“Clean, comfortable, affordable”

Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc
Ranked #113 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Spent four nights here during the F1 Grand Prix. Rooms were spotless and comfortable, staff was efficient and friendly, and rates were reasonable. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and we hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Great location on east end next to Trans Canada for easy departure next morning which we were looking for. Free parking a bonus. Easy access to subway system with good conections.

Room Tip: Ask for room oppisite from Tranc Canada
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Smoking room on 2nd floor was dirty- hairs all over the bathroom. Smoking flooor really stinks of smoke- I'm a smoker & I was disgusted!

Front desk staff were friendly.

Car theft is a serious issue in the neighbourhood. We had a company crew cab stolen at this hotel's parking lot three years ago. On my lastest visit at least the front desk staff warns you of the car theft issue upn check-in & urge you to use their "secured" parking area (2nd level of their parking structure out back).

Graffiti's, the on-site restaurant bar is expensive and far from worth it. Even draft beer is overpriced and they have the nerve to automatically add 15% tip to all bills- what is that about?!?

I stay here on business as I have no choice. If I had a choice, I'd avoid this dingy, dirty, outdated hotel like the plague.

Room Tip: Even smokers must avoid the smoking rooms- they stink to high heaven!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sensfantoronto
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments. It is true that our city is known for car thefts; however since we installed additional security equipment, we did not have a single car theft.

As far as the smoking floor, we attempt to keep it as clean as any other floor; it is unfortunate that the cleanliness in your room was below your expectations. We will attempt to do better in the future.

The 15% gratuity is something that most hotels charge their guests; we simply follow the norms in our industry.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

great front desk staff. close to mall and easy access to highway. free parking great.

stayed in renovated room so good but glad did not get unrenovated room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We will continue to update and modernize as we go along.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

When we stayed first 2 years ago, the staff were fantastic, and the restaurant was good value and great portion sizes. For the same meal i think it's gone up like $3 and the portions are 1/3 smaller.

We come every 6 months and each visit the quality of the stay has reduced and reduced. The desk staff are still BRILLIANT. Like Franco is wonderful, he even remembers us from visit to visit.

On my last visit lots was wrong one example was, I got dirty cups, when I complained to housekeeping I stuck my head around the corner to see her wipe it and try and hand it back to me! LOL!

This Visit the portion sizes are ridiculous! We were presented with kids sized meals of Spaghetti bolognaise! We were HUNGRY after leaving the restaurant. By comparisson today we went to a slap up 5***** Indian restaurant that we visit each trip and the food is divine, were were all stuffed to the hilt an it was 50cents cheaper than being ripped off with kids portion spag bol's in the hotel restaurant.

The heaters really don't work well in the rooms, so if you don't mind shivering at night this is the place to stay.

They are always drilling on our last visit, with no prior notice and several guests including myself were disgusted as it was during an anti social time, and this time again, no notice, suddenly at Lunch time... really loud drilling with no notice or signs thankfully we were going out.

What ever you do, please dont waste your money to eat here! There are seriously better places to eat! One of the attractions as we travel was kids was the attached restaurant for convenience...

I have told the manager last time, about the detioration in the standards of the hotel and all I get is a Yes Fob off response... so this time I'm leaving a review.

This evening upon our return our room stank of Skunk! Yes I'm spending our last night here and for the first time really looking forward to checking out! Before the service of the staff outweight the Fawlty Towers experience, but this time, I'm not very happy.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie A
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

I am very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience in our establishment. Even though we think we try hard to please and satisfy our guests, based on your comments, there is obviously room for improvement.
We have taken your comments about the restaurant seriously and I have been advised by the chef that he has increased the portions. During your next stay at the hotel, we would be pleased to offer you two complimentary dinners; hopefully, they will be to your satisfaction.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

in the middle of nothing
not bad, not good
good prices compared with services
people are really kind
free internet
restaurant inside, not bad, not good ... they use a terrible oil (sure that it is not olive oil ...)
could be nice to renovate it and clean more and more, rooms above all
it is ok if you have to stay here just a couple of nights

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Actually, we have been told that are location is ideal because it is in the intersection of two main highways. As far as the meals are concerned, we always try hard, but according to your remarks, there is obviously room for improvement.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed here last week for one night on a business trip. I checked in at 10pm and checked out at 9am. The room was nice and clean. The pillows on the bed were awesome, better than I have at home. The free wireless internet worked very well. I ordered the continental breakfast from room service, it arrived quickly and included a croissant, muffin, juice or coffee and a melon wedge. More than I needed but all were fresh and tasty. Overall I have no complaints and expect I will stay again since it is located very close to the office I need to visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
GM326, General Manager at Quality Hotel Montreal East / Olympic Parc, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments; it is always a pleasure to serve people like you.