“Good and Bad”

Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport
Ranked #143 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here last year before flying and had a great stay. This year we were flying out in the afternoon on a Saturday and coming back SUPER late the following Saturday so I decided to do both the Friday before we flew and the Saturday we came back. In calling to make my reservation, I made sure to tell the girl that we'd be back well after midnight on the following Saturday.

Anyway, check in the first night was smooth and the room was fine. Beds are comfortable and the room is spacious. As well, wifi is free so that's a plus. We decided that evening that we'd just eat at the hotel restaurant as we didn't want to drive around looking for something else. We were pleasantly surprised...food was good, prices weren't bad and our waiter was AWESOME! Went back to the room, watched some TV and had a good night's sleep. The next morning we had some time to kill before we went to the airport so we decided to go back down to the restaurant for breakast....only to find out that it wasn't open (despite there being advertising that breakfast was available) We went back up to the room and decided to get room service which was also advertised...only to find that that was unavailable as well. We were somewhat frustrated but there was coffee in the room and we had some snacks we'd brought so we made do. Shuttle was prompt and we got to the airport with no hassles. As well, in checking out (and in checking in the day before) I reminded the desk that we were staying over the following Saturday and that we'd be in late. They assured me that that was no problem.

In returning caught the shuttle back with no issue...it was super quick. We got back to the hotel and were both exusted. THEN, of course, we run into problems. The man at the desk could not find my reservation. I pulled up the reservation number on my iPad...he searched it and told me that my reservation had been cancelled. I was, needless to say, somewhat annoyed considering I'd triple checked that it was all set before we flew the Saturday before. After some 'discussion' he quickly found us a room which, really, he should have just done in the first place instead of wasting a half hour of my time at 2 in the morning....but, whatever, room was fine, price was ok and our vehicle was unharmed after the week so, all in all, it was an ok experience and I'll probably stay there again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeMontreal, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment about the hotel. Your opinion is very important it help us to know what you appreciate and what you don't so we can improve.
I am sorry for the reservation confusion happened to you , I am not sure what happened exactly but i will go through your reservation to find out.
Next time you might contact me directly before your arrival to ensure you a prepared smooth check in and an enjoyable stay.
Sincerly

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The price of the room includes free parking for up to two weeks. There is no other reason to stay at this hotel unless you need parking for a week or more.

The rooms are ok and there is a 24 hours shuttle to the airport.

There is nothing wrong with the hotel, it is just a basic place where you sleep before an early flight.

Room Tip: Some rooms are not accessible (small staircase in the middle of the hallway) so if you have mobility...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about our hotel.
We are glad to know that you liked our package for park and fly , we are working alot on improving many sections in the hotel through the year . for Next years , i am sure you will be enjoying more than basic stay.
In the futur , please contact me personally to ensure you an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Do NOT stay at this hotel!!

I stayed at this hotel for the inexpensive park-n-fly accommodation. Everything was expectedly mediocre until our return trip. We called for the shuttle and were told to wait at #7, departures.
I am pretty sure we were at the right place because there were other shuttles picking up passengers, unfortunately, not us. The shuttle never came and we were left out in the cold for an hour at midnight and this was after calling for the shuttle three times. Not to mention each time we called we were made to feel like it was our fault the shuttle was not there, not what you want to here when you are freezing outside waiting for a shuttle that never comes. You would think that after calling three times someone would try and contract us to figure out why we were being missed, apparently this is just too much trouble. More likely the shuttle was not at the airport to begin with.

I followed up with the hotel manager the following day and experienced equally poor customer service. Apparently the fault is all mine, it was my fault I didn't see the shuttle that never came. The hotel takes no responsibility for this terrible experience. After spending money on cab fare to get back to our vehicle the cheap accommodation was not worth it in any way. In no way were they going to compensate me for my expenses and in fact I was told to stop wasting their time if you can believe that.

My strong recommendation is to stay somewhere else, somewhere they still value their customers and treat them with respect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
TravelodgeMontreal, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Good day Mr.Johns

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about our hotel.
I see you are not satisfied with one or more of our complimentary services .
After checking your experience with the reception and the shuttle driver , i found out that the shuttle came to you 2 times , the suttle took everyone waiting and came back to hotel 2 times , the proof the shuttle was there that i checked also with the clients who came back from the airport on that particular day , they were all in the right place.
It happens sometimes that a guest miss the bus or can't identify it, unfortunately this is a complimentary service that the hotel doesn't pay for an alternative , if you missed the bus or if a client decided to take a taxi , we can't pay as long as we have our shuttle running.
But i can do something for you on your next stay , just contact me , we can make you a complimentary upgrade or free parking.
Thanks and regards

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel was booked for me for a business trip. When I arrived I was impressed because of the large lobby and the beautiful christmas tree and the romantic titanic style staircase. Well the fairytale ended there. I had to walk to my room down a poorly lit corridor with a musty smoky odor to get to my room. The room was ok and I found it roomy but it did not feel clean. The heating is very very poor and I called for room service and was greeted by an angry and dismissive worker who acted like if I pulled her outta bed to come and deal with my problem. It took about 2 hours for the radiator to heat up. The walls seem paper thin and I heard what was going on in both rooms (would be censored if I said) but it kept me up all night. Do not think about eating around here, like most airport hotels it is out of the way and not in a neighborhood. I ordered takeout from one of the restaurants listed and it was the worst meal I ever tasted.There are a lot of wifi connections but they do not work well and cut in an out. I felt like if I didn't want to come back home to this hotel as it wasn't welcoming. When I checked out the staff member was quite curt. The shuttle driver was very unmannerly and I was glad to leave after staying for three nights. I wanted to like this place but even if it is just someplace to lay your head I prefer to lay mine elsewhere..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
TravelodgeMontreal, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews and commens about the hotel.
We appreciate every true criticism as well as authentic positive qualities we have.
We are so sorry though for the bad experience you may have had during the month of December , it was the Holidays seasons , we were short of staff , we were employing temporary replacement , some services too were not available during the holiday's time.
I ensure you that your comments are taken seriously and i worked hard as the team of managment to not having the same on your next stay if you prefer to come back to us.
Me personaly , i would like to have you calling me , to discuss how we can make your next stay memorable.
On behalf of myself and the whole staff we apologize and we wish you a happy new year.
Front office Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2014

1- The sheets had not been change, the side tables had marks of coffee, and the toilet was tacky (brown ring inside the bowl..like in the subway stations).
2- Asked the woman at the counter who instead of checking, got angry at me.
3- Asked the same woman at the counter for a wake up call to catch an international early flight and she "forgot".
4- Missed my planes and ended up spending an additional $2,000.00 dollars to book another hotel and flights.
The moral of the story, if you are travelling on a budget sleep on the benches airport, you will be better off than trying to get a cheap room.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else or sleep at the airport.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment.
We welcome all comments and criticism and please be ensured that we are doing our best to improve everyday.
I looked through your problem and i would like to apologize sincerely for any inconvinience may happened.
Please be sure that i checked that all your concerns are taken care off and your next stay at our hotel will be taken with too much care and consideration.
Please contact me next time you book at our hotel and we will arrange you a memorable stay.
Thanks

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Unfortunatly my wife and I Received a gift certificate to stay in this hotel for our anniversary..
After we arrived arround 2:30 am the guy at the reception named majid couldn't find the booking even after i gave him the reservation number! He came telling me afterwards that our reservation was turned as a no show! He couldn't find the credit card details that were already in his system and wanted them again! We had to call the person who offered us the voucher at 2:30 am to check if the hotel already got the payment details!!! After he took it for a second time and after wasting like 15 min just doing nothing since he didn't know the procedure.. He gave us the keys! NO FURTHER DETAIL WAS GIVEN! I had no clue about the restaurants! Timing menus venus we knew nothing majid told us nothing about the hotel! I've worked 10 years in the hotel industry and i have never seen such an unprofessional person!  He called us after we got to the room to ask us to leave the room since the credit card that he took for the second time and has already been accepted the first time was rejected!
Long story short I recommend no one to book in this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013
TravelodgeMontreal, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Hello M.Khoury

My name is Adel Hanna , the front desk manager.

I have checked the case , and unfortunatley we don't have a reservation as a gift certificate received from any one ,except Mrs.Chebil called by phone and sent us a credit card that is blocked , we tried to get payment but it didn't work.
For me it seems there is a something wrong , if you have a gift certificate , please send it to me and I will check , but the hotel records shows a phone reservation and a credit card that is blocked.
I am sorry but the story you are saying is missing a very big part of truth,
Please send me a document to be able to treat the case seriously.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed at the travelodge for one night before taking a flight. Room was ok for the price but not so clean. The bathroom was awful and need a complete restauration. A good side is the parking/room package so you can let your car there and take the free shuttle. If you want to do something else then sleep, don't go there, there is nothing to do or eat close by.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
TravelodgeMontreal, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinion about our hotel.
I am sorry you had this experience , i just wanted to add to you information that there is 4 restaurants nearby the hotel , if you have asked the reception , we would have offered the free shuttle service to drop you and pick you up back.
In every room , now there is a guest service directory, in case you didn't like any of the restaurants nearby, neither the 7 vending machines in the lobby area, in the guest service directory , you will find at least 15 menus for different restaurants which can deliver food to your room.
I appreciate your compliment about our parking area , yes we have a big free parking area , and a great service for parking and flying for vacations.
Next time contact me personaly , i will arrange you one of our renovated rooms , so you can enjoy your stay with us.

Adel Hanna
Front Desk and customer service manager
514 733 8818 ex ; 720

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Days Inn & Conference Centre -  Montreal Airport
#129 of 165 in Montreal
Hotel Dorval - Beausejour Apartments
Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Airport

Been to Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!