“Only Stay Here Because It Is Close To My Office”

Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc
Ranked #115 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the past few years. Very basic room furnished with a bed, desk, 2 standard chairs and a sofabed. The TV is okay - no HD, the bathroom is basic - standard hair and lotion products - nothing special. The towels are very thin - the bed is hard and the pillows usually leave me with a sore neck. Everything is clean though dated. The front desk staff have always been very pleasant and receptive. The location is only 10 minutes from my office in Montreal so I only stay here when I visit in winter months just incase the weather might be bad. There is no gym, pool but a restaurant which I did not use on this visit. They do offer room service although basic. The hotel is close to Gallerie D'Anjou - you can walk there in approx 20 min or it is a 5 minute drive. Nice food court in there and several restaurants. The hotel is near the 40 so easy to get to the airport or doewntown.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We, at Quality Hotel, always put emphasis on cleanliness and quality of service. We apologize that our furniture is not up to your standards. We have however, executive rooms that have more modern furniture. We also have an arrangement for usage of a local gym; please make sure you ask for a complimentary pass the next time you visit our hotel.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Recently spent two nights here. Of greatest importance to me is room cleanliness. For this aspect of my stay I give top marks, spotless! Kudos also to the friendly staff.
However, there were a few irritants. Firstly, while not directly related to the property, the restaurant was dissapointing. The service was friendly, but the food ordered (lasagna) was just plain bad.The lipstick on my glass was not mine (I do not wear lipstick). As for the hotel itself, I found that the lobby and more specifically the elevators smelled like cigarette smoke. Not much to do about this if clients do not respect the signs, but perhaps better ventilation? . Finally, I would suggest a revamp of the heating/A-C units: noisy and difficult to set and maintain a comfortable temp.

Room Tip: Try the A/C right upon enterring the room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank boreal_dad
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments concerning the cleanliness and the friendly staff. As far as the renovation and ventilation, we will indeed be renovating and converting the hotel to 100% smoke free. Regarding your comments concerning the restaurant, I have forwarded them to our Food & Beverage Manager for immediate action. Please contact me personally the next time, should the quality not meet your expectations.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Finding this hotel is not easy. You can see it, but getting to it isnt easy. Only ONE street gets you there. Theres others that seem to get you there, but they end up going onto the highway or other roads. Check in was smooth. Front desk guy spoke perfect English. Parked on the 2nd floor of the garage, so its not that easy to lug your stuff down the small staircase. The room was very nice. No fridge in the room or microwave. We were on the 9th floor with an awesome view of the area and highway. Beds were VERY FIRM. Not hard and old, just firm. I slept great on the bed. Pillows also were very good. TV has about 30ish channels, most in French. Only 4 channels were in English. WiFi was pretty fast and easy to use. Shower was good w/ hot water. My friend had the breakfast in the restaurant in the morning and said it was good but nothing great (and not free). Checkout was smooth, and she spoke both English and French.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I would like to thank you for choosing the Quality Hotel Montreal East for your recent stay.
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and we hope you will return again soon. In regards of fridge and microwave in the rooms, we are taking your comments in consideration for our future plans.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is nice, the room was better than average, a nice hotel that we stayed at for one night. The breakfast was sufficient but minimal quantity. The bartender at night is not very knowledgeable about making mixed drinks but he poured my beer just fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and your comments to improve our guest’s experience.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have been staying at this property for 14 years and have not once had a bad experience. We have always been well taken care of and shown compassion when needed. Although the hotel is not the Ritz, it is however better than alot. We've stayed at everything from the best to roadside mom and dad motels...Anjou's Quality Hotel is great, no pool...but a pool is not always required. Yes, we do have children and yes we do have a Chihuahua....our family has been well looked after and I thank all of the hotel staff from front desk to chamber maids, to maintenance men....they have always been pleasant and helpful. Thank you Quality Hotel Anjou...you WILL continue to have my business whenever we are in Montreal....we choose to stay with you over staying with family....that's how comfortable you make us. The above post about Vincenzo, could not be further from the truth, he is a nice young man and was very helpful anytime I have spoken to him. Once again...thank you!! Actually, I am still at the hotel now....sitting in my room as I write this...this is our 8th night here this month alone. Graffitis, the restaurant in house, is good...try the pizza!! One thing I would have liked to seen is a continental breakfast...but again, not necessary as we brink our own goodies....we always request a fridge and microwave. Access from the Hwy...(metropolitan-40) is easy. Everything you need is really close by!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your warm comments. It was thoughtful to write about the service and your experience at the Quality Hotel Montreal East. I want to tell you how gratifying it was to receive your kind words. Vincenzo is indeed a valued employee, exceptionally dedicated and committed to guest’s satisfaction.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We made a reservation at this hotel more than a month in advance. I made the reservation online and then called the hotel directly to make sure that I reserved a non-smoking room. I was assured over the phone that I had been given a non-smoking room. Still I was unconvinced, and I asked desk clerk if I should cancel the reservation I made online and remake the reservation directly through her at the hotel. "Not necessary," she assured me. Sure enough, when we arrived we were given a smoking room. We were traveling alongside our daughter's marching band and needed to stay in the same hotel to be near her. She has a medical condition which requires me to be with her at certain times during the day and night. To make matters worse, our room in on the smoking floor. The front desk help, Valentino and Vincenzo, could not be more horrible, unsympathetic, people. They were absolutely useless to us, and would not accommodate us with a decent room. The entire floor smells just horribly. We have heard other horror stories with others that we are traveling with. Also, they gave rooms that are meant to sleep three people, to four people. We heard one girl was going to sleep on the table in the room. This is easily the worst hotel experience I've ever had.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel. There is no pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Janet M
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments. It is not our standard to place non-smokers into smoking rooms. We apologize for any inconveniences caused by this situation. I would like to let you know as well that your feedback makes us consider converting our hotel to 100% smoke free environment.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after an 9 hour day on the road. Check in was easy, the room clean & bed comfy. We did not hear any noise from other guests and got a great nights sleep. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again if traveling through.

• Stayed: September 2012
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. Very pleased that we provided you with a pleasant stay with our location and most importantly, our service.