“Wonderful Stay in Montreal - Great Hotel”

Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc
Ranked #122 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Virginia
“Wonderful Stay in Montreal - Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 18, 2008

This hotel is extremely nice. I stayed there for a week, which really made my visit to Montreal, a beautiful city, very enjoyable. The hotel is in a very convenient location just off the metropolitan highway. The rooms are QUITE comfortable and VERY clean. The service at the hotel is also superior, whether it is the front desk or room service personal. The hotel is about 2 minutes away from a huge shopping compound, 5 minutes away from the Olympic Park and about 15 minutes away from the heart of downtown. The hotel has a very nice (real fine food with a great price). I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are visiting Montreal.

• Liked — Quality of Stay, Price and Comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing that I comment about as bad
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York
Reviewed March 17, 2008

In reading multiple reviews, I did not know what to expect. When we got there, we were very pleasantly surprised! The hotel was very well kept, the rooms were comfortable, and the staff was very pleasant. We just got back from a 3 days stay at the Quality Hotel East and it was absolutely wonderful.The rooms were clean. The Graffiti Resto Bar was amazing and the staff were always working to make sure everything was ok.I would highly recommend staying at Quality Hotel.

• Liked — Location, Resto-Bar
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Detroit
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Stayed at the Quality Olympic Park , for business reason. We usually travel with choice hotels. This location is awful hotel.
The staff was lost, the could not find my reservation at first. Then it took an eternaty to check in. The supervisor didn't even know what to do, has as lost as the staff, I beleive is name was Micheal.

The hotel doesn't seem to be professionally run This is just not what I expect from a hotel. It looks more like a cheap motel. The bed is uncomfortable and the linen looks dirty too.

They have a restaurant Graffiti in the hotel and the food was awful. The service was slow and the staff could barely speak english.

All in all it's A BAD place to stay at. We are never going back.
Awful, Awful place hotel, don't go there and don't refer any.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Staff, Hotel, Room, Restaurant
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank AdamMack

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Gatineau
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Last year our brand new toyota truck was stolen on the January 24 in the parking of the Sandman hotel in Longueuil. We were in a pee wee hockey tournament and we stay there with our team.

This year, we go at the quality inn Olympic park for another pee wee tournament and got stolen our brand new truck again on the same day but one year later.

Even though if they have camera in the parking lot, its not secure at all. I told that to the women cleaning my room and she was not surprised at all...she said that it always happening.

What we (the other parents of the team) founded strange its that the people at front desk as the kind of vehicule we have but they dont ask the number of the plate...

First time my truck was not found and i got a new one (dont say that we are lucky because it cost me 5000$ each time)...you are not winning with an insurance...

My truck was a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser blue flash....the second truck was the same and same color....it was stolen in a parking lot of an hotel during a hockey tournament....I,M not lucky i know and it suck to be me.....if you type car stolen in this website you cant imagine all results you'll obtain, especially in montreal....why the hotel and police dont do anything...the alarm dont do the job someone have to do it....I'll go once more in an montreal hotel...it will be with my third truck (the same one) and ill sleep in my truck instead of the hotel and i'll wait for the thief......after that i'll never sleep in an hotel and montreal again...hotel and police know but dont do nothing....as a tourist i'll spend my money in another city. I'm sure that theres a thief network around hotels and i still asking me why the front desk as us the kind of car we have but not the plate!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank lafamillebg
california
Reviewed December 14, 2007

I booked a room thru Expedia.ca at the Quality Hotel Montreal East for the first weekend of december. It was my first time stying at Quality hotel, i usualy stay at Mariott or Sheraton Hotels. I got to tell you my experience was really suprising in a very good way. The staff where so warm and welcoming, the rooms where very well equiped and clean and the restaurant affordable and delicious. For the price i will surely consider the Quality Hotel Montreal East for my next business trip to Montreal.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank Media1
Toronto
Reviewed October 24, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for it's convenient location for work related trip. The service at this hotel was poor from the moment we arrived. The staff is not very enthusiastic about their job.

The quality of breakfast and room service was weak by 3 star hotel standards. The lady barely spoke english at their Graffiti's restaurant . The rooms are small and out dated. The queen bed is more like a double bed. There was a funny odor in the hallway.

At check out it took an eternity to get our receipt. To Add insult to injury was the fact that the hotel manager walked by us as his staff was visibly having trouble checking us out and said nor did anything about it. So you could image why the staff is what it is.

One of the bigger problems with this hotel was the noise level. . We asked for a quiet room. We unfortunately were put in front of the elevator (was probably built in the 70's for how slow it was), though I don't think another room would have made a difference.
Take all these aspect into consideration before booking this so called hotel. At 125$ plus taxes, this hotel is far from good. It's more like a siesta motel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Customer service and cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Tom_Stm
New York
Reviewed September 13, 2007

I travel quite a bit for work and booked this hotel trough their web site. I looked it up on trip advidsor and the last couple of reviews were good.

To my great suprise, this hotel is out dated, far from the 3 star they say they are. The service is awful and the staff all the way to management don't know what tey are doing.

Were do I begin:

The room: The rooms are quite small, I called the desk to change room and tey told me all the rooms are the same size.
The bathroom floor had hair on it, there was a funny smell in the hallway, the carpet was fulty, the elevator are extremely slow, I think they were built in 1950. So , I called the desk again, they told that housekeeping was gone fo the day and that they were full so they could not do anything for now. This was just hawful.

The Restaurant " Graffiti's" in the hotel is very expensive, the portion are small, the service is slow. The waitress could barely talk english and the food is not very good.

At check out, I asked to speak to the manager, I beleive his name is Micheal, told him about my stay. He offered a 20% discount, when they have 100% satisfaction garantee policy. He didn't even try to apoligize. He was extremely rude and and unprofessional.

To all, avoid the this hotel at all cost.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business