Hyatt Regency Montreal
$170
$157
Travelocity
2,971 results
All reviewsregency clubplace des artscomplexe desjardinsjeanne mancejazz festivalunderground mallself parkindoor poolrenovated roomper dayst catherine streetbit datedhotel barvalet parkinghotel is in a great locationmini fridgeold port
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Located near old montreal. Nice and clean. Some construction on side road but overall a great experience. Staff was very helpful. There is a mall underneath the hotel which is very convenient. We will love to come back here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I attended a conference held at the Hyatt Regency Montreal, so I did not personally research and select this hotel. It served the purpose of providing a one-stop site for the conference, so I never had to leave the hotel for anything. It also was a perfect location for sightseeing in a limited time frame, and guests can easily access a large indoor retail mall adjacent to the hotel. However, I found the hotel's layout very confusing & got lost several times, arriving late to a few of the sessions I planned to attend. The guest/customer service was ambivalent - I never saw a human being at the concierge desk, and the Hyatt needed two calls before they showed up, much delayed, to troubleshoot the mini-fridge. Although the food was excellent, the food servers were impersonal and brusque. The room was comfortable but the lighting was terrible for getting any work or reading done.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank venividi87
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback which assists us in correcting any deficiencies in our Service or Product. The Concierge desk is manned in the high season from May to September. Our Bellmen, Valet, Front Desk Agents are pleased to provide any assistance Guests require regarding the city as an option. Please accept my apology for the less than service excellent in the restaurant. I have forwarded your comments to both the Restaurant Manager & Food & Beverage Director for immediate follow up with the wait staff. Thank you for being our Guest and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

For the price we paid through an online booking system the hotel was overpriced. Very outdated, no free wifi, parking expensive. Room was very average and well worn for a four star hotel. Location is very good but lots of construction around hotel and would not stay there again and would not recommend it.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First of all, I have to say this is the best location for a hotel when I've stayed in Montreal. It is steps from St. Catherine Street, right near Place Des Arts. Perfect location. The room was spacious and clean, albeit a little on the dim side in terms of natural and unnatural light. The parking is easy - don't park with the valet, park at the Complex Desjardins - a shopping mall attached to the hotel - it was $10/24hrs on weekends to park, and if you park near the Jeanne Mance elevators, you'll be in an elevator that will take you directly to the lobby of the hotel.

Positives:

- Location
- Cheap parking
- Mall attached to hotel (some great restaurants such as Baton Rouge for dinner and Eggspectations for breakfast - no need to hit the hotel for food)
- Staff were typically very helpful and friendly - especially the valet who lent us an umbrella in the rain.
- Attractive lobby
- Spacious room
- Steps to St. Catherine and old Montreal.

Negatives:

- The bathroom is very dark and the layout is weird with the toilet immediately behind the door.
- The elevators are slow and busy during check-in and check-out times.
- The pool doesn't have a hot tub (nor does it advertise one, but it's always something I look for in a hotel)
- There was one staff member, Mustafa I believe his name was, who was surly and unhelpful - the rest were awesome.
- We left out bags in their lockup after check-out while we shopped. When we returned, the bags had been moved to the valet parking area - a little creepy for me, really. Also, they temporarily lost a bag (it was left upstairs in the lockup) during the move - since we didn't use valet, this was an inconvenience.
- No free wi-fi in the rooms.

Room Tip: Room closer to the ground is better because of slow elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike G
HyattRegencyMontreal, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for being our Guest & for such positive comments. I apologize that the Bellman did not inform you that your bags would be sent downstairs behind the Valet station, because since it is on street level, all bags left at the front desk are moved downstairs for departing Guests for their convenience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Spent 4 nights at this Hotel during a conference and quickly began to question the wisdom of my decision to stay at this Hyatt. Past experience with Hyatt Hotels has been generally fine however my impressions were quickly influenced from the time I stepped out of the cab at the front entry. This hotel is weirdly layed out..you arrive at a front entrance, and then must take an elevator up to the reception...No one was at the front door when I arrived, however someone did show up when I was looking for directions for reception...no offer to help with bags though. Check in process was ok, however not top notch. Room was very dark with only one small window, that even with drapes fully opened still required pretty much all lights to be on during the day. Asked if they had any other rooms with better natural light and was quickly told they are all the same...oh whell...I tried..The day after I checked in, my room did not get made up until around 4:30pm...even though I told the housekeeping lady that was making up the next door room (at 10:30am) that I was going out for a couple hours so please make up my room. I returned mid-afternoon and was told that she was busy preparing rooms for people that would be checking in so couldn't do mine until later. Seems that once they have you as a guest..you now come second!!
Bathrooms are very dated, worn, and bathtub/shower, vanity that is very very tiny. Cheap hairdryers that have passed their prime...so bring your own..Minimal drawer space so don't plan on unpacking much.
Had room service a couple nights and found food very average and not much selection on room service menu.
Overall this was a very average hotel that in my view does not measure up with others in their supposed peer group. I'm a Hyatt Passport member and as I have mentioned have stayed at many Hyatts over the years...however may now start to look elsewher for our pleasure/business trips....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business