“Nice hotel”

Ranked #135 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal, Canada
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here the night before our vacation. The rooms were clean, the employees at the Front desk were very friendly and helpful. You can leave your vehicle in the parking and take a shuttle to the airport which is great. The shuttle was on time and the drivers to and from the airport were friendly as well. Definitely recommend this hotel to start your vacation!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gerri6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mont Tremblant, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Clean, basic, good sleep, quiet no ventilation or heating noises, good internet connection. Close to the airport, good for one night when rate is reduced, poor light for reading, Industrial park, no view.

Room Tip: Choose in room in the back of the building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank drojean
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We booked a suite that was dog-friendly on Oct. 30 through the Radisson booking system. We were assured it was dog-friendly with no extra fees. Upon arriving on Nov. 14 we were told that the "new management" did not allow dogs in suites and there would be a $25 pet fee. The unsympathetic desk clerk had to call his manager twice to clarify the situation. At one point he was not even going to charge the lower room rate for the double room that we ended up with. Because the double room did not have a fridge we lost about $40 worth of dog food for our older dog. As well the room had a musty smell and smell of cigarettes even though it was a "non-smoking" room. The desk top and bathroom counter had a yellowish-brown grime. The bed was not firm. These rooms used to be rented by CP Rail for meetings and overnights for workers. And they were smoking rooms then. They still smell and feel dirty. We complained to Radisson by email. We never received a reply from the hotel or Radisson. We stayed in this hotel 2 1/2 years ago and liked our stay. Under the "new management" I would not recommend staying at this hotel. There are much nicer hotels in the area. Unfortunately they are not dog-friendly if you have a pet. Nor would I deal with Radisson or Travelodge in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TRV50
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel owe me more than 45$. It has been more than a year. Worst Manager ever seen. Arter 2 times on the phone, I really thyought it was going back in my account, but I NEVER got the check. Fake promise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philippelevesque0
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The sign outside is the only thing new in this hotel. For $100 a night at a business rate, I can't see any merit of staying here. The hallways have a old odor to them, the beds are hard and there is absolutely nothing around here (gas, food, restaurants). The radiator barely trickles on, and takes 2-3 hours to heat up so dress warm first night. Wi-Fi barely works so hope you do not have any paperwork to do, because you'll be up all night trying to send it in. Is it also difficult to get to as the area is undergoing major construction. Only positive point was friendly guest services when checking in, otherwise would not recommend.

Room Tip: If you do stay here choose a room close to an exit on ground floor otherwise you will be lugging you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank joe_traveller77
ParkInnMOQC, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Good day Joe_traveller77 thank-you for taking the time to comment. We do appreciate your comments. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with use. I know we need some updating but we try to keep our rooms clean and operational. I do appreciate your kind words about my staff, and invite you to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Jerry Cury
Guest service manager
customerservice@parkinnmontreal.com.
514-733-8818 ext. 720
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed there for one night and it was terrible. We had to walk a really long way to get to our room and when we got there, it wasn't worth the walk. The room smelled musty, the bed was horrible and uncomfortable and the bathroom was disgusting. The staff upon check in and out were rude and unfriendly. I do not recommend that anyone subjects themselves to this

Room Tip: if you want a good room - dont stay there
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ruthdToronto
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care at Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
We apologize for the poor stay experience you had with our hotel. We also sincerely apologize for the room you had as we try to keep all our rooms up to par without these "musty" smells. We have contacted the heads of housekeeping and re-emphasized the importance of the cleanliness of all our rooms. We hope to have you back to "Be Our Guest."
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Upon booking the hotel via Hotels.com, I proceeded to phone the hotel directly to confirm that they received the reservation and that we would be four adults leaving two vehicles for six nights. I was told that this would be fine. Unfortunately, I forgot to take the attendants name. At check-in, I was informed that the rate I paid included one vehicle and that we would be charged $40 for the second vehicle. I proceeded to recount that I had confirmed with the attendant on the day of the reservation that two vehicles were allowed. The front desk attendant stated that the attendant on the the telephone was misinformed. We didn't feel like finding another hotel, so we paid the $40. My husband was arriving with the second vehicle at 11:30pm. Upon his arrival, the night auditor informed him that the rate we paid did not include any vehicles and that we would be charged an additional $80. If my husband did not arrive at the hotel when he did, we would have seen this "correction" in the morning at check out, as the night auditor would have "corrected" the rate during his auditing. My husband proceed to tell him that the previous attendant said we would only have to pay $40. The night auditor said he was misinformed. My husband said that it was not our problem that the attendant was misinformed and an agreement had been made. The night auditor did not agree with us and said that in the morning, the "corrections" would be made and that an additional $80 would be charged to our credit card. Never in all of my years of travel have I ever experienced such rude customer service and incompetent personnel. The night auditor said that if we vacated the room by 12:30am (when he made the "corrections"), we would be refunded the room charges. My husband and I, along with the other couple we were travelling with found another room down the street that was more than happy to accommodate us well under the total amount the Park Inn and Suites would have charged us.
My suggestion to fellow travelers, do not stay at this hotel and get the names of the individuals you are speaking to and get it in writing. Although I do not think any of these tips would have helped our situation as the night auditor seemed to have carte blanche at "correcting" things during his audit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo Ann D
Hello Jo ann D. From Cornwall, your comments are greatly appreciated. I am VERY sorry for the inconvenience misinformation and my staff’s attitude. I will be following up with them so this does not happen again. If you would like to discuss this further, I would be more than happy to hear from you. Please accept my sincere apologize.

Again, thank-you for your time and comments.

Jerry Cury
Guest service manager
customerservice@parkinnmontreal.com
514-733-8818 ext. 720
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montreal
Quality Hotel Dorval Aeroport
#127 of 164 in Montreal
Comfort Inn Aeroport
#5 of 7 in Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Airport
Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
#76 of 164 in Montreal

Been to Travelodge Hotel Montreal Airport? Share your experiences!