our hotel another chance in order to experience the Quality & Service Excellence that Hyatt hotels are known for.
C. Laflamme, Director of Guest Services
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I had a great stay here. I loved the bar by the lobby. Check - in was a breeze. All staff were very friendly and were willing to help. Our room was wonderful and very clean. Location is great. Across the street from shopping. Also the hotel is attached to the mall so you can shop til you droo and grab the elevator to the hotel. The subway station is right down the street. Hotel is within walking distance to old town montreal. Oh and by the way. Great breakfast for room service.

Would I stay here again??? I don't see why not. You got everything at your doorstep :))

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank opasna24
I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel! Thank you for your positive comments. Our goal is to always provide the Quality & Service Excellence that Hyatt Hotels are known for. You mentioned enjoying the lobby bar "Six"....I hope you also had the opportunity of experiencing our international wines in our state-of-the-art self-serve wine bar. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Candice Laflamme
Sophia Antipolis, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hyatt Regency in Montreal is well located, within walking distance of convention center, shopping mall and street, university, etc. But I must say that I expected more from a Hyatt. the Check in staff was friendly and helpful, but check in line was a bit long. More staff should have been on duty at the end of the day. The concierge was nowhere to be seen during my three day-stay. The room has nothing particular. Confortable but average. The bathroom was small and disapointing. Shower and sink faucets were 1980's models. It may be time for a make-over . . .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SundayNOLA
Thank you for being our Guest. Although our Concierge service is provided daily from May to September, we do have our Bellmen, Doorman, Valets and Front Desk Agents who are pleased to assist with any information our Guests require. We hope to host you once again whenever your travels bring you back to Montreal.
C.Laflamme
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Location, Mall was convinient, reasonably prices since the other hotels were more expensive...it's close to Old Montreal, China Town and all the shopping and museum attractions... walking distance...there were 7 of us and stayed at adjoining rooms... breakfast per person at $20 was expensive when we stayed at Embassy Suites 2 years ago, it was included in our room rate... so we ate at the mall food court every morning while staying at the Hyatt
I've been to Montreal serveral times staying at the Sheraton, Holiday Inn, and Embassy Suites, what disappointed us was the lack of elavators to our second floor room...we could not access the stairway - you needed a passcode to get to each floor...so it took 30 minutes to get on an elavator and got dirty looks from guests when we got off our floor... layout is confusing, you have to take different elavators to go to your room, to the mall or outside... Guest Services doesn't exist (fend for yourself if you have an Iphone) and calling for room service took forever...the phone ran 10 times before anyone picked up... plus they charge you .05 when you call another room while you're in the hotel??....
I would stay here again if the other hotels don't offer a competative rate because of location only.... and the mall has access to the metro so you have to step outside....parking was reasonable but they charge you $10 each time you take the car out...this is a busy hotel, cruise lines, tour buses and airline employees stay here...

Room Tip: ask for a window view not facing the "ugly construction "
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for being our Guest. We appreciate your comments which assist us in improving both our product & service. As in my response to the Guest below, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences experienced or delays in service due to an extremely busy weekend. Although our goal is to provide Service Excellence at which we are usually quite successful, at times providing service to all our Guests at the same time can be challenging. I truly thank you for your patience and understanding. I do hope you will visit us again in order to experience our usual Service Excellence. ..Candice Laflamme, Director of Guest Services
Moosup, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Three female friends age 34 traveling to Montreal for the weekend. We got to the hotel mid afternoon and checked in quickly. Staff was always polite and when asked Parlez vous anglais? (Yes people its a french-speaking province so be courteous and learn how to say that) we always got "But of course!" Free breakfast was included for all three of us but I must say that if I had to pay I wouldnt have: $75 for three people on mediocre food is ridiculous. So if you dont have coupons or free breakfast walk across the street to Starbucks. The Hotel is beautiful and modern with a nice pool and wrap around terrace that overlooks the busy Centre Des Spectacles. We walked easily to many restaurants, bars, China Town, Old Montreal and Old Port. My only gripe would be the fact that cruise ships were unloading hundreds of travelers into Montreal this weekend and the hotel lobby was always packed and four elevators never seemed to make it to the lobby causing large lines! But otherwise perfectly good centrally located hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the Museum of Contemporary Art
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback & having been our Guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and apologize for the wait for elevators at times. Our hotel is extremely popular with Cruise ships, tours and leisure and Corporate Guests due to our location & service. This was a particularly busy weekend with many guests arriving at the same time. With 607 rooms, at times there is congestion. We do thank you for your patience and understanding. The cost for the full hot & cold breakfast buffet is actually very competitive with major downtown hotels. Given the quantity of food offered, it is more of a "brunch". We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon! Candice Laflamme
Waukegan, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

On Friday, Sept. 21, 2012 Holland American cruise line booked my family of 5 into the Hyatt Regency Montreal for one night prior to board its ship the Maasdam for a 7 night cruise up the St. Lawrence Seaway. Two of my family members were booked into a double occupancy of one room with 2 double beds (adequate). I was booked into a triple occupancy with my older sister and a good friend (3 grown women). We had told our travel agent and the cruiseline that each of us would require our own bed.(that is 3 beds or 2 double beds with a roll-a-way). The room we three were to occupy was the same as the other room, only two double beds, and no room for any roll-a-way, or anything else). When I inquired, the hotel staff were uncooperative and did nothing. So that night, I put a lounge chair and the desk chair with rollers together and tried to sleep sitting up. Not good for the back, and not restful.

The next morning we asked about a breakfast buffet, and we told to eat in the food court that opened up at 7 a.m. We were not pleased with any of the services or lack there of that we received. We told Holland America representative about it, and she just shrugged her shoulders. So much for service!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel, if possible
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kay S
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for having been our Guests. We are truly sorry that you were not informed that there are 2 double beds in a double room and that there is not enough space for a cot at the time you made your reservations. The only way to have 3 separate beds is to reserve a suite with a pull out sofa.Unfortunately your travel agent was misinformed. Although we do have a food court with many restaurants in the mall below, our hotel restaurant is open for breakfast from 6:30 AM until 10:30 weekdays and until 11:30 on weekends. I am not clear on why you did not have access to the buffet breakfast if you arrived during these hours. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels