“WHAT A NIGHTMARE!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #142 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Hamilton, Canada
“WHAT A NIGHTMARE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We drove from Toronto to Montreal. Made a reservation for 3 nights on hotels.com. Arrived at 930. Was greeted by very cut and dry young lady who didn't greet us and when we said we were checking in for a reservation she replied 'yup'. Didn't mention parking, restaurants, wifi...nothing! She told us because the room we reserved is a 'renovated room' we had to pay a deposit of $100 instead of $50 and to come to the front desk the next day to give another $50. We arrived in our first room (3 room changes) to find dirty towels on the floor, Kleenex with lipstick on it on the bathroom counter. We called the front desk and told her, as the cleaning lady was knocking on the door, at 930 PM!! We were moved to another room which was not a 'renovated room' in which we paid a deposit for! We called the front desk again and we told to go to a 3rd room! Wow! We arrived at the room to drop our luggage off and

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked a night a this hotel to sleep a couple of hours before leaving for a one week trip to USA. According to the fact that you can leave your car in their parking for free for up to 2 weeks this is a really good deal. Also, they can drive you to the airport 24 hours, most hotels will provide shuttles only from 5 to midnight, as Travelodge pay you a taxi ride if the shuttle is not running (they did pay a taxi for us and it was a value of 17$). Staff was nice, I don't understand why people are complaining ? The place was clean and quiet and the bed was not the best but is was comfortable. We are really happy about our choice and would definitely go back if we need to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the event, due to downtown hotels were very expensive this time. As other reviews mentioned, no welcome feelings from reception staffs.
I asked avarage taxi rate to downtown but was said to ask taxi driver. Room price and room itself was not bad, but to get my room I needed to walk very long hallway (with stairs) it was tough carrying baggage. No place to eat around except onsite restaurant. There are many hotels in this area, I will stay another hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013
IAH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

When I first entered the hotel, it looked really nice with huge lobby and stairs.
My excitement quickly faded as soon as I met with unfriendly staffs at the front desk.
No greetings, no smile and looked like they were so unhappy to see me & unwelcoming.
I really felt I should just leave to another hotel at that time.
The girl, who checked me in, didn't even bother to look directly in the eyes. Not to mention she is very dumb. She didn't even know how to check in or treat guests.
The hotel is huge (very huge) with long, narrow & poorly lit corridors. You have to walk a great deal to get to your room. There were maid carts blocking the hallway. A maid was just leaving when I get into the room. She didn't even care to move the cart away from the hallway.
Free WifI is a joke and DID NOT work at all. I called the front desk few times and they were not only reluctant to fix it and also very unhelpful.
I can't believe why someone in service industry is so reluctant and unfriendly to their customers.
The hotel is old but not too bad. The rooms are ok but it's definitely an overpriced hotel. The bed wasn't very comfortable otherwise room is ok.
Looking at the "Excellent" reviews at Tripadvisor, they don't look real reviews to me. There is no way this hotel is excellent.
Ignoring the customer service, I would rate 3 stars (average) for this hotel at the best.
If you prefer nice customer service from a hotel then this is not your place.
I would NEVER stay here again and I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone based on my experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not impressed...they put us in a room that the carpet was wet from the shower. No where to eat other than their restaurant where they decline to put the prices on the menu...the only place we could find to eat was a subway that took us alot of time and effort to get to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank w0190551
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The rooms are quite dated and not cleaned very well. There were too many annoyances that did not make my stay comfortable. I had to walk a VERY long, narrow, and dimly lit hallway (I'd say about 200 meters) to reach my room. The hallways reeked of cigarette smoke, although all rooms were marked as non-smoking. The fluorescent lights in the bathroom flickered all the time and the management did nothing about it although they were told about the problem repeatedly. WiFi did not work for 2 out of 3 days of my stay. Again, the management said it's beyond their control. In all cases, people at the fron t desk just didn't seem to care.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Readfield, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

First, I would make a suggestion to give the Travelodge Hotel Montreal a call just to clarify if you have any requests (I called because I needed a TV to connect my HDMI device to). Write them all down and give them a call. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly, and they were able to take care of my requests.

Next: The Good - Hotel appearance on the outside is good. Hotel is located off a service road but it's not too bad. They have parking in front and on the side of the hotel and the parking is free (Yes some hotels do not have their own parking or very little) so there should be plenty. If you have a big truck or RV they can set you up. Room was very clean albeit small. The room I accepted had a double bed, so the Queen Size rooms may have more room. Bathrooms were clean and somewhat roomy (Its not a five star hotel so don't expect hot tubs in the economy rooms). Internet Access (WiFi) was good, not great. There were a lot of dropouts but if you are not doing a lot of streaming video you may not even notice. Beds were clean and pretty comfortable. The room had AC and heat connected to the wall (not an AC mounted on the outside window). As I mentioned before, staff and maid service was good. Most of the staff are English speakers.

The Not So Good: Outside noise was a problem. I was in a room close to the entrance so when people came in, the wheels would hit the tiles and make a loud noise. People check in all hours of the night (apparently). The restaurant in the hotel was OK, I thought I could order from the room but I carried my own dinner back to my room. Food was good though. Fitness room could use a TV or two. Also might be nice to have a weight machine... they had a couple treadmills and a couple steppers. I got a decent workout.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport. I would stay there again, but not in the same room. :)

Room Tip: I would stay away from the rooms close to the entrance.