“Dont stay here!! Car got stolen!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #140 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed February 9, 2014

First off , this hotel is beyond dirty! the door to our room didn't shut, not that it just didn't lock, it actually didn't shut people in the hall could just push it open. Second I couldn't take a shower because the drain was completely blocked with nasty hair from the people before, but most of all when we came back from a week of holidays we walked the freezing cold parking lot for an hour only to find our car was not there. It was STOLEN! the lady at the desk was extremely rude and could not care less and told me its not her problem and we signed a waver. We had to call police, insurance company, rent a car and drive for hours to get home. DO NOT stay here whatever you do! spend the extra money and be safe!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked for a sleep park and fly. The always were filthy, and we froze in the room. Asked for a wake up call but found out there was no phone in the room. Next day shuttle, we and to wait for a while, first round was full. But the worst was wen we got back, my car at vanished. Called the cops made a report, had to rent a car to get home only to find out the car and been towed. So if you plan to use that kind of service, pay a little more and get a secured parking.

Room Tip: Use an other hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed at this motel on 5th and 20th Jan.,2014. 79 $ in the heart Of Montreal; free 24-hr shuttle to Trudeau Airport. I give it a hearty recommendation. Very clean beds, bathroom. Gracious,helpful and very friendly , bilingual receptionists. Book shuttle to arrive at airport at least 2 hrs ahead. This motel is used by tour groups heading for the sun. Quiet, peaceful and warm. Breakfast included. Now who could complain about that.

Room Tip: The 100's have king-size beds.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank William T
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were worried about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews. We had no choice because there was a conference in town that filled all the hotels for miles around. We arrived after 7 pm. It was true that the hotel was hard to find. Took us many many tries to find this hotel. When we finely checked in the young lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful. I have a hard time walking and she was able to give us a room on the first floor right by the door. The room was old but clean. The breakfast consisted of juice, cereal , toast a croissant and a muffin, not the best but it was something. one nice thing was there is a great restaurant in the back parking lot from this hotel. see my review for that in another listening. For what we paid it was ok.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank pat L
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We needed to stay a night in Montreal before taking an early flight following morning. So we booked the Econo Lodge Montreal Airport through ParkSleepFly.
That was the cheapest deal, including one night stay for two, two week parking and free shuttle to the airport both ways. Really really cheap.
The hotel is very unassuming, but overall clean and taken care of. I would disagree with those complaining about it being filthy and run down. I would agree though that the Fairmont Hotels are much nice, but you get what you pay for.
The air conditioner was working, the shower was working, the toilet flashed. There was no coffee maker or mini bar in the room, but I did not expect any considering the price.
The shuttle service to the airport was prompt at 5AM as requested.
The only thing was a shuttle back to our car after return flight. I was supposed to make a phone call after clearing customs, so I did. I've got a question in respose: "How many people are with you?" I said "Two in total". That was a mistake.
Next time my answer will be "Eight" assuming this may speed up the process.
We in fact had to stay on the sidewalk for 50 minutes. The shuttle arrived after we had four more people waiting along with us.
The driver though looked like a hotel manager himself, so it was all worth waiting for.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrei F
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Montréal's roads are kind of crazy, but this was rediculous. The seemingly easiest way to approach the hotel actually lands you on the other side of the road, with the divider standing between you and the hotel. It took me an entire hour to get on the right side. Then, the confusing location landed me trying to get into a corporate building for 15 minutes, it turns out the hotel is in the BACK on the parking lot, even though the sign is hidden by a grove of trees from the angle of entry. Parking lot was full of trash, hotel room smelled but was clean. Hotel receptionist was friendly and spoke fluent French and English. It was also pretty cheap.

If you are taking an airport shuttle this place might be worth it but if not chose somewhere with a more central location or be prepared for hair-tearing-out frustration.

Room Tip: Rooms in the wing to the left of the entrance seem cleanest, I overheard some angry Americans remark...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is as low as it gets. Stains on furniture, cleaning stink, rooms with no ventilation and second hand mattresses and furniture. Reserved through Choice Hotels reservation line and received an OK price, but realized I made a big mistake when I realized the hotel was in back of a parking lot. Ended up paying too much and found a great room at the Crown Plaza. Choice Hotels will not respond to my complaints.

Room Tip: Don't book here at all and stay away from Choice Hotels
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Hotel Le Prestige
Hotel Y Montreal
#69 of 165 in Montreal
Le Chabrol Hotel & Suites
#105 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!