We stayed at the YWCA during the last weekend of the Jazz Festival in July 2006. We'll most likely stay here again, the next time we visit Montreal - here's why:
- although we had a corner room (at Rene-Levesque and Crescent) there was not a lot of street noise
- the room was made up everyday
- towels and soap are provided
- the area is very safe and great for students and women travelling alone
- there's a coffee shop on the main level where you can buy food in the morning, and drink machines with pop/juice/water with reasonable prices
- there's a TV in every room (which shouldn't matter because you're in Montreal to see the city!)
- there's a common eating area, with a fridge
Here's some things that would have made our stay Excellent, instead of Just Average:
- there's NO overnight parking, we had to park 1 block away and it was $20 to leave our car there overnight (they raised the price for the jazz festival)
- our room was by the elevators, and the doors are very thin so we could hear everytime someone called the elevator or got ice from the ice machine. Didn't make for a great sleep, but I used earplugs the next night, and it was fine.
- our shower was a hand-held nozzle, which was fine, except the hook holding it to the wall was broken so it was hung on the wall using a hair elastic, which is fine, except the nozzle didn't face the middle of the shower.
All in all, I would say this hotel is a great place for students, families, single travellers, and anyone on a budget - it's a great price compared to hostels, hotels and bed and breakfasts in Montreal. It's location is great, right near the metro, and St. Cathrines. I wouldn't reccommend this place if you are expecting the same service as a Fairmont Hotel or anything fancy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just the two of you or with family and friends, the Montreal Y Hotel offers comfortable rooms accommodating 1 to 4 people. Situated on the 7th floor, our hotel's 30 rooms provide an oasis of calm and tranquility in the heart of downtown, just steps from the museum district, Bell Centre, shops, Sainte-Catherine and Crescent streets, restaurants and other tourist attractions. What's more, by staying with us, you'll be helping to build a better future for women and girls living in the Greater Montreal area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Y Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montreal Ywca
- Ywca Montreal
- Ywca Hotel Montreal